NHL Playoff Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too giddy with excitement?
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• While I was kinda hoping they'd lose so the Hawks could get Home Ice Advantage, to win the SC you really should have to go through Detroit. Bring it on. I hope the youngsters are up to the challange. Detriot has a good home ice record.
      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher View Post
        Too giddy with excitement?

Heh. No, I just couldn't connect to the stupid server.

After the game they mentioned Scotty Bowman being with the Hawks, and maybe it's time to paint the visitors lockerroom at the Joe.
        Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
        Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
        One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

• Chicago has a pretty damn good road record. Can't wait for Sunday; it should tell us a lot.
          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Fact: John Garrett at 1-0 is the only goalie in Canuck history to have a winning record in the playoffs.
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
            Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• Darren Helm = Kris Draper 2.0.

I remember over well over a decade ago, watching the Wings in the playoffs, and this kid I'd never heard of was tearing ass up and down the ice like he had jets in his skates. It's deja vu all over again. Helm
              "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
              "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Helm's speed is impressive. It created a breakaway from the Wings' blue line last night.

I hope he'll be as dominant as Draper is on faceoffs.
                Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
                Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.

Comment

• All even after one. These guys can skate; it could have been worse. C'mon Hawks!
                  Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                  RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Franzen steals the puck behind the net and scores on the wraparound 2-1.

Comment

• BTW, scary footage of a Hawk's neck getting scraped by a teammate's skate.

Comment

• Man... the first power play for the Hawks, and they looked terrible... Until they scored
                        The Wings seemed to have had their number... but they scored anyway.

Now 2 - 2... with 17 minutes left.
                        Keep on Civin'
                        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Sigh... just as it was looking promising... the Wings score twice in the next 6 minutes and the fat lady is starting to sing.
                          Keep on Civin'

Comment

• Samuelsson with the winner, Cleary had 2, just missed hattrick on a breakaway.

Comment

• Well... the Hawks lost on the road. No real big surprise. At least it was a good game until the Third Period. They just lost it... Hopefully they learned something.
                              Keep on Civin'

Comment

• Thanks to the power play (even though they failed on the 5 on 3, they scored when it went to 5 on 4) and the Hawks have early lead.
                                Keep on Civin'

Comment

Working...
                                X