No announcement yet.

Who do you tip to win the US presidential election

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He has spent the last 2 months whipping "his people" into a frenzy with blatant lies about election theft. He was promoting the 1/6 event back in mid-December. He clearly knew it was coming and promoted it. Dog-whistles to violence were all over his tweets: "Big protest in DC on January 6th. Be there, will be wild!”

Then look at what the people who were there said about why they were there. One after another declared they were there to fight for Trump, because Trump told them to be there.

So no. Trump was impeached for his ongoing, very public attempt to overthrow our democracy, repeatedly encouraging his Astroturf coup, refusing to put a stop to it. He literally put the entire US Congress at risk of violence and watched the Capitol be invaded on TV while doing nothing to stop it. The fact that others were involved and that he was not the direct ringleader on 1/6 do not make his actions any less impeachable.
    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Uncle Sparky
      Uncle Sparky commented
      Editing a comment
      ...spent the last 2 months whipping up "his people"...
      Trump has been inciting violence from Day 1 of his campaign.

But at a rally with Sarah Palin [2016] in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, Trump encouraged a few thousand supporters to beat up anyone who hurled a tomato at him, saying security had warned him that might happen.

“If you see somebody getting ready to throw a tomato, knock the crap out of them, would you?” Trump said, drawing cheers and laughter. “Seriously, OK? Just knock the hell — I promise you, I will pay for the legal fees. I promise. I promise. They won’t be so much, because the courts agree with us too — what’s going on in this country.”

• Abuse of power. Will you impeach the next president you don't like for spitting in the street? You're ****ing lunatics.
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• -Jrabbit
      -Jrabbit commented
      Editing a comment
      He threw his own VP under the bus after 4 years of loyal service.
      Why?
      For following the constitution and doing his job -- 2 things that Trump clearly cares nothing about.

• Nahhh... but I do hope they impeach the next President who is stupid enough to try to illegally stay in office.
    And those people who followed his orders and believed his lies will pay the price for their actions, so it's only fair that Trump pays something as well.
    Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Capitol Staffer Says Office Panic Buttons Were 'Torn Out' Before Riot

Sarah Groh, chief of staff for Ayanna Pressley, said all the office panic buttons had been removed ahead of a pro-Trump mob storming the Capitol.
      Sarah Groh, chief of staff for Ayanna Pressley, said all the office panic buttons had been removed ahead of a pro-Trump mob storming the Capitol.
      I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
      Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
      Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

• Every kind of anti-Trumper is the dumbest people in the history of the world. Derangement.

"Former Fourth Circuit Judge: Senate Can’t Hold Impeachment Trial After Trump Leaves Office

by Matt PalumboPosted: January 13, 2021

Fight tech tyranny. Join Dan on Parler @dbongino.

Impeachment 2.0 is upon us, and the House of Representatives is expected to vote today to impeach President Donald Trump for a second time, with only days left in his presidency.

But don’t expect a Senate trial anytime soon. House Majority Whip James Clyburn laid out a timeline for impeachment on Sunday – and said that Democrats may wait until after Joe Biden’s first 100 days in office to send any impeachment articles to the Senate. Biden proposed working with the Senate for his agenda in the mornings, while holding impeachment trials in the afternoon.

Nancy Pelosi has already admitted the true reason Dems want impeachment: that they’re afraid of Trump running again.

Never before has a senate trial for an impeached president been held after they left office, and J. Michael Luttig, a former judge on the United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit, made the case that doing so would be unconstitutional. He penned an op-ed in the Washington Post last night to outline the case.

To quote the key parts of his argument:
        The sequencing of the House impeachment proceedings before Trump’s departure from office and the inauguration of the new president, followed by a Senate impeachment trial, perhaps months later, raises the question of whether a former president can be impeached after he leaves office.

The Constitution itself answers this question clearly: No, he cannot be. Once Trump’s term ends on Jan. 20, Congress loses its constitutional authority to continue impeachment proceedings against him — even if the House has already approved articles of impeachment.

Therefore, if the House of Representatives were to impeach the president before he leaves office, the Senate could not thereafter convict the former president and disqualify him under the Constitution from future public office.

The reason for this is found in the Constitution itself. Trump would no longer be incumbent in the Office of the President at the time of the delayed Senate proceeding and would no longer be subject to “impeachment conviction” by the Senate, under the Constitution’s Impeachment Clauses. Which is to say that the Senate’s only power under the Constitution is to convict — or not — an incumbent president.

Luttig says that Article II Section 4 of the Constitution confirms the view that the purpose of impeachment is to remove from office a president before he can cause further harm. That article and section reads “The President, Vice President and all civil officers of the United States, shall be removed from Office on Impeachment for, and Conviction of, Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors.”

Furthermore, Article I Section 3 reads “Judgment in Cases of Impeachment shall not extend further than to removal from Office, and disqualification to hold and enjoy any Office of honor, Trust or Profit under the United States.”

As for Pelosi desiring impeachment to prevent Trump from running again, Luttig says “This is incorrect because it is a constitutional impeachment of a president that authorizes his constitutional disqualification. If a president has not been constitutionally impeached, then the Senate is without the constitutional power to disqualify him from future office.”

Then again, when have Democrats let the Constitution get in their way before?"

Comment

• Just a legal "opinion"... Other legal scholars have the opinion they still can. That's why they are called opinions...
          Keep on Civin'

Comment

• Anyone with any brains knows that you can't remove someone from office that they are in.

Comment

• Legal scholars have mixed opinions on this subject. And that's why they are called legal opinions...
              But as usual in Kid Land, anybody that disagrees with Kid's opinion is stupid, deranged, or whatever...
              Keep on Civin'

Comment

• Do you actually think about what people write before responding? Your opinion is absurd.

Comment

• Impeachment's so nice they did it twice.
                  Blah

Comment

• Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
                    Do you actually think about what people write before responding? Your opinion is absurd.
                    So... are you claiming that their are NO legal scholars that disagree, and think he can still be impeached after he leaves office?
                    Because there are some that do... Easy enough to find with a google search. But then again, you are famous for simply posting headlines...
                    Keep on Civin'

Comment

• No. That's a red herring. I said that you can't remove someone from office that they don't hold and now you act as if that's in question because some experts claim that you can. That's absurd.

Comment

• You posted a "legal opinion" claiming they can't. And there are "legal opinions" out there claiming they can.
                        Nothing absurd about it. As evidenced by the fact the House went ahead and impeached him. If it was as absurd or clear cut as you claim, that wouldn't have happened.
                        Legal experts are mixed on this... and it's absurd to claim that only the ones that support your POV are the correct one.
                        Keep on Civin'

Comment

• Trump will not be removed from office. I'm sorry that you are so easily confused about that.

Comment

• The headline of your story reads... "Former Fourth Circuit Judge: Senate Can’t Hold Impeachment Trial After Trump Leaves Office"
                            And contrary to your claims, some legal scholars have the opinion they can.
                            And while he will already be toast at that time, since the Senate (The majority leader) has said they won't hold the Trial until after he does leave office, the purpose of it is to stop him from holding office in the future.
                            And there are some legal experts who have made the point that even if he is found guilty, that it won't stop him from holding office in the future. And some say they will be able to then hold the second voter required to make it happen. Again, conflicting LEGAL OPINIONS.

It seems like you are the one having a problem understanding what an opinion is.

Keep on Civin'

Comment

Working...
                            X