Who do you tip to win the US presidential election

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looters in the WH, also known as the Trump family

Guess the next thing that will vanish will be the paintings on the walls of the WH (at least those that are worth a lot of money) ...
    and finally, one day before Bidens inauguration, we will see movers putting the resolute desk onto a van that was rented by the Trump family
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• -Jrabbit
      -Jrabbit commented
      Editing a comment
      The American people should gift Trump his adorable baby bill-signing desk.

• Originally posted by Proteus_MST View Post

Looters in the WH, also known as the Trump family

:
    Ouch
    Blah

Comment

• In front of Donnie's windows for the next days:

Blah

Comment

• Your favorite crook. Good for you.
        I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
        - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• Maybe it changes when you whine a bit more. Or have trial by combat....
          Blah

Comment

• Something to think about:
            America’s long lame-duck period gave Trump supporters months to plan a violent uprising. It needs to end.

Modern democracies have a much smaller lame duck period (i.e. timeframe between the election of a new president and him taking power ... for example in France it is just 1 week and even in India it is just 10 days.
            Considering that the Putsch-attempt of Trumpists at the Capitol only was made possible due to the huge (traditional) time between Biden being elected and him taking power (allowing for a 2 months long planning period), it may make sense to shorten this time period to standards that are used in modern democracies.
            Last edited by Proteus_MST; January 15, 2021, 08:36.
            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• Berzerker
              Berzerker commented
              Editing a comment
              that would cut down on the amount of time we have now for court challenges throughout the country, some places were were still counting votes recently

• Proteus_MST
              Proteus_MST commented
              Editing a comment
              Less court challenges actually sounds liker a good thing :;D

But honestly ... it always seems to me like in the USA usually only a fraction of the money and manpower that would be needed to handle the elections in an efficiant manner is actually spent on the elections (even if we put aside the fact trhat some districts (especially in R-dominated states) are intentionally deprived of m,oney/manpower ... in oprder to discourage people from voting).
              In germany usually (aside from paid volunteers) a certain percentage of our state employees are ordered on electiopn day to help with the election (manning polling sttaions and helping with the counting of votes). Votesn in each polling station usually are already counted on election day (and possibly recounted on the same day if errors are detected during counting. (we have enough polling stations so each polling station serves only a few hundred people (and actually, each person usually has only 5-10 minutes walk to his/her assigned polling station ... as well as no longer than maybe 15 minutes of wait, even in the most crowded polling stations).

So, if it isn't done already, perhaps using state employees in addition to normal election workers may improve elections in the USA.
              (on the other hand one has to add that in germany elections take place on a sunday, where most state employees don't have to work ... so, ordering a large number of them to work for the election doesn't take them away from other places where they would have to work)

• I like that there is sometime between November 3 and December 8. I think it is appropriate. It did bother me that Trump's legal efforts were so ridiculous and in bad taste, but I think the time serves a purpose.

I guess there doesn't need to be much time between December 14 and the beginning of the new presidents term.

One part of the reason that it waits until after January 6 is that the new congress certifies (who has just been elected with the president). It was expected that the new congress would be sympathetic although of course they didn't have such an impact of gerrymandering.

JM
            Jon Miller-
            I AM.CANADIAN
            GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• I knew this was fake. Thank me later.

https://summit.news/2021/01/15/cnns-...e-white-house/

Comment

• And Trump didn't have the election stolen from him... his claims are just fake news. Thank me later.
                Keep on Civin'
                RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Wow. You don't even know what fake news is. No wonder you keep falling for it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
                    Wow. You don't even know what fake news is. No wonder you keep falling for it.

And you still believe the election was stolen from Trump... but keep drinking the kool-aid and believe all the BS your alt right sites spoon feed you.
                    Keep on Civin'

Comment

• Some class shown by the Current Administration...
                      Pence called Kamala Harris to offer his congratulations. And sadly, It's the first known contact between the elected members of the outgoing and incoming administrations.
                      At least somebody is showing some class, unlike Trump who is too busy whining and throwing temper tantrums... while planning his exit from the WH like a dog with his tail between his legs prior to the inauguration.
                      And I guess more and more Americans are finally waking up to what a disgusting moron he is since his latest approval ratings have dropped to their lowest level ever. Now only 29% of the country believe his BS and Lies.
                      Keep on Civin'

Comment

• Way down you go!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ming View Post
                          Some class shown by the Current Administration...
                          Pence called Kamala Harris to offer his congratulations. And sadly, It's the first known contact between the elected members of the outgoing and incoming administrations.
                          At least somebody is showing some class, unlike Trump who is too busy whining and throwing temper tantrums... while planning his exit from the WH like a dog with his tail between his legs prior to the inauguration.
                          And I guess more and more Americans are finally waking up to what a disgusting moron he is since his latest approval ratings have dropped to their lowest level ever. Now only 29% of the country believe his BS and Lies.
                          Good for him for doing the right thing.

Regarding Trumps approval rating ... seems like even among Republicans it has falsharply by 17% to just 60% ...
                          guess 01/06 has caused many former Trump leaning republicans to wake up to the realities of Trumpism

Comment

• Fortunately Trump brought home the troops to set up a green zone in DC, and to guard the nation against Trump's insurrection:

The Pentagon has authorized up to 25,000 National Guard members for President-elect Joe Biden’s inauguration, the National Guard Bureau said in a press release Friday, marking an increase from the 21,000 troops authorized a day earlier.
                            Blah

Comment

Working...
                            X