No announcement yet.

Pope: Catholics should ask gay people for forgiveness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ben is a lying coward who makes things up, uses out of date figures and distorts everything. This bigot will go to any length to lie. I don't believe sodomy is a sin and I believe it is a normal sexual practice among both heterosexuals and homosexuals. So deal with that Ben!
    For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

• This bigoted lying idiot will keep espousing the same hatred towards LGBT people, based on his hateful notions of a grossly mistranslated fictional book (the bible). You are free to believe what you want, but please don't come on here claiming to know better than anyone else. After I kicked your ass on labor participation, I will do it again when it comes to LGBT people.

We are people and you have no right to attack or persecute us. We are tired of people like you telling us that we are perverts and sinners. Your religion has no basis or support to it.

Now I will enjoy my Sunday not entertaining more of your bull**** and I think everyone here should too. You are nothing more than a pest who can't mind his own business, Ben.
      For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

• Do people not make cakes for people that lie? Would you support bakers not to bake cakes for anybody that has sinned and has not yet confessed?
        Are Christian bakers being forced to bake cakes for Lying Pride day?

You have drawn a distinction by supporting discrimination against gays.
        The Christian has no way of knowing that his customers are homosexual, unless they ask him to bake a cake for Pride. The Christian is not even denying them a cake - and offered to make them a blank one.

In the eyes of others not of your faith, you are not forgiven... Your hate earns you a ticket to a bad afterlife unless you atone based on their beliefs.
        They are welcome to believe that. They are also wrong. 'Atoning' has a strange meaning - since what you mean is capitulation. Essentially I have a choice - if I were to capitulate I would be condemned to hell. So in reality I have no choice whatsoever if I want to remain on this side of the line.

It's a two way street. Religious freedom is TRUE religious freedom. Most gays aren't sinning based on their own beliefs. They will be welcome in the heaven of their beliefs.
        But there is no 'heaven of their beliefs'. That is my point. There is only hell.

Your Pope is telling you not to judge... show love and compassion... asks that you ask for forgiveness for the wrongs you have done against them.
        And he also calls them to repent of their sins including that of sodomy so that they can be redeemed.

He never claims that it's not a sin in the eyes of the Catholic Church... but he does ask that you act in a Christian manner...
        How is it contrary to a Christian manner, if one is confronting the sin and not the sinner? I have never said that a homosexual person cannot be forgiven - they are in the same spot as I was. Quite the opposite. I am saying that there is nothing keeping them out than from what was keeping me out.

And for that message of peace and love, you denounce him... WOW!
        It is important for Christians to judge rightly - which is in the bible. All the bishops immediately came out and corrected him, and he ended up having to issue a restatement. He's the Pope - he shouldn't have to be corrected by his own bishops when he gets it wrong. It's his job to get it right - the first time.
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Ben is a lying liar and now he posted out of date figures
          Take it up with the BLS which states that you are wrong.

Obama has led this nation with years of strong job growth
          Workforce today smaller than in 2000. That's not job growth.

I don't believe sodomy is a sin and I believe it is a normal sexual practice among both heterosexuals and homosexuals.
          Do you believe that lying is a sin? If so, why?

based on his hateful notions of a grossly mistranslated fictional book (the bible).
          The bible condemns many sins. Do you believe that the bible is 'mistranslated' and 'fictional', when Christ teaches that he died for our sins?
          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

• But gayism is different. Here it is considered a sin to be who you are!
            And that - precisely is the point I have been hammering home. You are not your sins. A liar doesn't have his nature to lie - in the sense that he cannot stop lying. If you believe that then you are also rejecting redemption. Homosexuality is no different - you are not defined by your homosexuality.

Comment

• Given I don't believe in "sin" and don't condemn people to hell for their words or actions your first question is loaded and flawed.
              Then why do you believe that lying is wrong?

Comment

• The hubris amongst you and your friends is mindblowing. Would you like to explain why God selected Francis through the papal conclave if he is so unsuitable for the job? Or perhaps you and your spoiled first world fellow 'worshippers' now believe your opinion is more important than gods?
                Given that I cited Cardinal Sarah - I fail to see your point here. Are you suggesting that Cardinal Sarah is a part of the first world - and that is part of Sarah's point. Those of the First world who abandon the faith for the latest cause celebre are the reason that the Church is struggling in the West. Francis is not helping in this regard.

As for your job being 'hard enough' perhaps you should take a mission to Africa and see how hard those Catholic's lives are, before you bleat about your hard life in the richest country on Earth.
                You seem to believe that material poverty is worse than spiritual poverty. As for the conclave, why is one needed when we have a living Pope in Benedict? I do not see justification for his resignation, which was a terrible thing. If Popes are indeed appointed by God - then you cannot resign. You will die the Pope.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                  Take it up with the BLS which states that you are wrong.

Workforce today smaller than in 2000. That's not job growth.

Do you believe that lying is a sin? If so, why?

The bible condemns many sins. Do you believe that the bible is 'mistranslated' and 'fictional', when Christ teaches that he died for our sins?
                  Are you a ****ing moron who doesn't know how to read?

Obama has had 73 months of job growth and the job market has expanded significantly. He took over in the midst of one of the worst recessions in modern history since 1929. You are either too stupid or just plain ignorant.

He has created over 14 million jobs, yet you're going to ****ing sit here and still me that's not job growth? You are mentally and intellectually defective in every sense of the word. You harp on about stupid bull****, and I point out that the majority of the declines are attributed to retirements.

How is sodomy the same as lying? Nobody cares about the bible. The bible endorses slavery and stoning people to death.

I don't give two ****s about the bible and I don't want to see religious laws on the books, period.

Comment

And that - precisely is the point I have been hammering home. You are not your sins. A liar doesn't have his nature to lie - in the sense that he cannot stop lying. If you believe that then you are also rejecting redemption. Homosexuality is no different - you are not defined by your homosexuality.
                    You sir are a LYING MORON. I am DEFINED by it as it is PART OF MY LIFE. It is PART OF WHO I AM. You being a liar is something you choose to be. And being a liar is wrong because you CHOOSE to be a DISHONEST LYING SCOUNDREL. That is A CHOICE YOU MAKE. I did NOT choose to be gay.
                    Last edited by Giancarlo; August 7, 2016, 12:57.

Comment

• And notice how this scoundrel won't even address any of the other points I brought up. I destroyed him in the argument about jobs, I destroyed his argument about labor participation (WITH UP TO DATE FIGURES), I destroyed his argument about mass shootings and destroyed his argument in the argument about LGBT people.

I think I'm cleaning up here.

He's a self centered egotistical ignorant man who lies about his credentials, lies about facts and lies on just about everything.

He can't keep his story straight, even if he was paid to do so. I have never met someone as deplorable and hateful as this bigot. He's someone who will sit on his stupid little pedestal comparing lying to homosexuality. This man is sick in the head.

Comment

Then why do you believe that lying is wrong?
                        I don't believe it is "wrong". I believe that if you lie, people will have difficulty in trusting you or believing you. And that is not a pleasant scenario for the liar and the one hearing the lies.
                        One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dauphin View Post
                          I don't believe it is "wrong". I believe that if you lie, people will have difficulty in trusting you or believing you. And that is not a pleasant scenario for the liar and the one hearing the lies.
                          So...

Do you think people have problems trusting Ben?

Comment

Are Christian bakers being forced to bake cakes for Lying Pride day?
                            The Christian has no way of knowing that his customers are homosexual, unless they ask him to bake a cake for Pride. The Christian is not even denying them a cake - and offered to make them a blank one.
                            Yet I'm sure they have baked cakes for people who have been divorced and are getting married again.
                            Do they question their customers to make sure it's only their first marriage... or for that matter, do they only bake cakes for Catholic weddings?
                            But they don't ask... I'm sure they bake cake for sinners all the time... yet not gays... DISCRIMINATION!
                            If they cared so deeply they would ask EVERY COUPLE... maybe even ask them to fill out a form stating that there is no sin involved.

They are welcome to believe that. They are also wrong. 'Atoning' has a strange meaning - since what you mean is capitulation. Essentially I have a choice - if I were to capitulate I would be condemned to hell. So in reality I have no choice whatsoever if I want to remain on this side of the line.
                            Well they think you are wrong. Your religion vs. theirs... Religious freedom.

And he also calls them to repent of their sins including that of sodomy so that they can be redeemed.
                            Never argued that... and that's fine for Catholics who believe. But if their beliefs don't make it a sin they have nothing to repent.

How is it contrary to a Christian manner, if one is confronting the sin and not the sinner? I have never said that a homosexual person cannot be forgiven - they are in the same spot as I was. Quite the opposite. I am saying that there is nothing keeping them out than from what was keeping me out.
                            One key factor... they have their own beliefs... and they are different from yours. They don't need to confess to a Catholic priest since they don't believe in your religion.
                            But it is christian to treat others with respect and love, and to not discriminate.

It is important for Christians to judge rightly - which is in the bible. All the bishops immediately came out and corrected him, and he ended up having to issue a restatement. He's the Pope - he shouldn't have to be corrected by his own bishops when he gets it wrong. It's his job to get it right - the first time.
                            But you are ignoring the part of his message that is the most important... to not wrong others, peace, love... and to apologize for the way Catholics have treated gays...
                            And for other ways Catholics have failed... like they failed the Jews in their time of need... When the Church turned a blind eye to the Nazis and even supported them, while helping many to escape justice.

And all you want to do is denounce the Man for speaking like a true Christian... WOW.
                            Ask yourself what Jesus would do... would he preach of hate and discrimination or love and understanding... You probably would denounce Jesus as well...
                            Keep on Civin'
                            RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Dontcha love it when Ben says "a homosexual person can be forgiven"? What do we need to be forgiven about? Ben was in the same spot huh? Ben doesn't know anything about us period. I can't believe I missed that tidbit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Giancarlo View Post
                                Dontcha love it when Ben says "a homosexual person can be forgiven"? What do we need to be forgiven about? Ben was in the same spot huh? Ben doesn't know anything about us period. I can't believe I missed that tidbit.
                                Ben believes Religious freedom means only the freedom to believe in the Catholic Church and not other faiths, and that only Catholics are free to believe what they want and not others. He ignores the fact that can people can have their own beliefs and think the Catholic Church is full of ****.
                                Keep on Civin'
                                RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                                X