No announcement yet.

Pope: Catholics should ask gay people for forgiveness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It doesn't mean I am a Catholic. I was forced into it. Now I am not. Get it now?
    Uh, I hate to break it to you, but it does.
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
      And there is plenty of documentation showing Planned parenthood obviating those limits by altering ages of folks who come to their clinics, or obtaining judicial bypasses. Been shown through stings, where folks will call up PP, tell them that they are 12, 13 years old and want an abortion.
      So gee... since some people break the law, that constitutes modern society. So I guess since people break the law while committing murder or stealing that means that those actions are concerned OK by modern society... WOW!
      Keep on Civin'
      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Not if I refuse to recognize the legitimacy and authority of the church. Sorry Ben, you lose again (hey that rhymes).
        For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

• What consequences has Planned parenthood suffered for breaking the law?
          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

Only in the eyes of the Catholic Church, not to those that don't believe.
            Just like gay marriages... the Catholic Church believes one thing but the Law of the Land disagrees.
            Keep on Civin'

Comment

And there is plenty of documentation showing Planned parenthood obviating those limits by altering ages of folks who come to their clinics, or obtaining judicial bypasses. Been shown through stings, where folks will call up PP, tell them that they are 12, 13 years old and want an abortion.
              We're talking about legal requirements. What you're talking about is illegal.
              There is plenty of documentation that priests diddled little children. That didn't make it legal. (regardless of what the church thought)
              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• For Ben, kids never a choice. they must be forced into the church and they cannot decide for themselves. If they get molested that is just unfortunate but isn't important (according to his argument). Ben simply swept the abuse argument under the rug.
                For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

What consequences has Planned parenthood suffered for breaking the law?
                  What laws have they broke?

Comment

• Not if I refuse to recognize the legitimacy and authority of the church. Sorry Ben, you lose again (hey that rhymes).
                    Again, if you were to return, you would not get baptized again, nor would you be reconfirmed. This is different than it was for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by rah View Post
                      We're talking about legal requirements. What you're talking about is illegal.
                      There is plenty of documentation that priests diddled little children. That didn't make it legal. (regardless of what the church thought)
                      Planned Parenthood never actually broke the law and went about it in the legal manner (think guardian ad litem in the processes of law). The Church has no authority legally.

Comment

Again, if you were to return, you would not get baptized again, nor would you be reconfirmed. This is different than it was for me.
                        Changing the subject. I never was catholic and the cult like rituals don't have any bearing on my life.

Comment

Doesn't change what the laws of the land are. All thieves and murders don't get punished, but it doesn't change the fact their actions are illegal.

And it also doesn't change the fact that only two states have recognized laws that give minors the right to an abortion without parental consent or notification. That doesn't constitute "modern society"
                          Keep on Civin'

Comment

Well if it was part of a so called "sting" operation their guilt must be so overwhelming that they were found guilty and charged.
                            Look up how they were penalized. Don't expect us to do it since you're the one bleating about it.
                            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• There is plenty of documentation that priests diddled little children. That didn't make it legal. (regardless of what the church thought)
                              And the Church has paid that price with millions of dollars. Has Planned Parenthood?

Comment

And the Church has paid that price with millions of dollars. Has Planned Parenthood?
                                What laws did PP break?

You even have republicans admitting they didn't break any laws.

Comment

Working...
                                X