No announcement yet.

Pope: Catholics should ask gay people for forgiveness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The First Amendment prohibits the state from pushing religious laws. Look it up.
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.
    You miss this little part of it? I guess you don't like that part because it prevents you from banning Christianity.
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Anyone know who this Jefferson hack is?
      To messers. Nehemiah Dodge, Ephraim Robbins, & Stephen S. Nelson, a committee of the Danbury Baptist association in the state of Connecticut
      That doesn't sound like the constitution, does it?
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

• A subsidy is a benefit given by the government to groups or individuals, usually in the form of a cash payment or a tax reduction. The subsidy is typically given to remove some type of burden, and it is often considered to be in the overall interest of the public.
        Subsidies are direct payments from the state to people. For example - to offer tax relief - in the form of payments would be considered a subsidy. To reduce the taxes paid, is not - because the state is reducing their take, rather than redistributing money it is taking in.

The difference between the two is quite easy to explain. What would happen if the government reduced the income tax to 10 percent across the board? Would that be a subsidy? No - obviously not.

Would paying out in a refund to the same amount that would be cut be a subsidy - yes, because first you have to take from the other citizens the money before you can redistribute. In the first example, the money stays with the citizen.

If tax cuts aint made up it becomes debt,
        *sigh*. No, that's not how it works, Berz.

increasing debt to provide subsidies is what Democrats and Republicans are doing - and thats what you advocate, subsidies we dont pay for and more debt. Either you're projecting or you didn't put any thought into your insult.
        Then why am I advocating cuts to taxes and cuts to spending programs? If I supported taxpayer debt - why would I care to suggest some deep and sustained cuts to domestic social programs?

C'mon Berz, if you're going to argue, at least argue against my actual position.

I never said that, I'm opposed to increasing the debt to provide subsidies because the state needs more kids.
        Your issue is that you aren't the beneficiary of the tax cut.

Remember, you criticized me for wanting tax cuts made up? Now you've turned it into an opposition to all tax cuts.
        If you believe that tax cuts must be made up by increasing taxes elsewhere, yes, you are against all tax cuts.

I'm opposed to business taxes, they put USA businesses at a disadvantage against foreign businesses that get subsidies.
        So why are you opposed to a tax break for families with children? They already pay enough in taxes.

Comment

• Either God selects the pope via the papal conclave or not.
          The Benedict still remains Pope. God chose him. Do you believe that God chose Benedict wrongly?

You do not get to choose which of gods decisions you want to approve of, or indeed to pass judgement over whether you think gods chosen representative is a good choice.
          Great, then Benedict is still Pope.

If you do that, then you are saying your opinion is more important than gods.
          I didn't choose Benedict. God and the conclave did.

If Cardinal Sarah is also questioning Pope Francis judgement then he is guilty of the same sin of pride as you are. In case you've forgotten, God has the power to change whatever rule of law he pleases in line with his plan for the world.
          Wow, so you're saying that the Pope can change doctrine, because God appointed him. You might want to read Catholic doctrine a bit more.

If he chose Francis as his representative on earth, there must have been a reason for that choice, and for you to reject that is a direct rejection of gods authority.
          Francis cannot contradict what God already said and taught. If God appointed Benedict, and John Paul II - Francis cannot change their teachings. That's what you don't understand God has already spoken on these issues, and the statement has been clear. Nothing Francis does can change any of this.

Wow, you've gone from being a Catholic to being a heretic. Your arrogance is absolutely stunning. When exactly did you and your prideful friends decide that your personal opinions mattered more than Gods will?
          Where was God's will in Benedict's resignation? I fail to see it. God's choice was very clear - Benedict.

Or perhaps you've decided that God is a weak willed fool whose plan can be overruled by the machinations of men? You need a serious lesson in humility.
          If I believed that, wouldn't I believe that God's will in selecting the Pope could be overruled by a resignation?

See, that's the problem - Kentonio. If God chooses, then God decides. It's not anybody else's role to interfere with this.

Now, the actual teaching is this - God is merciful, if someone doesn't wish to serve him, yes - they can refuse the call. We see this many times in history. We see that the choice that God has selected be rejected by the people - to their detriment. Every time.

Everytime a choice is made where God's will is defied - and the people choose another way that they believe is better... what happens? We are worse off for it. Benedict will have to repent for the punishment we are being inflicted on by Francis.

Comment

• Longest religious thread ever...

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
              St Paul is still a dip****, Gian?
              Total dip****. I don't care for that hateful form of "love" he has. It's the type of "love" George Carlin described. It is a hateful vindictive "love". It isn't real love. Real love is what I have for my boyfriend.

Total dip**** indeed.
              For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

You miss this little part of it? I guess you don't like that part because it prevents you from banning Christianity.
                "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion"

And you missed the first part it, moron. I'm not banning Christianity. You are free to practice whatever bull**** belief you want.
                For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

But, you still made a promise to God.
                  I did not make any promise except to myself. There is no Christian god. That is a figment of your imagination.

Actually, as a confirmed Catholic - yes you are still part of the Church. You chose to take on the vow to defend the teachings of the Church in their entirety. Nobody forced you to do that, Giancarlo - you did. And you're still bound to that promise whatever you may believe now.
                  No I didn't have a choice. It was expected in my culture to do so. I had no real choice. I did have a choice to leave the Church and religion completely. I don't like a church of child molesters and liars. I'm not bound to anything, moron. You will not force me into anything. You will not imprison me. The church is not a prison... unless you're saying the Catholic Church is like Scientology which tortures people who try to leave. Nice example actually!

And you are? I mean, seriously - Giancarlo. You are angry with the Church in general for breaking promises to people. I understand that - however - here's the problem. You made a promise before God. Why should anyone trust anything you have to say since you're willing to break the promise you made to God? If you're willing to break THAT promise - what promise will you keep?
                  I'm very trustworthy because I happen to be gay. I am angry with the Church for covering up serious crimes (and continuing to do so). I know the child molestation issue is still happening to this day. Priests are still getting caught. By the way, I'm agnostic and that was done independently of that issue. I also am gay. There is no god, so there is no promise to be made. The only promise I have with is with myself to be true and honest about who I am. I lied too much to myself years ago and did that on here when I covered up my true feelings. I destroyed the heart of a guy who was in love with me because I was too hateful to even accept myself. He did eventually forgive me and understood the horrid situation I was in. These are actions I regret to this day. That filthy religion was a reason I did that.

No, I am not angry at the church for breaking its promises. I really don't give a **** about religion anymore and I'm not bound by any religious dogma. Free your mind!

Comment

• George Carlin on the hateful vindictive so called "love" the Catholic church and dip****s like Saint Paul display:

What makes someone a Saint anyways? Most Saints the church has proclaimed are nothing more than conartists (Mother Teresa for one) and criminals.

Comment

Longest religious thread ever...
                      Continued by the biggest long winded bigot on here...

You!

Comment

• Where was God's will in Benedict's resignation? I fail to see it. God's choice was very clear - Benedict.
                        Benedict said God told him to... that he had a mystic experience and God made his wishes to him known...
                        Maybe you fail to see it, but Benedict did. Who are we to argue God's Will... God's choice was very clear... Francis.
                        Keep on Civin'
                        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• So the real question is they allow inmates internet access in Texas?

I'm surprised Ben is still on here.

Everytime a choice is made where God's will is defied - and the people choose another way that they believe is better... what happens? We are worse off for it.
                          Lulz. What lovely logic. Sorry, but people don't live in that bull**** anymore. We don't need be to appeasing the god(s) anymore. How about we throw someone into a volcano? That might appease the god(s). How about we hold a huge ritual and bang some drums? That might appease the god(s)! RA will be so angry at us for not worshipping the sun. Or perhaps Zeus will strike us down with a lightning bolt.

Basically Carlin was right about religion. "My God has a BIGGER DICK than your GOD!"
                          Last edited by Giancarlo; August 8, 2016, 00:57.

Comment

• Originally posted by Giancarlo View Post
                            Technocrats. Not politicians.
                            Technocrats hired by politicians

2007-08. Trillions of dollars wiped out and stolen. Inadequate Government Regulation.
                            The govt subsidized the housing industry, Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac (eg) made govt backed loans to people who couldn't pay them off. The taxpayers were liable for those losses because people like you want govt running the economy. The largest rip off you came up with resulted from govt policies. Like I said, when politicians screw up you blame the market.

Comment

• Originally posted by Berzerker View Post
                              Technocrats hired by politicians

The govt subsidized the housing industry, Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac (eg) made govt backed loans to people who couldn't pay them off. The taxpayers were liable for those losses because people like you want govt running the economy. The largest rip off you came up with resulted from govt policies. Like I said, when politicians screw up you blame the market.
                              Excuses, excuses for the lies peddled by your libertarian masters (corporatists). You're making things up once again. It wasn't just the housing market that went under. You think less regulation would make things better. You live under a ROCK. The market is screwed up and has ****ED over the people enough. The losses by the market far outweigh anything politicians have done so please stop being dishonest.

By the way, I'm in favor of prosecuting politicians who collude with corporations. That's why I want more left wing politicians in this country... and I also want Glass-Steagall reinstated.

You just believe the lies published on libertarian propaganda websites. You honestly think the market will help us when it will just destroy this entire country.

Give me a reason why I should believe anything a libertarian says? To me it's all sugarcoated corporatism bull****.

I'm sorry but I don't believe in voluntary regulations and wishing for regulatory compliance like what libertarians believe. You hold the private sector in too high regard and you think it'll solve everything. That's pretty delusional I think.

Edit: By the way, the 2007-08 recession happened because of either INSUFFICIENT/INADEQUATE or POORLY APPLIED regulation. You think we need less. Awesome logic. So you would take a bad situation and make it worse. This is how dangerous libertarianism is. It must never be applied in practice and opposed at all costs.
                              Last edited by Giancarlo; August 8, 2016, 01:25.

Comment

• Lulz. What lovely logic. Sorry, but people don't live in that bull**** anymore. We don't need be to appeasing the god(s) anymore. How about we throw someone into a volcano? That might appease the god(s). How about we hold a huge ritual and bang some drums? That might appease the god(s)! RA will be so angry at us for not worshipping the sun. Or perhaps Zeus will strike us down with a lightning bolt.
                                In this particular example, it would mean that Benedict would stay on as Pope. I'm not sure what's particularly controversial about this position. There hasn't been a resignation in over 500 years, and the last time it happened, the resigning pope died within the year.

Comment

Working...
                                X