No announcement yet.

lap dancing teacher more qualified than ben to teach children

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cinco de Mayo, incidentally, is even less relevant to Asian students and Hispanic students who aren't Mexican than MLK Day.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
      The problem is not with us. We would get more people to sit up and notice stripping this stuff out altogether and teaching stuff because it's relevant to the plot. Students are already conditioned to their 'once a year', Dr. King speech.

I am going to be teaching more Texas specific stuff, like the veterans of the Alamo and some of the primary sources there for the folks, the antislavery bills in the English legislature, etc. Stuff that's actually relevant.
      Are you ****ing kidding me. One moment, you say that you believe in the relevance of MLK Day and it's not you, the next you say, you're going to be teaching about the Alamo because it's more relevant.
      I don't know if you realize this, but the significance of the Alamo is along the lines of the significance of "Remember the Maine!" It was a justification for the U.S. to enter a war. Without the CIVIL RIGHTS movement that MLK represents Asians, Hispanics and blacks would not enjoy the rights, jobs and etc that they have in this country.
      Their is nothing wrong with teaching about the Alamo but once again, those who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it.
      What can make a nigga wanna fight a whole night club/Figure that he ought to maybe be a pimp simply 'cause he don't like love/What can make a nigga wanna achy, break all rules/In a book when it took a lot to get you hooked up to this volume/
      What can make a nigga wanna loose all faith in/Anything that he can't feel through his chest wit sensation

Comment

• Are you ****ing kidding me. One moment, you say that you believe in the relevance of MLK Day and it's not you, the next you say, you're going to be teaching about the Alamo because it's more relevant.
        Given folks like Seguin and Zavala who are relevant to Texas history because of things they actually did? Absolutely. I don't have the change the curriculum one bit.

I don't know if you realize this, but the significance of the Alamo is along the lines of the significance of "Remember the Maine!"
        Uh, no.

It was a justification for the U.S. to enter a war.
        It's the only time a significant invasion force has been on American soil.

Without the CIVIL RIGHTS movement that MLK represents Asians, Hispanics and blacks would not enjoy the rights, jobs and etc that they have in this country.
        And without folks like Wilberforce, the slaves in Texas would not have been freed.
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Cinco de Mayo, incidentally, is even less relevant to Asian students and Hispanic students who aren't Mexican than MLK Day
          Which is why nearly half my class stays home? If they are gonna stay home, then we might as well have a day off and swap it for MLK Day.
          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

• It would seem reasonable if I were in in your area, catholic and of school going age or considering sending my son to your school to consider sitting down in a class. As is, going by your statements. The history and social studies taught in your school is seriously flawed.
            Again, you've not sat in on my class. I'm not asking you to attend or commit a child, I'm suggesting you gage based on observations.

History and Social Studies are very important in educating people on things like racism, homophobia, why things are the way they are and how hey can be improved. Reading fiction... Reading History.. can really spark the imagination.
            I'm a firm believer in the use of primary sources wherever possible. History is about telling stories of the past in a way that's accurate and compelling.

Comment

• Why do you keep pretending to care about MLK and his message, when you keep letting your mask slip with lines like 'Stuff that's actually relevant'?
              Are you suggesting that the Seguins and Zavala aren't relevant to the formation of the Texas republic? They were crucial. Zavala brought a significant number of settlers in and the Seguins supplied much of the Texas army.

If you can't create a solid learning experience around the story of a man who was at the very forefront of a movement for freedom and who gave his own life in the process, then you should stop pretending to be an educator.
              Given that, no, he wasn't at the forefront of the movement, that the only ones who really care about him are boomers, and that many people who get far less press were far more responsible?

Tell me why I should devote more coverage to Dr. King than Toussaint L'Ouverture.

Comment

• If only black people care about MLK Day... why is it a federal holiday?
                Better question - and the same one we were asked, if we are going to have a MLK day, why not one for Asians too?

Comment

• Because MLK Day is not an ethnic holiday.

Comment

Which is why nearly half my class stays home? If they are gonna stay home, then we might as well have a day off and swap it for MLK Day.
                    There are plenty of Mexicans in Texas, so many that you apparently don't realize Hispanics aren't all Mexicans.

Comment

• Because MLK Day is not an ethnic holiday.
                      Tell that to my students who believe that it is and that they want their own. Can't blame them for that either.

Comment

• There are plenty of Mexicans in Texas, so many that you apparently don't realize Hispanics aren't all Mexicans.
                        Never said so - but they have a point. They feel that their culture is ignored and receives little recognition. "They" don't get a day and that's how they feel about Dr. MLK day. They feel excluded and ignored.

Perhaps if folks actually stopped treating MLK as an 'ethnic' holiday we could get back to what he actually taught.

Comment

Tell that to my students who believe that it is and that they want their own. Can't blame them for that either.
                          Yes. I can, in fact, blame your retarded ass students for being racist pieces of shit.
                          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Yes. I can, in fact, blame your retarded ass students for being racist pieces of ****.
                            Good luck with that approach.

Comment

The Vietnamese girl you referenced earlier is wrong.

Comment

• The Vietnamese girl you referenced earlier is wrong.
                                Is she? She's right that there's quotas and she's right that there's quotas that go only one way.

Comment

Working...
                                X