No announcement yet.

lap dancing teacher more qualified than ben to teach children

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Of course given that you are a teacher you didn't think to educate the kids about what MLK achieved and why he was such a vital figure in modern US history, instead you just went along with it like the despicable bastard you are.

Which is why I make sure to teach this.

I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Ffs, from this very thread..

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
      I am saying that MLK Jr. Day is not relevant to my Hispanic and Asian students

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
        William Wilberforce's birthday *is* celebrated. His birthday's the 24th of August.

I'm not sure why this is an issue. I am saying that MLK Jr. Day is not relevant to my Hispanic and Asian students who see no relevance to them in what a black man did. They see MLK Day, rightly or wrongly as 'black people day', and insist in celebrating other days that they believe are more relevant to them. Like Cinco de Mayo. I routinely have half my class out for Cinco de Mayo.

In short, my school - Cinco de Mayo = relevant, MLK Jr. Day is not. I expect next year we'll swap the two. We get more work done in Feb than in May.
        Are you saying that you don't know or can't explain the effect that MLK had on the rights of MINORITIES in the U.S.A. Cinco De Mayo is more akin to Saint Patricks Day than MLK Jr. Day. I.E. a celebration of a culture and there is nothing wrong with that. MLK Jr. is not about being black it's about the struggle for equality in America for all. Why are you teaching history if you can't understand or explain that?
        What can make a nigga wanna fight a whole night club/Figure that he ought to maybe be a pimp simply 'cause he don't like love/What can make a nigga wanna achy, break all rules/In a book when it took a lot to get you hooked up to this volume/
        What can make a nigga wanna loose all faith in/Anything that he can't feel through his chest wit sensation

Comment

Yeah, I was shocked too, it came from a little Vietnamese girl. But she has a point. If we're going to celebrate MLK because he was a black man and it's 'black people day', than where is 'her day?'

That is what they had been taught for years about MLK Day.

And we'll probably swap the day off for Cinco de Mayo. It's been brought up by my principal a couple times already and been voted down. I don't see it being voted down next year.
          One Vietnamese girl said so, and you formed a stereotype based on this?

Comment

Yeah, I was shocked too, it came from a little Vietnamese girl. But she has a point. If we're going to celebrate MLK because he was a black man and it's 'black people day', than where is 'her day?'

That is what they had been taught for years about MLK Day.

And we'll probably swap the day off for Cinco de Mayo. It's been brought up by my principal a couple times already and been voted down. I don't see it being voted down next year.
            And who are her teachers? And what does the Principal believe? Are you arguing that the students should be taught based on their opinions.
            What can make a nigga wanna fight a whole night club/Figure that he ought to maybe be a pimp simply 'cause he don't like love/What can make a nigga wanna achy, break all rules/In a book when it took a lot to get you hooked up to this volume/
            What can make a nigga wanna loose all faith in/Anything that he can't feel through his chest wit sensation

Comment

• Are you saying that you don't know or can't explain the effect that MLK had on the rights of MINORITIES in the U.S.A.
              Just did, above. I can teach all I want, but it won't change how many of my Hispanic students perceive it. They, rightly or wrongly see it as currying favor to black people and black people alone and would rather celebrate 'their day', Cinco de Mayo.

Cinco De Mayo is more akin to Saint Patricks Day than MLK Jr. Day.
              Again, our students would prefer to have Cinco de Mayo off and have requested that we swap the two. It will likely happen next year. I have recused myself from this decision (not being an American).

MLK Jr. is not about being black it's about the struggle for equality in America for all. Why are you teaching history if you can't understand or explain that?
              The problem isn't me - the problem is that it's not being taught that way in the lower grades. MLK is seen as relevant because its 'black people day', and much of what they are being taught in lower grades reinforces this perception. They are not being taught the "I have a dream speech". I make a point when it comes up to reinforce it that the point is what Dr. King had to teach and not that he was black.
              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

I looked myself. Had a similar problem. Sorry Pax. I can keep looking. But, that was the gist of our disagreement. I said that there was a serious gap that needed significant work.
                Cool. Well let me say. Like I said, before. You were right(about something) and that I support and applaud that you held your students accountable for their work.
                Where I think we have common ground is that I think if you force and challenge your students to be productive now they will be productive members of society.
                My main issue with you is what they are being taught

Comment

Just did, above. I can teach all I want, but it won't change how many of my Hispanic students perceive it. They, rightly or wrongly see it as currying favor to black people and black people alone and would rather celebrate 'their day', Cinco de Mayo.
                  If it won't change their minds then you're a truly terrible teacher. It's a lesson a child could teach.

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                  The problem isn't me - the problem is that it's not being taught that way in the lower grades. MLK is seen as relevant because its 'black people day', and much of what they are being taught in lower grades reinforces this perception. They are not being taught the "I have a dream speech". I make a point when it comes up to reinforce it that the point is what Dr. King had to teach and not that he was black.
                  The problem is seemingly both you and your fellow idiot collegues.

Comment

• And who are her teachers?
                    Who were her public school elementary teachers? I don't know. Smart girl, not stupid at all. Did very well.

And what does the Principal believe? Are you arguing that the students should be taught based on their opinions.
                    The principal believes as I do that Dr. King is relevant to everyone because of what he taught - that it was important to have an America that judged people by the content of their character and not the colour of their skin.

The problem is that the society these kids see is that folks don't actually believe this, they just pay lip service to it and they see MLK as important because he was black. I can foresee a time when we drop this altogether and just go with things like Our Lady of Guadalupe.

Comment

• Where I think we have common ground is that I think if you force and challenge your students to be productive now they will be productive members of society.
                      I think it's important for Americans to have a common culture and to speak English well, I spend a lot of time working on English proficiency, how to sit up and give a presentation, a little public speaking - every class we do a little bit for everyone so it's not just one and done. That, I think is the biggest gap between where they are when they come in and where they need to be - their reading proficiency. We do a lot of vocabulary, etc, and I am trying to do more Latin (as I have a significant number of Spanish speakers), and I'd like to take advantage of what they know.

I could live with teaching no history at all if they can read and speak well when we are done. It usually pays off at the end of the year, because they learn much more quickly. I think that is a big reason for the gap - students that just haven't been taught this.

My main issue with you is what they are being taught
                      Wouldn't it seem reasonable to sit down with me in a class before making this assessment?

Comment

• One Vietnamese girl said so, and you formed a stereotype based on this?
                        It's a common belief. She was just the first to come right out and say it.

Comment

• If it won't change their minds then you're a truly terrible teacher. It's a lesson a child could teach.
                          Society here teaches that race is very important. The curriculum (at least in the public schools today), reinforces this by covering black folks that are special because they are black. They've been seeing this go on their entire school career.

I can teach it, but again - they have to take a step back and ask themselves, "who is right here?"

The more we get race-based affirmative action and the more emphasis is put by the school curriculum on race the more likely students are going to see MLK as 'black people day', and not relevant to their interests.

Colorblindness, I repeat, is not being taught. One year with me isn't going to change what they see on the outside.

The problem is seemingly both you and your fellow idiot collegues.
                          The problem is not with us. We would get more people to sit up and notice stripping this stuff out altogether and teaching stuff because it's relevant to the plot. Students are already conditioned to their 'once a year', Dr. King speech.

I am going to be teaching more Texas specific stuff, like the veterans of the Alamo and some of the primary sources there for the folks, the antislavery bills in the English legislature, etc. Stuff that's actually relevant.

Comment

It's a common belief. She was just the first to come right out and say it.
                            Yeah, sure it is.

If only black people care about MLK Day... why is it a federal holiday?

Comment

• It would seem reasonable if I were in in your area, catholic and of school going age or considering sending my son to your school to consider sitting down in a class. As is, going by your statements. The history and social studies taught in your school is seriously flawed.
                              History and Social Studies are very important in educating people on things like racism, homophobia, why things are the way they are and how hey can be improved. Reading fiction... Reading History.. can really spark the imagination.

Comment

I can teach it, but again - they have to take a step back and ask themselves, "who is right here?"[/quo

The more we get race-based affirmative action and the more emphasis is put by the school curriculum on race the more likely students are going to see MLK as 'black people day', and not relevant to their interests.

Colorblindness, I repeat, is not being taught. One year with me isn't going to change what they see on the outside.

The problem is not with us. We would get more people to sit up and notice stripping this stuff out altogether and teaching stuff because it's relevant to the plot. Students are already conditioned to their 'once a year', Dr. King speech.

I am going to be teaching more Texas specific stuff, like the veterans of the Alamo and some of the primary sources there for the folks, the antislavery bills in the English legislature, etc. Stuff that's actually relevant.
                                Why do you keep pretending to care about MLK and his message, when you keep letting your mask slip with lines like 'Stuff that's actually relevant'? If you can't create a solid learning experience around the story of a man who was at the very forefront of a movement for freedom and who gave his own life in the process, then you should stop pretending to be an educator.

Oh waaaa waaaa ****ing waaaa, the kids think something different! Well do your ****ing job and teach them the real lesson you pathetic imbecile.

Comment

Working...
                                X