Oslo bombed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by flash9286 View Post
    So you can only use it when someones admits they are going to break the law again after they are released? That seems ineffective.
    No, you can use it if it's a serial criminal - despite the extreme of what has happened, there are currently no reason to belive that he would do it again.
    With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

• Here is a link to his whole 1500+ page manufesto: http://www.kevinislaughter.com/wp-co...dependence.pdf

He hates Muslims
      He hates multiculturalism
      He talks about the "elites" at lot and complains about the universities -- typical fear of education
      He talks about how those who oppose these things, like he does, are "patriots" -- how typical for the lunatics to endlessly tell everyone how they are the real patriots
      He complains a lot about political correctness
      He complains about sexual freedom -- he prefers a world in which the government monitors bedroom activities
      He complains about feminism
      He complains about secularism
      He wants the entire discipline of sociology removed from academia because "only a small minority of sociologists aren't traitors" -- again, more fear of education, combined with the idea that those who think differently than him, especially those in academia, are "traitors"
      He complains about the media
      He hates immigration
      He approvingly quotes conservative American writers Mark Steyn, Daniel Pipes and Ayn Rand
      He hates Al Gore and Barack Obama -- because they're "Eco-Marxists"...
      He thinks Global warming is a massive conspiracy...

This guy is sounding almost straight out of the American right wing play book. He's no doubt mentally ill but he'd fit in at Republican events based on his political positions.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Originally posted by gribbler View Post
        Awesome, he has 20 years to figure out how to beat his personal best. If this happened in Texas he would just get put to death.
        Surely, in this case Texan style judgement would be appropriate - unfortunatedly, that style has a tendency to murder innocents in large amounts. I think that I prefer the Norwegian way.
        With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

• That's my project for tomorrow to read his english translation of the whole thing. So far I haven't stopped him yet.

They must use words it forbids, and refuse to use the words it mandates; remember, sex is better than gender.

They must shout from the housetops the realities it seeks to suppress, such as our opposition to Sharia on a national and local level, the Islamisation of our countries, the
          facts that violent crime is disproportionately committed by Muslims and that most casesof AIDS are voluntary, i.e., acquired from immoral sexual acts.

They must refuse to turn their children over to public schools.
          14 pages in still waiting for something I find objectionable.

23 pages in, and he's writing about Cardinal John Henry Newman.

On the study of history:

Instead, they are offered a choice of courses under the heading of “American Cultures.” According to one recent graduate at Stanford, it is impossible to fulfill the “American Cultures” requirement by studying Protestantism, Irish Americans, or the American West, while courses that do fulfill the requirement include “Film and Literature: US-Mexico Border Representations” and “Contemporary Ethnic Drama.” Stanford students must also take courses in “World
          Cultures” and “Gender Studies” that include “Chicana Expressive Culture” and “Misogyny and Feminism in the Renaissance.”
          Page 28:

"And sadly, we see that several European countries allow and fund free distribution of contraceptive pills combined with liberal abortion policies"

Finally. Found one. I disagree with his historical assessment of feminism, but that's it.

Interesting. He has quite a few strong words for the Catholic Church, and uses her terminology, as he were a communicant. Objects to the post-Vatican 2 council issues.

And, then we see why. Ok. I think I know where he's coming from now. Took 58 pages.
          Last edited by Ben Kenobi; July 24, 2011, 00:28.
          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
          2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackCat View Post
            Surely, in this case Texan style judgement would be appropriate - unfortunatedly, that style has a tendency to murder innocents in large amounts. I think that I prefer the Norwegian way.
            At least when Ben Kenobi goes on a shooting rampage in San Antonio, he won't get another chance.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
              That's my project for tomorrow to read his english translation of the whole thing. So far I haven't stopped him yet.
              For what?

Ben will probably be nodding the whole time reading it.
              "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
              "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Originally posted by gribbler View Post
                At least when Ben Kenobi goes on a shooting rampage in San Antonio, he won't get another chance.
                Well, we reintroduced the death penalty for a couple of years after WWII to get rid of certain people, so maybe the Norwegians will do the same (actually, I think that they did the same).

Could we make a deal - all on death row are suspended indefinitly until Ben has been executed after wich their cases are reevaluated ?

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Yeah I did see the video posted. Other then the whole, you know, jump off the deep end and kill 90 people yeah, he's just like me.

The impression I get from the profile is that he's a liberal christian, not one of those wacko fundies like me.
                  You're a ****ing ******. He is, by his own admission, a Christian conservative. EVERYTHING indicates as such.

Further, he is ALARMINGLY like you in that he was not born into his faith. He came into it around the same time you did. He held extreme viewpoints that you also share.
                  "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                  Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• Originally posted by Oerdin View Post
                    He hates Muslims
                    He hates multiculturalism
                    He talks about the "elites" at lot and complains about the universities -- typical fear of education
                    He talks about how those who oppose these things, like he does, are "patriots" -- how typical for the lunatics to endlessly tell everyone how they are the real patriots
                    He complains a lot about political correctness
                    He complains about sexual freedom -- he prefers a world in which the government monitors bedroom activities
                    He complains about feminism
                    He complains about secularism
                    He wants the entire discipline of sociology removed from academia because "only a small minority of sociologists aren't traitors" -- again, more fear of education, combined with the idea that those who think differently than him, especially those in academia, are "traitors"
                    He complains about the media
                    He hates immigration
                    He approvingly quotes conservative American writers Mark Steyn, Daniel Pipes and Ayn Rand
                    He hates Al Gore and Barack Obama -- because they're "Eco-Marxists"...
                    He thinks Global warming is a massive conspiracy...

To be clear, you are talking about our very own Ben Kenobi, ya?
                    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• He complains a lot about political correctness.
                      He hates Al Gore and Barack Obama.

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• I would have thought he would have loved Obama for escalating the war in Afghanistan, ordering Bin Laden's death, and attacking Libya.

Comment

• Still, there are pockets of resistance. Professor Sigurd Skirbekk[26] at the University of
                          Oslo questions many of the assumptions underlying Western immigration policies. One of
                          them is the notion that rich countries have a duty to take in all people from other nations
                          that are suffering, either from natural disasters, political repression or overpopulation.
                          According to him, it cannot be considered moral of the cultural, political and religious
                          elites of these countries to allow their populations to grow unrestrained and then push
                          their excess population onto other countries.

"Skirbekk points out that European countries have earlier rejected the Germans when
                          they used the argument of lebensraum as a motivation for their foreign policy. We should
                          do the same thing now when other countries invoke the argument that they lack space
                          for their population. According to him, there is plenty of literature available about the
                          ecological challenges the world will be facing in this century. Running a too liberal
                          immigration policy while refusing to confront such unpleasant moral issues is not a
                          sustainable alternative in the long run. We will then only push difficult dilemmas onto
                          future generations."
                          He doesn't see people as having intrinsic worth and value. He sees them as being burdens on the planet. How that squares with contraception doesn't make much sense to me,
                          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

• Further, he is ALARMINGLY like you in that he was not born into his faith. He came into it around the same time you did. He held extreme viewpoints that you also share.
                            His faith is not the same as mine. I can tell you that. He has the same joy and the love for the Church that I can see in his writings a longing for the past when things were different. Our contact with the Church has been very different. Mine has been wholly positive. All the best things in my life have come from the church. He has not had that same contact.

In writing on the Crusades, he argues:

"But this must be understood in historical context."

This is a really crucial difference. He believes that history must be understood in context and that we cannot hold people accountable for doing things that we ourselves would see wrong. The problem with this view, is that it's not the one that the sources themselves wrote of at the time. They saw the Crusades as a defensive action in response to Islam.

And we see it later. He needs an editor.
                            Last edited by Ben Kenobi; July 24, 2011, 00:50.

Comment

He doesn't see people as having intrinsic worth and value. He sees them as being burdens on the planet. How that squares with contraception doesn't make much sense to me,
                              Nothing in that quote indicates he's concerned about 'burden on the planet'. He's only concerned about burdens to what he views as European culture. Any ecological impact to support his positions is just a bonus.
                              "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

They saw the Crusades as a defensive action in response to Islam.
                                As do you

Comment

Working...
                                X