Oslo bombed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Heraclitus View Post
    I used the cultural Marxist phrase when speculating about his state of mind because he employed it in his written material.

I don't think the cultural Marxist phrase is accurate or useful. But overall you can't deny that what its usually wrongly used to describe, is a real phenomena. Namely an anti-Western, anti-White bias in major media outlets, government institutions, the upper class and leftist parties.

Its observable even on the reporting on this incident, I've lost count of how many times I've heard the man refereed to as a blue eyed, blond haired far right activist. This either signals implicit racism (I mean of course its surprising that he's blue eyed and blond haired instead of brown eyed and kinky haired as we would expect!) or just bigoted (his appearance is relevant to his crime because he's stereotypical Nordic - yeah I mean what are the odds of a stereotypically Nordic guy going berserk in NORWAY, clearly his blondness caused him to be an evil Naziwhowantstokillsixmillionjews- even though he espoused a odd bigoted form of anti-racism and was pro-Israel).
    Or maybe it's just a brief description of his physical appearance. I guess the media should just refer to him as a person of unspecified gender (although I guess that would imply a speciesist bias against humans in your ****ed up mind).

Comment

• Originally posted by Nikolai View Post
      I find semantics little important and to a degree insulting in the current situation.
      Of all the stuff to get offended over about this evil vile act and how insensitive people are discussing it online and jumping to assumptions ... you find this?

Seriously?
      Last edited by Heraclitus; July 24, 2011, 11:19.
      Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
      The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
      The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

• Originally posted by gribbler View Post
        Or maybe it's just a brief description of his physical appearance. I guess the media should just refer to him as a person of unspecified gender (although I guess that would imply a speciesist bias against humans in your ****ed up mind).
        Exactly... in other news an organism assaulted several other organisms today. Unbiased news

Considering how rapes, murders, robberies and flash mobs are reported in the West this would be consistent. Race or general appearance are far more likley to be reported if the suspect is White.
        Last edited by Heraclitus; July 24, 2011, 11:23.
        Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
        The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
        The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

• When the "tall, blond, blue-eyed" reporting started that's all we knew about the perpetrator. From witnesses who had escaped, and from the guy that let him on the ferry.

Comment

I used the cultural Marxist phrase when speculating about his state of mind because he employed it in his written material.

I don't think the cultural Marxist phrase is accurate or useful. But overall you can't deny that what its usually wrongly used to describe, is a real phenomena. Namely an anti-Western, anti-White bias in major media outlets, government institutions, the upper class and leftist parties.

Its observable even on the reporting on this incident, I've lost count of how many times I've heard the man refereed to as a blue eyed, blond haired far right activist. This either signals implicit racism (I mean of course its surprising that he's blue eyed and blond haired instead of brown eyed and kinky haired as we would expect!) or just bigoted (his appearance is relevant to his crime because he's stereotypical Nordic - yeah I mean what are the odds of a stereotypically Nordic guy going berserk in NORWAY, clearly his blondness caused him to be an evil Naziwhowantstokillsixmillionjews- even though he espoused a odd bigoted form of anti-racism and was pro-Israel).
            I agree that he is trying to describe a cultural elite which is quite intolerant of opposing views and keen to shut down debate, although I don't agree with your description of that elite. It's good that you could admit that 'cultural marxism' is a nonsense phrase, but until you were called on it you were happy to use it in passing, which reinforces my point about it being a cheap easy shot that invokes the spectre of some kind of commie-conspiracy. The exact nature of that elite is worth discussing though.

I think the blond thing initially being mentioned over and over in the media was to jolt people out of the expectations of this being a 'conventional' islamic attack.

Comment

• Originally posted by OzzyKP View Post
              The point is accuracy. Calling them children isn't accurate, since they aren't.
              if your under 20? then your a child to me

Comment

Of all the stuff to get offended over about this evil vile act and how insensitive people are discussing it online and jumping to assumptions ... you find this?

Seriously?
                Yes. To belittle the dead kids like this offends me. It might not have been what was intended, but it is what it is.
                Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

The police got the news about the shooting 17:27, in the middle of the mess in Oslo. The elite task force placed in Oslo is sent out immidiately, and reached the island 17:52. There were no boats available, of all things, so they needed to wait until 18:09 before they got it. 18:25 they invaded the island, and two minutes later the shooter surrendered without shots.
                  This is pathetic.
                  12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                  Stadtluft Macht Frei
                  Killing it is the new killing it
                  Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

We had not a rise in leftist, anti-western, anti-christian or pro-islam parties throughout Europe in recent years, but rather the opposite, albeit in various derees. Complaining about the mainstream opressing stuff is mostly a sexy way to generate support. I remember how supporters claimed Sarrazin was not allowed to say his stuff/make his case/whatever while he had a bestseller running. Yes, I've also seen media treating him not very well. But I can see mainstream media treating Merkel's CDU, the Social Democrats, the Greens and especially the postcommie/but-in-parts-still-marxist leftists not very well all the time without there being a giant monolithic elite controlling everything.
                    Last edited by BeBMan; July 24, 2011, 12:38.
                    Blah

Comment

• Originally posted by KrazyHorse View Post
                      This is pathetic.
                      About the non use of helicopters: the police said half an hour ago that the helicopters they own can only be used for reconaissance and not for transport. They need help from the military for such transport. Nothing was said about why the military didn't help.
                      Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                      I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                      Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

• If this had been a NRA retreat I don't think the death toll would have been so high.

Comment

About the non use of helicopters: the police said half an hour ago that the helicopters they own can only be used for reconaissance and not for transport. They need help from the military for such transport. Nothing was said about why the military didn't help.
                          This is a stupid claim (on the cops' part; obviously you are just relaying the statement). The helicopters can carry at least two people (pilot and copilot). There are dozens of unarmed civilians being slaughtered by a man with a gun. The FIRST PRIORITY is to get SOME cops on scene ASAP. Waiting until you can stage a full-on landing is NOT ACCEPTABLE.

We've learned this lesson before: VT and Columbine are examples of what happens when the cops sit on their hands. When there is an active shooter, it is the job of the police to rush into danger in whatever force they can muster as quickly as possible. That's why they're around.
                          12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                          Stadtluft Macht Frei
                          Killing it is the new killing it
                          Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• Originally posted by KrazyHorse View Post
                            This is a stupid claim (on the cops' part; obviously you are just relaying the statement). The helicopters can carry at least two people (pilot and copilot). There are dozens of unarmed civilians being slaughtered by a man with a gun. The FIRST PRIORITY is to get SOME cops on scene ASAP. Waiting until you can stage a full-on landing is NOT ACCEPTABLE.

We've learned this lesson before: VT and Columbine are examples of what happens when he cops sit on their hands. When there is an active shooter, it is the job of the police to rush into danger in whatever force they can muster as quickly as possible. That's why they're around.
                            This is why civilians must arm themselves. The police cannot be everywhere at once.

Comment

• Originally posted by Docfeelgood View Post
                              This is why civilians must arm themselves.
                              Well, one guy at least took this seriously.
                              Blah

Comment

• Originally posted by BeBro View Post
                                Well, one guy at least took this seriously.
                                but not the victims

Comment

Working...
                                X