No announcement yet.

Oslo bombed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So the guy seems to have liked the Knights Templar: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knights_Templar

Onward Christian Soldiers...
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• Originally posted by Kitschum View Post
      You want me to psycho-analyze him? He makes more linguistic errors than that you know.
      If only that was where he erred
      "post reported"Winston, on the barricades for freedom of speech
      "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

• Originally posted by KrazyHorse View Post
        Dude, you're positing ridiculous scenarios that have far better worst cars than what actually happened.

Flying a helicopter is, according to everything I've read, extraordinarily difficult. And I think that two cops with rifles would have had an overwhelming probability of bringing him down or at least pinning him down long enough for reinforcements to arrive. Much, much better choice than allowing this ****face to continue his unopposed reign of terror.
        Flying a helicopter is not difficult. Hovering is the only thing that is difficult about flying helicopters, and you have to hover to land. But anyone can do it with enough training.

EDIT: Ah, I see it was gribbler's suggestion that the guy could steal the helicopter. Yes, that is implausible. You do need training to fly them, but anyone can learn how.
        If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
        ){ :|:& };:

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
          It's like reading where my head was at when I was 24, and I came to pretty much the same conclusion myself. Rather then wait for the Mennonites to come, I realized that it was up to the individual to make the decision for himself. So I left, became Catholic and never looked back.
          I guess the next logical step for you is to go postal and kill some Democrat kids or something. That's the really scary thing about you, Ben. I could totally imagine you doing something like this one day...
          Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

• Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
            Anyway so since the Oslo PD's helicopters can carry 6-7 passengers each, what's the deal? The pilots were on vacation?
            Perhaps they were up in the air circling the government center in Oslo where a bomb had just exploded?

Does sound familiar with regard to USA air-defense on 9-11 though. How many fighter jets responded that day and how quick were they?
            "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher View Post
              So the guy seems to have liked the Knights Templar: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knights_Templar

Onward Christian Soldiers...
              It's amusing to see Catholics defend the crusades as some kind of net positive for Christianity, while conveniently ignoring the damage crusaders wrought on the Byzantine Empire and Arab Christians. The Fourth Crusade coupled with the crippling effects of Venetian/Genoese trade domination practically paved the way for Ottoman domination of Anatolia and the Balkans.

Comment

• Ben will probably go to an abortion clinic and shoot the doctors after writing 2000 pages of Catholic rambling.

Comment

• Fighter jets were scrambled immediately after the attacks, if I recall correctly.

xpost

Comment

• Even more damning for the Olso PD: You don't even need a police helicopter. Medevac helicopter pilots are often more highly trained in difficult landings than police pilots, they have to be able to fly in all conditions and situations. They could have used a hospital helicopter and loaded it with cops. Those things definitely carry passengers.

Comment

• Flying a heli is a lot more difficult than flying a plane. My expertise is from playing Gunship 2000 Nah, but seriously.
                      Blah

Comment

• Originally posted by BeBro View Post
                        Flying a heli is a lot more difficult than flying a plane. My expertise is from playing Gunship 2000 Nah, but seriously.
                        This is true, but in forward flight helicopters operate somewhat similarly to fixed wing, until you start going really fast and you get retreating blade stall.

My expertise is from playing absolutely ridiculous amounts of Flight Simulator 2004 when I was in middle school. Kuci can attest to this. I used to actually want to be a pilot...

Comment

• Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
                          Fighter jets were scrambled immediately after the attacks, if I recall correctly.

xpost
                          Yeah, both of them IIRC.

But I already regret I brought it up.

Nothing to see here, move on please .

Comment

• Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
                            Even more damning for the Olso PD: You don't even need a police helicopter. Medevac helicopter pilots are often more highly trained in difficult landings than police pilots, they have to be able to fly in all conditions and situations. They could have used a hospital helicopter and loaded it with cops. Those things definitely carry passengers.
                            Yeah, The Red Cross would really like their neutrality compromised by an action like that.
                            That really is an insane plan, HC.

Comment

• Wait, what? Red cross neutrality towards mass murderers?

I see nothing ridiculous about emergency services cooperating and combining resources. Look, they would need doctors there too. It's not unreasonable to suggest that they use hospital helicopters to move both cops AND doctors.

I'm saying the resources were there for them to have stopped the rampage, but they went with BOATS.

Comment

• Originally posted by germanos View Post
                                Yeah, The Red Cross would really like their neutrality compromised by an action like that.
                                That really is an insane plan, HC.
                                You are an idiot on at least 3 counts.
                                12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                                Stadtluft Macht Frei
                                Killing it is the new killing it
                                Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Working...
                                X