No announcement yet.

Are you fat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't ever use the BMI, it's just ****ing stupid. You can have 3% body fat but you'll be considered morbidly obese if you have alot of muscle.

Me, I've done alot over the years. When I was still in the juniors in tennis I was 5'10" 128 LBS at probably 5% body fat. I hate eating, it's such a waste of time I wish i could just take a pill with the exact amounts of calories and nutrients needed. I started weight lifting a few years ago and got serious about it about 2 years ago. Done lots of different programs. Recently I decided to experiment because I really wanted to gain mass. Started taking in 3500 calories a day and I gained 10LBS in 2 weeks which was amazing for me. It was also really ****ing hard because I only eat plain oatmeal and brown rice along with multiple types of proteins and vegetables. At the end I was about 173 pounds and I felt like I was on steroids. My muscles were so bloated I couldn't scratch my back which kind of gave me a good preview of what would happen if I hit my goal of 190lbs 6% body fat. Now I'm taking a different approach because I don't want to be a muscle bound freak.

My current caloric intake is 2500 calories (55/30/15) a day and I work out 6 days a week. I still do insulin spiking but not to the extent I was. My current program is Mon/Wed/Fri 2 mile run on an empty stomach followed by pushups, situps, dips, pullups. My current goal is to do 500 pushups 3 times a week or more and right now I'm at about 200 pushups 3 times a week. On Sun/Tues/Thurs I do lower body 1 body part per day weight lifting (quads/hams/calves) followed every time by sprints and plyometric exercies. After each workout I do an insulin spike composed of 3 TBS dextrose, 1 tsp creatine, 1tsp glutamine, and 1.5 scoops of whey protein followed 1 hour after by a full meal. I'm not really interested so much in mass anymore as I am in overall strength and performance. Weightlifting is good, but at the moment I'm really liking just lifting my own body weight.

Comment

you have issues
      Monkey!!!

Comment

If anyone wants a slightly more scientific measure of how fat they are, try the US Navy Circumference Method.

It says I've got 13% body fat, which is pretty close to the recommended 15% (for males; for females, it's 22%).
        Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
        The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Originally posted by Japher
          you have issues
          Yup
          12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
          Stadtluft Macht Frei
          Killing it is the new killing it
          Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by Last Conformist
            If anyone wants a slightly more scientific measure of how fat they are, try the US Navy Circumference Method.

It says I've got 13% body fat, which is pretty close to the recommended 15% (for males; for females, it's 22%).
            Gives me 9%
            12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
            Stadtluft Macht Frei
            Killing it is the new killing it
            Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Don't ever use the BMI, it's just ****ing stupid. You can have 3% body fat but you'll be considered morbidly obese if you have alot of muscle.
              Which is why BMI says its results can be altered for those who do heavy workouts and is only considered a rough guide for the average person.

You're about the size of my dimunitive brother.
              point being ?
              Last edited by Lazerus; February 3, 2006, 11:28.
              Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outward, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendant, and to embrace them is to acheive enlightenment.

Comment

Why do I have issues? Those who don't workout are the ones with issues.

Comment

Originally posted by Japher
                  you have issues
                  Ya think?
                  “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                  - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Lazerus

point being ?
                    Who said there was going to be a point?
                    Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                    The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

167 cm and about 63 kilos. Think I'm the smallest so far.

5'6'' and about 140 for you Yanks.
                      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

10lbs in 2 weeks by eating 3500cals isn't healthy. Bodybuilders who undergo the cutting cycle regime are really smashing their internal organs.

Whilst your latter regime is calmed down and i admire your focus to stick to such a monotonous plan, taking all those supplements and exercising 6 times a week makes me wonder if you have a job / social life or if you're just making the best use of too much spare time.
                        Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outward, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendant, and to embrace them is to acheive enlightenment.

Comment

Who said there was going to be a point?
                          misunderstood then

Comment

For me this is actually easier than what I used to do. I spend about 1 hour a day on working out. My meals are pretty much the same thing over and over again. Oatmeal with berries, brown rice and chicken, tuna with salad dressing, 5 grain bread, etc. Simple and fast and very easy to measure out exact nutrient amounts. When I was in tennis I would play for 2-3 hours then go do an hour of conditioning 5 times a week plus tournaments on weekends. During the summer I would play for 5 hours and do 2-3 hours of conditioning. So this is like a walk in the park compared to what I was doing back in the day.

Comment

Gives me 9%
                              I got 5%, no wonder i hate cold weather

Comment

5' 9" - 165 lbs.

Gained an extra 25lbs in the last 6 years: stopped smoking and playing hockey. I miss hockey.
                                What?

Comment

Working...
                                X