No announcement yet.

Shakira and her shaking...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who cares if they dress slutty? I loved high school because of the way the girls' dressed. I definitely would have ditched more if I didn't have that to look forward to.

Anyways, you aren't their parents. It's okay to have opinions on their dress and to call the slutty (because they are), but don't (and I'm not saying anyone did) suggest they need to dress how you think they should. That's wrong.
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

"Shakira isn't too bad but Christina Aguilara has turned into a complete whore."
      Originally posted by jimmytrick
      Yeah, I wonder how Mickey feels about that.
      Erect.
      Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
      Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
      "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
      From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

Wow, after reading page 2, it sounds like Speer wants to create a mandatory national uniform program... thank goodness he is insignificant and will never enact his fascist dreams
        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by SpencerH
          BTW Avril Lavigne doesnt fit into the same category as the others. Yes shes young (and female) but thats as far as any comparisons between her and the pop stars goes.
          Not really. Her producers wanted her to be a Brittany-clone, but she said forget it. The point is that in most cases, these girls are not exploring their own sexuality, but are having their sexuality exploited by their managers. I don't have a problem with Brittany and her clones (aside from the fact that their music is insipid) but its their controlers that are a problem. Avril's apparently mature enough to walk away if she doesn't want to be barely-legal soft-core. (Apparenly she wants her next album to be more Nirvana-like.)

Speer, you have no clue what the suburbs are like. Sexuality is just as out of control in the suburbs as in the cities. The diffierence is suburban kids are more likely to use birth control or get abortions than drop out of school to raise their babies. Probably has something to do with the fact that one group thinks it has a future and the other doesn't.
          Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

The sad part about Christina Augiliera is, that she's got an amazing singing voice, and she's blowing it on shallow, putrid pop-tunes that have a shelf life of about 12 minutes, and has seemingly made the conscious decision to focus attention more on her body than on her talent. I think she'll end up on one of those "Where-are-they-now?" shows in about ten years, after a trip or two through various substance-abuse programs.

She'll make a terrific jazz/blues singer in another twenty years, though, after getting through this part of her life and mellowing out
            "If you doubt that an infinite number of monkeys at an infinite number of typewriters would eventually produce the combined works of Shakespeare, consider: it only took 30 billion monkeys and no typewriters." - Unknown

Comment

Chegitz... as growing up in a suburban environment, I can attest to this. I think that education is the difference between urban and suburban birth rates, use of birth control, and abortion. Suburbs = rich schools = good sex ed... cities = poor schools = bad sex ed = people f*cking like rabbits with no contraception

But I'm not surprised Speer doesn't know this I don't expect much from him.
              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara

Not really. Her producers wanted her to be a Brittany-clone, but she said forget it. The point is that in most cases, these girls are not exploring their own sexuality, but are having their sexuality exploited by their managers. I don't have a problem with Brittany and her clones (aside from the fact that their music is insipid) but its their controlers that are a problem. Avril's apparently mature enough to walk away if she doesn't want to be barely-legal soft-core. (Apparenly she wants her next album to be more Nirvana-like.)
                You're arguing my point for me. The record producer types (i.e. mindless scum) may have wanted another flash-in -the-pan pop-star but her lyrics show promise of more than that. Yes, others are also given credit on the songs, and yes the lyrics are jejune, but what do you expect from a 17 yr old.
                We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
                If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
                Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

optimus....genie in a bottle has survived throgh the years...12 minute shelf life isnt what christina aguilera's about.

I dont know if youve heard anythiung off of her new album..but most of the songs are awesome...

she does have a BEAUTIFUL voice and uses it well throughout the majority of the album...

shes a diva....a hoochie diva, but a diva.

Shes like madonna...causing controversy, making parents gasp...making feminists angry with their UNladylike style

Where is madonna now? same place christina is gonna be in 10 years.

*bows to madona and christina*

Comment

ya know...christinas producers wanted to keep her with the "pretty girl" look...and she told them "f8%$ pretty" and has chosen her own style

^5 xtina

Comment

• SpencerH, oh sorry. My point is tangential, rather then opposed to yours. What I'm trying to say is that if she lacked the will to stand up to her record company, she'd be another Brittany clone. She could be one of them or they could be like her, which is why I think they share the same company, even if they are polar opposites.
                      Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

• Originally posted by MichaeltheGreat

Nice troll, Dookie. Once male actions get involved, then it's male "fault." Or responsibility, if you prefer that term.
                        What male actions are involved in "Shakira and her shaking"?

I'm not sure which is worse. Women mitakenly standing up for women is one thing, but sucky, gullible men doing the same is just ridiculous.
                        www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

• *barf and britney and her no talent a#@*

Comment

• Originally posted by FemmeAdonis
                            Where is madonna now? same place christina is gonna be in 10 years.

*bows to madona and christina*
                            Very few made-to-order pop stars make it more than a few years. I highly doubt Christina will even be in the same league as Madaona, let alone the same place.

Comment

• Another reason to despise that pop culture - the short lasting of stars. If 2 years ago everyone would be going crazy on that Britney, now she's somewhere in the second rank of stars.

If Eminem is so damn popular now, I expect him to get less so again in a year or two.
                              Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                              I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

• Eminem, however, actually has some talent. He may be a heterosexist, but he's actually artisitic. He's kinda like Wagner in that way, repulsive politics but great music.

Comment

Working...
                                X