Shakira and her shaking...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Solver
    BTW Avril Lavigne doesnt fit into the same category as the others. Yes shes young (and female) but thats as far as any comparisons between her and the pop stars goes.

They all can't sing.
    Au contraire, I think shes quite talented and I hope she continues to improve as a musician.
    We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
    If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
    Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

avril blah blah is that one that sings that "skater boy" song?

*falls asleep*

Comment

I don't know of any specific songs except for 2 or 3 by Shakira, however, rule of the thumb is, pop-stars are famous for that butt-shaking, and are pretty bad singers. Usually. And they don't sing anyway, it all streams from behind the scenes .
        Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
        I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Originally posted by SpencerH
          Au contraire, I think shes quite talented and I hope she continues to improve as a musician.
          Except she can't play an instrument, can't write her own music, and has to wear brand name clothes.
          "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
          "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
          "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
          "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Yeah Avril Lavigne is pretty good, but unless you've heard more than Sk8r Boi, Femme, I don't see how you can criticise. That is a cool tune directed at the sorts we are talking about in this thread.

What makes me laugh on this thread is the number of people who are somehow trying to make this male's fault. Bloody hell, can women do no wrong in your eyes?!
            www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Another music afficianado.
              We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI

Comment

Originally posted by Apocalypse

Except she can't play an instrument, can't write her own music, and has to wear brand name clothes.
                She writes the lyrics and music.

Comment

Ive heard one other song by her..cant think of what it is...its not really my style of music...sounds very commercial.

*shrugs*

Shakira's english music is quite crappy to me..she has a good voice..but the songs are just....ugh...like "underneath your clothes"...crap sounds like country music.

her spanish music on the other hand.

Comment

Originally posted by SpencerH
                    She has professionals writing it with her though.

She has guitar credits for something like two songs in the entire CD too.
                    "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
                    "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
                    "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
                    "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

So you explain why it's crap .
                      Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                      I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Why would I explain why its crap? I think she has a lot of talent that sets her aside from the 'pop stars'. Whether she survives as an artist rather than as a pop-star is another matter.

Comment

Originally posted by Albert Speer
                          All you crackers live in affluent suburbs

try that here, mother****er... you think parents give a damn about their kids? Yall live in a fantasy world...
                          Speer, I'm going to tell you once and once only, so get this loud and clear.

Check your attitude NOW, or I'll check it for you.
                          When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Originally posted by Boddington's
                            What makes me laugh on this thread is the number of people who are somehow trying to make this male's fault.
                            Nice troll, Dookie. Once male actions get involved, then it's male "fault." Or responsibility, if you prefer that term.
                            When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

freaking MEN

j/k

Comment

Originally posted by Apocalypse

She has professionals writing it with her though.

She has guitar credits for something like two songs in the entire CD too.
                                She only started learning English two years before working on Laundry Service, and she's already done albums in Portuguese as well as Spanish, so English is her third/fourth language. I think that rates a little slack.

Her lack of musical contribution on Laundry Service is primarily the result of her producers. She plays several different instruments at various levels (around a dozen, IIRC) and she has been much more active in both playing and writing the music on her Spanish language albums, especially Pies Descalzos and the two previous CD's which are in limited distribution (both made in Columbia - PD was her first internationally distributed CD) Her musical contributions on Donde Estan Los Ladrones were still pretty substantial, but she had help with orchestration and arrangement, due to the size and complexity of the ensemble used in most of the songs.

Comment

Working...
                                X