Shakira and her shaking...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SpencerH
    and yes the lyrics are jejune, but what do you expect from a 17 yr old.
    She has professional writers to help her. They aren't her own lyrics.
    "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
    "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
    "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
    "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

• Eminem, however, actually has some talent. He may be a heterosexist, but he's actually artisitic. He's kinda like Wagner in that way, repulsive politics but great music.

He takes number one position in my most despised stars list. Not only this is because I hate rap, it's also because Eminem's lyrics are worse, I find them insulting, the music terrible, and the video clips disgusting to say the least.
      Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
      I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

• Originally posted by Apocalypse

She has professional writers to help her. They aren't her own lyrics.
        Whether she writes them alone is meaningless. She has writing credit on every song. How many artists can you name who write every lyric of every song?
        We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
        If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
        Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

• How many artists can you name who write every lyric of every song?

Most of the good old Russian bands that were damn popular in 80's, and still actually are. Like Aquarium with Boris Grebenschikov - and it's GREAT lyrics.

Comment

• Originally posted by Solver
            How many artists can you name who write every lyric of every song?

Most of the good old Russian bands that were damn popular in 80's, and still actually are. Like Aquarium with Boris Grebenschikov - and it's GREAT lyrics.
            Keyword there being 'band'. So I wonder if you looked at the song sheets would there be a single name.
            We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI

Comment

• Solver, just because your artisitic tastes don't cotton to rap doesn't mean rap isn't an art form. It's poetry over a music collage, and some of it is pretty friggan amazing stuff. Just cuz you don't like it doesn't mean it won't be strong years from now. Rap's been around 30 years, it's not going away anytime soon.
              Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

• 30 years ?

Comment

• I agree with Boddington's. Oh I got in trouble the last time I did that.

Stop blaming this on guys!! No one forces these girls to dress like this. We can't help it if we are turned on by women in skimpy clothes. No seriously we can't. Women think we have control over our hormones. I wish I did. I hate not having control. Why do 2 globs of fat and silcone excite me? The other day I was at a bar, and some older chick in her 40's was turning me on because she was showing cleavage. My mind didn't want to **** her, but my body did. I hate not having control over my body. This just proves that women have the power, not men. Why can no one see this?

Comment

• It's only been in popular culture since Sugar Hill's Rapper's Delight, but the Blondie tune, Rapture was already borrowing from this genre a few years earlier. Rap originated in the early 70s, but didn't start getting recorded until the end of the decade.
                    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

• Originally posted by SpencerH
                      Whether she writes them alone is meaningless. She has writing credit on every song. How many artists can you name who write every lyric of every song?
                      If they have help, then many times it's from members of their band.
                      "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
                      "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
                      "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
                      "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

• Chegitz, where did I say rap will go? I said Eminem will.

Comment

• I'm really upset at things said in this thread. You have people blaming me because I'm a male.

Nope, this is unacceptable. I draw the line. I don't even listen to that kind of music. I don't support Shakira in any way. I am not responsible for what she does.

In fact, I'm going to make a thread on it. Why is it that we don't expect women to take responsibility for their actions, but the same is expected of men?

Sure it sells more records and her producers/managers probably want her to dress sexy. But they aren't holding a freakin' gun ther her head!!!!!!!!!!!!! She made the concious choice to act like this. You guys act like men don't have to sell out to sell albums. They do it all the time. But someone will say- well they don't have to dress like a slut. Well if girls wanted us to dress in thongs and such. We would. We don't control what girls want. If women wanted to see men in thongs- you can bet that n' sync would be up there singing in thongs. Again, this is a choice they would make. No one would be forcing them to dress that way.
                          Last edited by Dis; January 2, 2003, 15:35.

Comment

• Che,

you're right about Rapture. That was still very late 70's though.

Apocalypse,

True, but even bands with strong song-writers such as Aerosmith have studio help from non-bandmembers. If she had no real input her stuff would be the same schlock that the others make. IMO its not. Therefore, her input is the critical difference.

Comment

• "The Christina Aug... whatever video involves her leaping on a guy, straddling him, and humping him... that is NOT grinding, contrary to what Black Dragon said... I have yet to see a girl leap on a guy while dancing..."

No I haven't seen that yet eihter. But I didn't know that was what had occured in the movie, all I heard is it looked like they were having sex with clothes on, which you will see at a party.
                              "I'm moving to the Left" - Lancer

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand

Comment

• Whether she writes them alone is meaningless. She has writing credit on every song. How many artists can you name who write every lyric of every song?
                                Sure, Bono from U2. Still going strong after 20 years
                                "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

Working...
                                X