Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shakira and her shaking...

you know...

Something has always bothered me with these pop stars that I don't understand... why do they dress slutty? Their dress (or lack of it) seems to be in order to appeal to males but males will never buy their records... their sales are entirely from pre-teenage girls who (though I don't know too much about pre-teenage girls), are not attracted to listening to Britney Spears because of her...

So somebody please explain to me why these girls dress slutty

thanks
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Shakira isn't too bad but Christina Aguilara has turned into a complete whore.
    We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Yeah, I wonder how Mickey feels about that.

Comment

"why do they dress slutty?"

Why wouldn't they? Look around your high school during one of the warmer times and you'll find many of the students are dressed slutty. Dressing that way is part of our culture for many girls, so it'd make sense they would conform to it.
        "I'm moving to the Left" - Lancer

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand

Comment

Never mind warmer times - it was close to freezing tonight, but still a good dose of in this city...
          yada

Comment

Electrocution?
            No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

The thing I find tragic about all this is that alot of really pretty girls in high school end up being angry and mistrustful 10 years down the road because a bunch of guys mistreated them because they just wanted a piece of action.

Thanks Christina for help riling up a bunch of horny guys into thinking every chick they see showing some skin is a hump object. Her video is outright obscene and should not have been aired.

The culture in this place has really gone downhill over the last 20 years, no wonder family fabric has degenerated.
              We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Black Dragon:

yes I know... all the coochie cutters and ****... but why do these women (or in some cases, girls) who are out in the media all the time and in videos and being idolized by young girls... why do they see the need to dress slutty? Why don't they be a role-model for not being a whore?
                "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Dressing slutty sells. Shakira's just following the trend set by Christina et al.
                  DULCE BELLUM INEXPERTIS

Comment

It's been going on since before you were born.

Consider Madonna.

She wasn't the first.
                    No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

JCG:

HOW THE HELL DOES IT SELL?!

Teenie boppers dont buy her cd because of the sluttiness... only males are attracted to the sluttiness and they won't buy her cds!

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Monk
                        It's been going on since before you were born.

Consider Madonna.

She wasn't the first.
                        I think Elvis was the first one to do it on a large scale by shaking his hips. He was banned in many places. Even Eminem pays homage to Elvis.

Comment

"Teenie boppers dont buy her cd because of the sluttiness... "

The sluttiness is part of image that sells. Now as to why teenie boppers like that is beyond me.

"Why don't they be a role-model for not being a whore?"

so they can make $
                          "I'm moving to the Left" - Lancer

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand

Comment

Well BD,

In a related topic, I just saw the dolls my little niece got for Christmas and they also look like total whores, so I would say you are on to something there

Comment

Shakira =
                              KH FOR OWNER!
                              ASHER FOR CEO!!
                              GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X