No announcement yet.

Shakira and her shaking...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

but why would sluttiness EVER sell to pre-teenage girls?! It sells to men...
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Alb - Girls think its cool!
      I know, it's crazy. But my 6 year old niece is wearing "skimpy" outfits and so forth to try to imitate her idols. It's rather disturbing actually.
      http://monkspider.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Albert Speer
        And who are girls trying to impress?
        He's got the Midas touch.
        But he touched it too much!
        Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

Speaking of which...has anyone else seen reports of teenage girls who are acting like lesbians to try and attract guys?

I mean if you're going to be a lesbian, be a lesbian, but doing it to attract guys is pathetic! I'm sure you're going to get some great guys from acting like that and I'm sure their intentions for you aren't going to be one-dimensional.
          We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

We had a discussion along these very lines not too long ago Ted. In short, I agree with you.
            http://monkspider.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Albert Speer
              Why do any kind of high-heeled shoes sell?
              Why does make-up sell?

Women are taught to dress to appeal to men. No woman I know actually likes being in high-heeled shoes, but they wear them because they "look good" -- meaning they look good to men. Most women I know hate the regime of make-up, but very few reject it because the're taught they just don't "look good" -- to men -- without it.

Teeny-boppers are entering puberty and sexual awareness. They fantasize about being desireable and wanted. Brittany is a role model for precisely that reason. She's not appealing to boys; she's appealing to girls who want to be appealing to boys. Get it?
              "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

Originally posted by Rufus T. Firefly
                Why do any kind of high-heeled shoes sell?
                Why does make-up sell?

Women are taught to dress to appeal to men. No woman I know actually likes being in high-heeled shoes, but they wear them because they "look good" -- meaning they look good to men. Most women I know hate the regime of make-up, but very few reject it because the're taught they just don't "look good" -- to men -- without it.

Teeny-boppers are entering puberty and sexual awareness. They fantasize about being desireable and wanted. Brittany is a role model for precisely that reason. She's not appealing to boys; she's appealing to girls who want to be appealing to boys. Get it?
                Actually, not all men like slutty morons. Well, this just shows IMO, that those
                girls who buy Christina etc. and dress like sluts are morons.

The thing I find tragic about all this is that alot of really pretty girls in high school end up being angry and mistrustful 10 years down the road because a bunch of guys mistreated them because they just wanted a piece of action.

Thanks Christina for help riling up a bunch of horny guys into thinking every chick they see showing some skin is a hump object. Her video is outright obscene and should not have been aired.

The culture in this place has really gone downhill over the last 20 years, no wonder family fabric has degenerated.

Comment

I think society should just stop reading so much into what fabric someone uses to cover up their body (or not). I'd be far more worried if these pop-stars were encouraging underage sex, drugs, etc.

Comment

I want my popstars dressed as middle age christian mothers
                    Periodista : A proposito del escudo de la fe, Elisa, a mí me sorprendía Reutemann diciendo que estaba dispuesto a enfrentarse con el mismísimo demonio (Menem) y después terminó bajándose de la candidatura. Ahí parece que fuera ganando el demonio.

Elisa Carrio: No, porque si usted lee bien el Génesis dice que la mujer pisará la serpiente.

Comment

Originally posted by Ted Striker
                      Speaking of which...has anyone else seen reports of teenage girls who are acting like lesbians to try and attract guys?
                      Where? Where?!

Comment

I detest the modern pop culture.

and I really detest the notion that it´s ok for a girl to be a whore (which it is nowadays). It´s that way in movies, tv shows (sex and the city, for one), and music. For a long time it´s been ok for a guy to be an absolute slut (just look at james bond), and that´s sad enough as it is. Sadly, it´s spreading to women too. Young ones at that. Girls are losing their virginities at ever younger ages. Just sad.
                        Quod Me Nutrit Me Destruit

Comment

Why should it not be okay? Why should we not let people take whatever roles they feel like? Certainly, I detest the preassure present in today's patriarchal culture that makes women want to be commodities, to try to sell themselves and their bodies, but just as awful is the traditional division of women into saints and whores. Let women be who they like and don't judge them by their sexual lives.
                          Världsstad - Dom lokala genrenas vän
                          Mick102, 102,3 Umeå, Måndagar 20-21

Comment

makes women want to be commodities, to try to sell themselves and their bodies

It makes women want to earn money, and they realize selling sex is the best way.
                            Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                            I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Why should it not be okay? Why should we not let people take whatever roles they feel like? Certainly, I detest the preassure present in today's patriarchal culture that makes women want to be commodities, to try to sell themselves and their bodies, but just as awful is the traditional division of women into saints and whores. Let women be who they like and don't judge them by their sexual lives.
                              urgh.NSFW

Comment

Buck said some wise words there, people should dress as they please, yes even rolemodels and public people. Horrible how some of you here let words like whore fly out of your mouths, would you call a man a whore because of how he dressed?
                                It's candy. Surely there are more important things the NAACP could be boycotting. If the candy were shaped like a burning cross or a black man made of regular chocolate being dragged behind a truck made of white chocolate I could understand the outrage and would share it. - Drosedars

Comment

Working...
                                X