Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So how does a Canadian from BC become a Chargers fan, let alone a fan of the NFL?
    “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

• Did I call the Pittsburgh game or what? Man, you could put together a NFC all-star team and they wouldn't stand a chance the way the Steelers are playing at the moment.

Originally posted by Tuberski
      TAMPA BAY winning a shootout?!?!?!
      AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

CGN | a bunch of incoherent nonsense
      Chris Jericho: First-Ever Undisputed Champion of Professional Wrestling & God Incarnate
      Mystique & Aura: Appearing Nightly @ Yankee Stadium! | Red & Pewter Pride
      Head Coach/General Manager, Kyrandia Dragonhawks (2004 Apolyton Fantasy Football League Champions)

Comment

• Pittsburgh has seemed to go back to its roots, defense and running. My God, they ran right over Philly and stuffed anything they tried to do on offense. Very reminiscent of the Mean Joe Green era.

Did anyone pick Pittsburgh for the Superbowl in the Lombardi League?
        http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

• You have to remember that Philly's D was weak against the run (I think it was 31) even before the Pittsburgh game. Considering Pittsburgh is the #1 running team, it was a recipe for disaster. Teams with powerful run defenses could give Pittsburgh trouble. Baltimore and Washington come to mind, but while they have good run defenses, their own offenses are so pitiful that Pittsburgh would still probably win.
          “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

Comment

• Actually, I think Chicago has the best defense now. They might be able to beat Pittsburgh if their offense gets a little more on track.
            http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

• The 2004 NFL Postseason Player stat leaders on ESPN. Includes stat leaders in every category from passing and rushing to tackles and interceptions.

I believe those stats include Sunday's games. If you look at that it would appear San Diego would be Pittsburgh's greatest challenge (good run defense and a decent offense).

Comment

• San Diego

Betcha Junior's kicking himself
                Monkey!!!

Comment

• pchang, Chicago started this season with a number of players out due to injuries. Then they had more injuries, including to two all pro defensive players. Those two guys are back, plus they are getting some of the players who started the season injured back. If you look at the way Chicago played against the Giants, the Chicago defense dominated the game against a team, at that teams' home stadium, that many had ranked among the best in football.

Comment

• So how does a Canadian from BC become a Chargers fan, let alone a fan of the NFL?
                    Because of this man.

Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Flutie needs to retire
                      Monkey!!!

Comment

• He was a CFL MVP with B.C. Lions (1991),

which is my Home team. Just about the best CFL player ever. Never won a Grey Cup with the Lions, but left the Lions only to win with Calgary.
                        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

• If you look at that it would appear San Diego would be Pittsburgh's greatest challenge (good run defense and a decent offense).

Let's hope they can beat Oakland and KC in the upcoming weeks. Then they have a rematch against Denver to decide the AFC West.

Comment

• Ned, I'm a huge Chicago fan, but... get serious.

The Bears defense is playing really well, but they are NOT yet world-class. Pittsburgh would beat them just by eliminating the turnovers and cutting down the sacks. And Krenzel would crumble long before Big Ben.

However -- If The Beloved are healthy next year, this defense will be A Force.
                            Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• The Bears the best D? HAHAHAHAH!

That's silly! They couldn't even hold the Ravens' jockstraps!
                              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• The Bears defense looks promising... but the best...
                                NAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

We do look forward to them getting better, and most like the attacking style... but, if we can't score points...
                                Keep on Civin'
                                RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                                X