Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interestingly, Reeves announced last week that he's loving retirement and is never coming back. He did use the " 'never' is a bad word" line, but sounded serious and sincere.

The hot rumor out of Florida is that Spurrier wants the team next year, and that's why he turned down the Gators. And Huizenga might be goofy enough to do it.
    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Not like Miami can get much worse, so why not give Spurrier a go. He'll put buts in the seats at least.
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Originally posted by bfg9000

..and win first round playoff game at home vs. wild card, but the following week get destroyed by Eagles in Philly...

After the Steeler game, even TO is being quiet.
        “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

• Originally posted by pchang

After the Steeler game, even TO is being quiet.
          It was only ONE game.

The rest of the year we go 7-1.

GB, Rams, Bengals, DAL twice, WAS twice, NYG.

Only loss will be last game of regular season vs Bengals because we will have NFC first seed wrapped up going into that game and will be playing our scrubs.

Comment

• Eagles vs. Dallas

Monday Night

I hope the Eagles choke
            Monkey!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Japher
              Eagles vs. Dallas

Monday Night

I hope the Eagles choke
              TO will dance on the star at midfield again Monday night.

Comment

• Great headline from the Miami Herald on Wanny's retirement...

The End of an Error

I think Spurrier would be a big mistake. Lou Saban of LSU and Charlie Weis of NE are being mentioned.
                Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• It was only ONE game.

No, it was ONE destruction! The dismantling of the Eagles was incredible and the BIG weakness of stopping the run was exposed... look for Green Bay to use that when they face off with Philly.
                  “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Ming
                    The Bears defense looks promising... but the best...
                    NAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

We do look forward to them getting better, and most like the attacking style... but, if we can't score points...
                    We shall see. I think the defense with everyone healthy is excellent. They can dominate games. The Bears have been in virtually every game due to its defense even when its injuries were at the greatest.

The D-Line looks great. The linebackers look great. The secondary is looking up with Azumah back. This is the very same formula that produced the great Bears defenses of the mid 80s.

The only defense right now that may be better is Pittsburgh's. But I think the Bears could give Pittsburgh a run for its money.

Now, if the Bear offense improves, this will be formidable team. It has Superbowl quality reaking from every pore. I am impressed with this team now just as much as I was depressed with it off the opening loss to the Lions.
                    http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

• If you rank defense by points allowed then you have
                      Baltimore
                      Philadelphia
                      Washington
                      Tie Denver, Buffalo, Pittsburgh

If you rank defense by yards allowed then you have
                      Washington
                      Pittsburgh
                      Buffalo
                      Denver
                      Baltimore

ranked by run defense you have
                      Pittsburgh
                      San Diego
                      Washington
                      Buffalo
                      Seattle
                      “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Ned

We shall see. I think the defense with everyone healthy is excellent. They can dominate games. The Bears have been in virtually every game due to its defense even when its injuries were at the greatest.

The D-Line looks great. The linebackers look great. The secondary is looking up with Azumah back. This is the very same formula that produced the great Bears defenses of the mid 80s.

The only defense right now that may be better is Pittsburgh's. But I think the Bears could give Pittsburgh a run for its money.

Now, if the Bear offense improves, this will be formidable team. It has Superbowl quality reaking from every pore. I am impressed with this team now just as much as I was depressed with it off the opening loss to the Lions.

If their defense improves, their offense improves, and everyone is healthy. You could say that about almost any team.

Comment

• If you rank defense by points allowed then you have
                          Baltimore
                          Philadelphia
                          Washington
                          Tie Denver, Buffalo, Pittsburgh

If you rank defense by yards allowed then you have
                          Washington
                          Pittsburgh
                          Buffalo
                          Denver
                          Baltimore

ranked by run defense you have
                          Pittsburgh
                          San Diego
                          Washington
                          Buffalo
                          Seattle
                          Yards mean sweet stuff all. All they mean is:

Passing Yards Allowed: You're winning early, so the opposition gives up the run
                          Rushing Yards Allowed: You won't give up many rushing yards if you're winning, or you have a good offense

Points allowed is the only important stat, and to a lesser extent red-zone %.

Comment

• Total yards is useful too because it counts both run and pass so all situations are covered. Sometimes points allowed penalizes teams with poor offenses who turn the ball over deep in their own territory. Total yards does not penalize for that occurrence.

However, you will notice the order I listed:
                            Points allowed
                            Total yards allowed
                            Rush yards allowed

Comment

• It has Superbowl quality reaking from every pore.

The Nedaverse invades sports!

Points allowed is the only important stat

No, Yards Allowed are more important. You can give up more TDs because of an crappy offense (that gets intercepted at lot in their end). Yards shows you how a D is actually performing, discounting a crappy offense.

And Yards Allowed is traditionally how defense rankings are done.

Comment

• Beat me to it, pchang... we even used the same example .

Comment

Working...
                                X