No announcement yet.

NHL Playoffs, Round 2!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I like him well enough as a knowledgable and dedicated hockey personality with a large dose of colour. I wish he could be saved. Unfortunately, he has put his foot in it big time, so I don't like his chances.

Of course, there is also the fact that he is 70 years old. Not sure how the country would react to him having the final coronary live on the most watched program in the country.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• If I were him, I'd fake it.
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Another win for the Leafs. The Flyers are looking like the Sens. Philly has to find something or they're dead.

As for the Flames, they're going down and as much as I hate the Wings, I'll be cheering when Calgary bites the dust after what Nieminen did. Hitting the goalie like that is one of the cheapest, scummiest things a player can do. Good riddence to them.
        Golfing since 67

Comment

• As for Cherry, I haven't seen him lately, but the times that I have, he's been a joke. He used to have good stuff to say about the game, even when I disagreed with him, but lately he's just been a clown. Time for him to retire.
          Golfing since 67

Comment

• Don Cherry is a HUGE ratings grab for CBC. They will keep him.
            "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
            "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

• Yeah, probably. After all, Canada is known for its comedians.
              Golfing since 67

Comment

• Tell the CBC what you think. Vote in the Don Cherry poll.
                Golfing since 67

Comment

• I voted no.
                  ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

• Tingkai, what kind of a leaf fan are you? Nieminen ran at the traitor, Joseph.
                    Only feebs vote.

Comment

• 12,000 votes and counting - 80% in favour.

I know CBC can make boneheaded decisions with regularity but this one seems a no-brainer for them.

What I don't understand is why Cherry wants to stay on CBC!? He has market value elsewhere.
                      "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                      "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

• Go Avs!

Comment

• Nice game... Sakic is on fire for sure.. Scoring last 3 goals for Colorado and two of them being winning goals in overtime.. very nice.

I was happy to see Selänne getting some time on the ice and I thought he was OK.. skating a lot and created that first scoring situationo where Sakic put it in so I think he'll be on ice next time too and he will be scoring I'm sure. Been little off the tune lately but getting there.

How about those Flames though? It looks like the pattern is Kiprusoff denying scoring from the other teams and Iginla scoring and winning the game. Those two are a powerhouse for the Flames. Leading Detroit now, I think they might take it the next time and advance!

Exciting playoffs... San Jose will not advance, Colorado will come behind from 3-0 losses and win that series 4-3 .
                          In da butt.
                          "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                          THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                          "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

• I'm amazed at how well Nabokov is playing this series. Getting the puck past him is quiet a challenge indeed. On the same topic, I'm also surprised by how well Abby is doing, especially as of late. And he's no Roy.

Could this be the breakdown of Nabby?

Comment

• He's been a great wall...... amazing goalie.

If the Avs win the next game making it a tie at 3-3... they will win the deciding 7th game. Coming back from 0-3.. they'll have a huge advantage going in.

Pretty low on scores these playoffs too.
                              In da butt.
                              "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                              THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                              "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

• Yes, I think the Avs definitely have the advantage in these low-scoring games as long as Abby can go toe-to-toe with Nabokov. So many offensive weapons give too many chances to score goals (ala games 4 and 5).

Comment

Working...
                                X