NHL Playoffs, Round 2!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• intent to injure? I don't think so!

While Nieminen did do a cheap shot and was dirty, it was not THAT hard, he did brake a little before, he did not charge full on. I read the detroit free press or what ever the **** they call it and it made it sound like the was tryin to decapitate him.

Totally blown out of proportions. Now, Nieminen was a dirty bastard with that move, no doubt, but no way it was intent to injure. Look at the clip again.

Cheap dirty move? Absolutely. Suspendable offense? Absolutelyt not, or then the NHL is not being inconsistent. I'd say let them settle it in the rink, in the game 6 some Wings player like Hatcher might also mistake Nieminen for his punching bag. And then it's settled. You guys talk like you never seen goalie run over before... GO watch volley ball!

And yes code was broken, but only that he will get his ass handed to him in the next game or the next two games. No biggie.
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

• The bump on cujo to me was obviously intentional but hardly an attempt to injure. I think the suspension was an ok call on the theory that it was a stupid thing to do and we want to send the message that it is NOT open season on goalies
      You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• postscript on the habs

a few too many major errors that cost them goals at key times . .. add that to an inability to score against tampa and a Theodore who played ok but not great and the series result was predictable

After the way Theodore came on in the Boston series, I thought he would stone Tampa but he was merely ok
        You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• Calgary
          wow wow wow

This town will be going insane for game 6

Comment

• Flubber, I agree with you. It was intentional. But it wasn't meant to injure.. I might agree that suspension maybe was a good call. It was only for 1 game so..

Go Flames!
            In da butt.
            "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

• There were more window-flags in cars for the Calgary Flames than there are here in Toronto.

Therefore, Calgary is clearly the better team.

Go Flames.
              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
              Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• Leafs look like **** today.

Yzerman--broken eye socket, scrathed cornea, out indefinitely. Had over four hours of surgery last night. His vision should be okay.
                "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• That's definitely good to hear. That was an ugly thing to watch.

Comment

• Sean Burke's starting the second for Philly... 1 goal on 1 shot for Toronto, but the Flyers are up 3-1 and Esche isn't playing bad, so what gives?
                    ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

• Make that 4-1 Philly.
                      ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

• 5-1 Flyers. If it wasn't ugly before, it is now. Clearly the Leafs are bunch of talentless poo-lickers.

Comment

• oh come on philles...
                          :-p

Comment

• its just a matter of time
                            "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                            'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• 7-2 Flyers... and Primeau get his first career playoff hat trick.

Comment

• Leafs are getting butchered.. just watching the game too... That second Primeaus goal was a thing of beauty, what a pass uh? Roenick went on a nice summersault hitting too
                                In da butt.

Comment

Working...
                                X