No announcement yet.

NHL Playoffs, Round 2!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So whining from a Detroit player constitutes proof? The Flames don't play a trap game, they're big on forechecking instead and still play a very aggressive game. They don't ever sit on a lead, and they don't ever quit when behind.

Teams that play the trap don't wipe out Colorado 7-1...

This whole trap bull**** no doubt stems from Quinn, who CONSTANTLY attributes losses to other teams as them playing a trap game. It's a stupid, stupid pathetic excuse.

Fact it, the Leafs lost (and rightly so), and people have probably had far more fun watching the Flames series' than the leafs, with the exception of Leafs fans.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• Originally posted by Agathon

Anyway, I hate to say this, but I hope Philly wins solely to get Roenick a cup. I hate the Flyers (especially that **** Clarke and chicken**** Brashear) but I can't bring myself to say a bad word about JR - he's just great.
      Seriously - What the f* do you know about Roenick, besides whatever flavour of the week globe and mail NHL editorial told you?

the poser line is over there. yeah, the one where you wear hockey Jersey X while nervously awaiting that Canadian green card a-ok

Comment

• PHILLIES!!!!1!
        :-p

Comment

• Hey, I never said that. I just don't like the clutch and grab. And the Leafs weren't above doing that either. In fact they played a successful 1-2-2 trap against the Flyers in the earlier games - I remember Hitchcock complaining about it.

And what were you watching? Didn't you see Roberts cross check Primeau about six times in a row (knocking him down twice). The refs sure didn't.
          Only feebs vote.

Comment

They were doing the same. The Flames were playing an aggressive smothering game against Detroit and it worked. But two goals in two games is not much fun.
            Well, when you have REAL goalies like CuJo and Kipper, you have low-scoring games. Just because Belfour sucks, doesn't make a 7-2 game a fun game to watch. You should adjust your fun-metric for hockey game.
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher

So whining from a Detroit player constitutes proof? The Flames don't play a trap game, they're big on forechecking instead and still play a very aggressive game. They don't ever sit on a lead, and they don't ever quit when behind.
              the Flames do indeed play a trap game - but more than anything else a physical one. Did you see the Detroit bench in game 6? they were absolutely SPENT at that point - and we're talking Detroit, of all

Comment

And what were you watching? Didn't you see Roberts cross check Primeau about six times in a row (knocking him down twice). The refs sure didn't.
                yeah, Roberts is apparently a CALGARY man, b*tch. do some research on that, btw

Comment

So whining from a Detroit player constitutes proof?
                  Even if I had Sutter paint it on his forehead you wouldn't believe it.

Most teams trap to some degree. Are you telling me that Calgary didn't in the last game? I saw them doing it (overhead shot five players clogging up the neutral zone).
                  Only feebs vote.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zylka
                    the Flames do indeed play a trap game - but more than anything else a physical one. Did you see the Detroit bench in game 6? they were absolutely SPENT at that point - and we're talking Detroit, of all
                    It's not a trap game, a trap game is where that is your strategy -- like New Jersey (the most boring team to watch, ever).

Neutral zone "traps" are a natural part of hockey, well before New Jersey made them the loathed things they are by constantly playing the trap.

Comment

Even if I had Sutter paint it on his forehead you wouldn't believe it.

Most teams trap to some degree. Are you telling me that Calgary didn't in the last game? I saw them doing it (overhead shot five players clogging up the neutral zone).
                      "To some degree", of course.

You make it sound like it's their strategy, like NJ, which is completely untrue.

Comment

• but they are putting considerable mind to it, so it is one of their strategies. more than anything else though - they seem to be one of the most well rounded teams of the playoffs. and as lame as it sounds, you simply can not deny the heart and chemistry between the Calgary line up as top in the league.

Comment

• The Flames still trap in today's NHL who doesn't to at least some degree? and their success through 26 games has as much to do with cutting 19 goals from the against ledger as it does from adding 10 to the for side. But they do it aggressively, relying on a high-tempo puck pursuit all over the ice instead of the patient positioning game Minnesota employs with such dulling success, particularly when they've got last change at home.

Calgary works hard to force mistakes instead of sitting back and waiting for them. They're also not scared to forecheck and their in-your-face brand of puck pursuit reminds many of the Vancouver Canucks a few years back, a team that used its speed up front to chase down everything, finishing hits and rushing defencemen into bad decisions,

Isn't that a fair description?
                          Only feebs vote.

Comment

"To some degree", of course.

You make it sound like it's their strategy, like NJ, which is completely untrue.
                            Hey? I'm not calling them the Devils but you have to admit that the previous article describes their strategy quite well - call it aggressive defence, stifling the other team, call it what you will. It's not as boring as Minnesota but it's a defensive strategy.

I'm the kind of guy who likes sports played the way Brazil played football in the 70s and 80s (that was something to see - sometimes it looked like 10 forwards and a goalie).
                            Only feebs vote.

Comment

It's not a trap game, a trap game is where that is your strategy -- like New Jersey (the most boring team to watch, ever).
                              I hate the ****ing Devils - you hear that, Siddiqui?
                              Only feebs vote.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zylka

yeah, Roberts is apparently a CALGARY man, b*tch. do some research on that, btw
                                So is Nieuwendyk, who I have praised to the heavens in this and other threads. So was Dougie.
                                Only feebs vote.

Comment

Working...
                                X