No announcement yet.

NHL Playoffs, Round 2!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well... if this "home team wins" trend continues, it's the leafs who'll end up with the short end of the stick.
    ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

• Esche has some sort of injury-- what I heard was pretty unclear--

Burke looked great on the 1 shot he faced in two periods LOL

7-2 Philly final --- ouch
      You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• In case we needed a further sign that Donald S. Cherry is nuts, he blamed the loss on Pat Quinn wearing a pink shirt.
        ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

• ya -- especially considering what Cherry was wearing LOL

Esche has an "upper body injury"--- The Flyers may say more tomorrow
          You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• Originally posted by Flubber
            7-2 Philly final --- ouch
            hooray.

Game 6. it will end here.
            :-p

Comment

• So it looks like Tingkai was way off. The Flames, which he expected to get eliminated in the first round, are the strongest Canadian team in the playoffs.

The Maple Leafs, which he thought would win the playoffs in 18 games, played the worst hockey game I've seen all year.

More importantly, it proves exactly what I was saying -- "experience" in playoffs is meaningless. Clearly, Belfour is not any more consistently good than Kipper. In fact, Belfour is way worse in the playoffs than Kipper have been. Even in the games where Kipper has totally sucked, he didn't get that many goals against -- and that's without the great defense of Toronto that Tingkai harped incessantly about.
              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
              Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• **** off Asher. Only you would compare some no name goalie on a streak with a hall of famer like Belfour. Next you'll be saying that Regehr is better than Blake.

As for the game, the Leafs were trash. Philly weren't any good. In fact I thought they were better in the last game. None of the Leafs bothered to turn up and simply gifted them the game. They'll probably lose the series now and Quinn should be sacked - he's had long enough and hasn't come up with the results.
                Only feebs vote.

Comment

• Kipper is good. Maybe he hasn't got a big name yet, but after he wins the best goalie award, he is.
                  In da butt.
                  "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                  THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                  "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

• 1. Still no definite word on Esche's problem, but he left the game after making an odd turn in goal. It was confirmed that he went to a neurologist, which is... interesting. Maybe a bad back.

2. FWIW
                    >>JUNEAU HANGS UP SKATES: Montreal Canadiens forward Joe Juneau, 36, announced his retirement from the NHL on Saturday, two days after Montreal was swept out of the playoffs by the Tampa Bay Lightning. "I know that the time for retirement has come," he said. A fourth-round pick of Boston in 1988, Juneau had 70 assists and 102 points in his rookie season of 1992-93 with the Bruins

3. The Flames had better finish it off tonight.
                    We need to get the Avs GONE!!
                    And Game 7 in Denver is not the prefered method...
                    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher
                      So it looks like Tingkai was way off. The Flames, which he expected to get eliminated in the first round, are the strongest Canadian team in the playoffs.
                      You got me confused with someone else. I predicted the Flames would make the finals, but only cause I want another Canadian team fighting for the cup.

Originally posted by Asher
                      The Maple Leafs, which he thought would win the playoffs in 18 games, played the worst hockey game I've seen all year.
                      You don't watch many Flames games, eh.

Yeah, the Leafs played a sh!t game, but sh!t happens. That's the beauty of the NHL playoffs. Just because the Flyers won one, doesn't mean nothing if they can't win another.

More importantly, it proves exactly what I was saying -- "experience" in playoffs is meaningless.
                      Dude, that's where you're completely wrong. Every goalie will have a bad night, but the great goalies like Roy, Broduer and Belfour have what it takes to come back the next game and win. Then you get goalies like Theodore who collapse after one bad loss. Or Guigere who had a great playoff run and then did nothing this year.

It's easy for some kid to get on a winning streak, but the real test is how they handle adversity.

Look at the Avs. Down 3-0 and they're battling back. They haven't given up.

Clearly, Belfour is not any more consistently good than Kipper. In fact, Belfour is way worse in the playoffs than Kipper have been.

If you're gonna troll, you got to do better than that.

Belfour 2.04 gaa, .932 sv%, 3 so
                      Kipper 2.12 gaa, .924 sv%, 2 so

Can you say "Eddie, Eddie, Eddie!"

Golfing since 67

Comment

• Absolutely un*ingbelievable attitudes we're getting out of the East towards the Flames; most vividly from your usual "everything Alberta does is wrong" taint of CBC broadcasts. You know - I'd honestly say that's what it is to be Canadian during playoffs.. cheering the Leafs, Nucks or Canadiens (etc.) whether or not you even gave a damn about them during regular season

BTW, you're just getting the heat the Canucks got since the beginning of the series, being a western team and all. How many times did we see the CBC folks cheer for Calgary over Vancouver.

So while I agree that you have cause for complaint, the Canucks have more.

The way I look at it, it means that the folks from the centre of the universe consider you a threat.
                        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Originally posted by Tingkai

If you're gonna troll, you got to do better than that.

Belfour 2.04 gaa, .932 sv%, 3 so
                          Kipper 2.12 gaa, .924 sv%, 2 so

Can you say "Eddie, Eddie, Eddie!"

You left out the best metric -- wins.

Kipper: 7
                          Belfour: 6

"The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• Wins count for teams, not goalies.
                            In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tingkai

Here's what Sh!tter: "Things like that happen in a game. It's just frustration. I don't know -- I really still don't know what happened. Niemo could have avoided him but, at the same time, I don't think it was blatant or anything like that. He's not a dirty player, we've seen that."
                              He also said that he DERSERVED the game suspension and that he owes the entire team when he returns, so nice selective effort - there!

Things like that don't just happen. Every player knows you don't attack goaltenders. Anyone else is fair game, but not goalies. That's part of the code.

And the idea that it wasn't blatant is just crap. It was a deliberate intent to injured.

And it was part of a trend. When the Flames are losing, they resort to cheap shots.
                              oh WOW. Some back up on that trend/conspiracy/whatever, please?

You're such a *ing mindless poser I don't even know where to begin. Go back to being spoonfed your anti Alberta CBC rag reports - because Hockey isn't for you, and you're clearly not Canadian. You're a simple blender who makes absolute effort to accept whatever worrying mentality the "home" region can throw at the weak.

and take down that Leafs crest, poser. whatever their current problems, a class organization like that doesn't need it's history trivialized by some blender who thinks he can join the "fight" for the center of the Universe by forcing fanship

Comment

• I never believed the thing about Canada and NHL, Canadians being trashed all the time but I've been in few forums lately (NHL team forums) and it seems like there might be some truth to it after all.. against Canadian teams that is.

But... Detroit will drop tonight... I'll be watching with pop corn and soda and laugh my butt off when Detroit starts their summer vacation and Flames advance .

Go Flames Go!
                                In da butt.
                                "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                                THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                                "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Working...
                                X