No announcement yet.

NHL Playoffs, Round 2!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's a great commute, I'm living in a massive house with an outdoor pool, air conditioning, $490/month w/ free broadband wireless, utilities included, etc. As a bonus, my bed is queensize and my brother happens to live in the room next to me.

I also get to park my new car in a garage.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• Life is tough. How'd you swing that deal?

The Mazda looks pretty good.
      Golfing since 67

Comment

• I got the deal through my brother, who got the deal through the University of Waterloo.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher
          As a bonus, my bed is queensize...
          Please tell us that you forced them to take out the kingsize to give you that. It would be funny.

Good game Calgary. :beer:

Too bad Habs.
          (\__/)
          (='.'=)
          (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• Calgary finally had a game where they played with the Wings and actually outplayed them at points. In the first 2 games I thought I was watching a siege.

Montreal-- I am disappointed-- They had the game and should be back in the series --- How the heck they can allow folks to stand right in front like that in the last minute shocks me .. . .You flatten the guy-- ALWAYS-- you may not get a penalty and even if you would be called , the ensuing faceoff is another opportunity to win a draw and kill the clock
            You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• Lose, Detroit, lose!!!

Great game by the Calgary boys... they are now in control of this series!
              Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• GO SHARKS!!!
                Monkey!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Oncle Boris
                  The Habs would rape you.
                  Even as a fellow Habs fan, my response is: the hell.

Calgary is a team that absolutely never quits. Sutter simply won't tolerate any slack play from anyone on his roster. Markov, Rivet, and Souray would've been riding pine games ago if he'd been coaching Montreal; never mind what he'd have done to Ribiero at various points in the season, or anybody on the bottom two lines (save Bulis & Begin, and Ward before he got hurt). Fact of the matter is, Montreal's defense has been totally outclassed by Tampa's forwards, and the squad has managed to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory four times to date (games 2 & 4 against Boston, game 3 against Tampa, and an argument can be made for game 2 against Tampa and the last-second goal by Lecavalier in the second period that put that game away).

In retrospect, it's got to be pointed out that Boston was pathetic; it was only Montreal's own bumbling that made that series go seven games.

There were signs in games 2 & 3 that Montreal can play with Tampa, but the consistency isn't there. It'll be a couple of years, and a few cast-off deadwoods, before Montreal will be considered a true contender.
                  "If you doubt that an infinite number of monkeys at an infinite number of typewriters would eventually produce the combined works of Shakespeare, consider: it only took 30 billion monkeys and no typewriters." - Unknown

Comment

• Well, the Leafs win 4-1. And to tell the truth they physically dominated the Flyers, many of whom spent much of the game with their arses on the ice.

Physically, the Leafs kicked the crap out of the Flyers. Even Mogilny threw a series of crushing checks.

So the series is back on. If the Leafs can win Friday it's anyone's game.
                    Only feebs vote.

Comment

• shut up about toronto...the series is all but back on. You win one game in the 2nd round and all of a sudden its party time in canada
                      "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                      'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• No. They beat the nuts off the Flyers and it's party time in Canada!

:beer: for Torana!
                        (\__/)
                        (='.'=)
                        (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• yeah, after dropping two like sally *****es.
                          "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                          'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• Ah bull, the Leafs have outplayed the Flyers for the past two games. Toronto deserved to win the second game, but just had a couple of bad bounces (like Mogilny's shot that got trapped inside the defenceman's pants).

The Leafs dominated tonight. The Flyers were completely frustrated and losing it (three penalties at the same time ). Esche was shaky all night and I doubt he'll be able to get his confidence back.

On other notes: I really hate the golfers at the Air Canada Centre. The Leafs are scoring, hitting hard, playing a great game and the rich idiots are sitting on their butts like they're watching wimbleton. Even in the last couple of minutes, they sat there like they're at the opera. Sickening. Those ain't true Leaf fans.

Oh and Aggie, welcome back on board.
                            Golfing since 67

Comment

• I didn't watch most of the last two games. I have a thesis to write.
                              Only feebs vote.

Comment

• Originally posted by optimus2861
                                There were signs in games 2 & 3 that Montreal can play with Tampa, but the consistency isn't there. It'll be a couple of years, and a few cast-off deadwoods, before Montreal will be considered a true contender.
                                First, Boston wasn't pathetic. Raycroft did a strong job. They may not have been at their best, but both teams played (usually) good hockey - better than in any regular season game.

As for Tampa, things would have been different if Souray played at before-injury level and Quintal was there. Tampa was outplayed by Montreal in game 3, no question about that. Unfortunately, their forwards are so talented that they can afford to be outplayed and get away with the game by jumping on mistakes.

Many teams have won series - even the Cup - with a good coach, teamplay, and will to fight. Do you sincerely think that there was more talent in Montreal in 93 than right now?

You'll argue about Roy, I'm sure; but remember he had the best defense of the league to protect him. Plus Theo in his good days can reach a similar level. If only he could sustain it.
                                In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

Working...
                                X