NHL Playoffs thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks for reminding me.
    And indeed there will be time To wonder, "Do I dare?" and, "Do I dare?". t s eliot

Comment

• I don't see exactly how Iggy prevents the bulk of the 3rd and 4th liners from chipping in with 12 or 16 goals instead of 4 or 6. Calgary's 3rd and 4th lines play about the same amount as 3rd and 4th lines on other teams and this lackl of "depth scoring" has been an issue for years-- But what does Iggy have to do with it? He usually faces the opposing team's top checking line
      By sucking up 7 million dollars.
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Yeah, it's hard to justify paying one of the top 5 scorers over the past 5 years his 7 million dollar contract.

They should've shipped him off and brought in some quality players like Burrows or Cooke.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• If they did that and kept Sutter (who was obviously not the problem), then they would be in the playoffs this year and could be looking at a stanley cup ring.
          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
            If they did that and kept Sutter (who was obviously not the problem), then they would be in the playoffs this year and could be looking at a stanley cup ring.
            Can you keep your Sutters straight?

The Sutter coaching LA is not the one that has been coaching Calgary this season.

Sutter was definitely the problem, but in his role as the GM. He's a fine coach, but he's proven to be an awful GM. Calgary had great success with him as the coach. He was never fired as the coach from Calgary -- he resigned to take the GM position.
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• And jesus tapdancing christ, you seriously just said if the Flames ditched Iginla for Burrows and Cooke they'd be serious cup contenders last season??

Comment

• Okay, big changes in the standings heading into the Finals, only a few players still have a chance.

Four of us (myself, Kontiki, Ming, and notyoueither) picked both winners this round; three players in the each series got a bonus point (me, Kontiki, Supr49er for Devils in 6; Ming, mrboo123, and Flubber for Kings in 5).

Only one player--mrboo123--received any bonus points at all for picking a conference champ with his Kings selection; he could still get two more bonus points as he picked the Kings to win the whole shebangabang.

Without further ado, the standings:

1. Guynemer 18 (21 max possible)
                2. Kontiki 16 (19)
                2. Ming 16 (19)
                2. Garth Vader 16 (19)
                5. Asher 14 (17)
                5. Supr49er 14 (17)
                7. mrboo123 13 (18)
                7. Flubber 13 (16)
                9. notyoueither 12 (15)
                10. demonbinder 11 (14)* (did not supply picks in round 3)
                11. joncha 10 (13)
                11. gjramsey 10 (13)
                13. Ben Kenobi 8 (11)
                14. Jonny 6 (9)* (did not supply picks in round 3)

As you can see, it is down to five players. If I pick the Stanley Cup winner correctly, I am the champ. If I fail to do so, I could be caught by any of the players tied at #2, or surpassed if they get the number of games right. mrboo123 could conceivably tie for the championship, but may have to hedge his bets. If he does tie for the title, LA will have to win; if such a case, he will be awarded the tiebreaker for picking the champ from the get-go. (Note: this is all speculative, as I'm picking the Kings.)

I'm going Kings in... 6? Should be one hell of a goalie battle.
                "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• And this is where I start paying attention to hockey again (well I sort of have been the last few days) .

Go Devils

Win a last one for Marty!!
                  “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                  - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Well, ****. New Jersey in 6.
                    ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

• Devils in 7
                      And indeed there will be time To wonder, "Do I dare?" and, "Do I dare?". t s eliot

Comment

• Kings in 6

Comment

• Ugh... did I really not post my picks last round? Doesn't really matter; they would have both been wrong anyway.

Kings in 7 as I continue my race to the bottom.

Comment

• LA in 6.
                            (\__/)
                            (='.'=)
                            (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• Devils in 4.

Comment

• While a Marty win would be nice I am thinking the Kings will now do what no team has done and win fronm the 8th seed position-- hmmmm [reviews other picks ]

Kings in 5
                                You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Working...
                                X