No announcement yet.

NHL Playoffs thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I never liked the NJ Devils............
    “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
      Devils in 4.
      Ah, Ben
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• Obviously he meant next year when they have Luongo.
        And indeed there will be time To wonder, "Do I dare?" and, "Do I dare?". t s eliot

Comment

Wouldn't it be something if the Canucks did the best against the Kings?
          LOL-- I was waiting for this.

However I expected you to go further and proclaim them as the "real" runners -up sicne they did best against the Kings. I am astonished at your restraint
          You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• Ah, like the year he claimed his beloved San Diego Chargers were the 2nd best team in the NFL.
            After finishing 8-8.
            Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• However I expected you to go further and proclaim them as the "real" runners -up sicne they did best against the Kings. I am astonished at your restraint
              Ask me how happy I am that the team pissed away a cup run that would have involved New Jersey, Phoenix, St. Louis and LA.
              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
              2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Ah, like the year he claimed his beloved San Diego Chargers were the 2nd best team in the NFL.
                After finishing 8-8.
                When did I say that last year? Maybe years before, when they were 4-8 and went 8-8, after having a ridiculously high points for/points against

Yeah, they went 8-8 and were +92, 6th best in the entire NFL, back in 2008. Expected W/L was 10-6, so they were a little over -2 wins.

2010, they were 9-7 and the fifth best team in the entire NFL, with +119 points for/against. Expected W/L was 11-5, so they were -2.

The Flutie led Chargers went 5-11 despite being +11. Expected W/L was 8.3, so they were -3.3.

It's very hard to go +/- > 4
                Last edited by Ben Kenobi; June 6, 2012, 21:33.
                Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

• Yup, that's the year.
                  Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                  RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Ask me how happy I am that the team pissed away a cup run that would have involved New Jersey, Phoenix, St. Louis and LA.
                    You're not happy. You're destroyed. And it's clear.
                    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• You're not happy. You're destroyed. And it's clear.
                      No, I'm not happy, not one bit. Especially not when the GM makes moves that weaken the team.

Comment

• Luongo, indeed.

Can you imagine how Vancouver would've done if they traded Luongo for some depth?

Comment

• Luongo, indeed.

Can you imagine how Vancouver would've done if they traded Luongo for some depth?
                          Right, because Schneider did so much better. They needed scoring depth, and they've traded COHO for a worthless sack of pucks.

Comment

Right, because Schneider did so much better.
                            Mmhmm.

Comment

Right, because Schneider did so much better. They needed scoring depth, and they've traded COHO for a worthless sack of pucks.
                              Seriously

Luongo 3.59 .891
                              SChneider 1.31 .960
                              You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Working...
                                X