No announcement yet.

NFL Football - 2012 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'll go Ravens by 3 and Ray Lewis with OVER 10 total tackles.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• That sounds right, Sloww (and snoop), but I'm really hoping it goes the other way.
      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• I know both Defenses are stellar, and I don't know what the Over/Under is, but I would still take the Over. People recognize the Defenses, but I'm not sure that the betting population overall recognizes that there is definite scoring potential on both sides, too.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

• Statistically, Baltimore's defense is nothing exceptional. Frisco's is the more talented group.
          But with two weeks to prepare, both teams have ample opportunity to fine-tune their schemes to the opponent.

As usual, I'm mostly just hoping for a competitive game.

BTW, big props to Beyonce for her press conference today. She hadn't spoken publicly since the inauguration lip-synch incident.
          Comes out, picks up the mic, sings the anthem a cappella, nails it.

"Any questions?" she asks. Nicely played.
          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• SF over Baltimore 24-21.

Comment

• Richard Sherman on Bourbon Street finding out who's the best shut-down corner:

Fan easier, fan faster and fan better with Bleacher Report. Keep up with the latest storylines, expert analysis, highlights and scores for all your favorite sports.
              "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
              "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• That's cool.

Comment

• SF up big until late when Flacco throws two late long scores to bring it to within one score in a failed comeback.
                  Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                  1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

• I woke up this morning with a feeling of impending doom -- convinced that the game would be a hugely one-sided Baltimore romp.
                    It made me sad.

Comment

• Surprised there was no prop bet thread.
                      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• I didn't have time this year.

As consolation, here's an ad that was banned from the Super Bowl a few years ago:

Comment

• That's funny, the French captions keep all the swears.
                          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                          2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                            Richard Sherman on Bourbon Street finding out who's the best shut-down corner:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...KQgcd953x9JGB7
                            Love him or hate him, he's pretty entertaining.
                            "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                            'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• Cleveland is so mentally challenged. They are to QB's what Millen was to WR's in Detroit.

The San Francisco 49ers will attempt to trade quarterback Alex Smith this offseason, according to league sources, and some believe they will be able to do it because there is not a great supply of available quarterbacks and there is a demand for Smith.

Browns offensive coordinator Norv Turner worked well with Smith in San Francisco when he was the team's offensive coordinator in 2006 and Chiefs coach Andy Reid has expressed an interest in Smith in the past, making Cleveland and Kansas City two possible destinations.

There's one other factor to consider: If San Francisco deals Smith instead of cutting him, it would save the $1 million or $2 million roster bonus it would have to pay if he is released.

Smith, the 2005 No. 1 overall draft pick, lost his starting job to Colin Kaepernick while sitting out with a concussion but has been professional at every turn and has continued to mentor his replacement.

In fact, coach Jim Harbaugh has indicated that Smith spends more time than he does coaching Kaepernick.

Before his injury, Smith had completed 26 of his last 28 passes -- including going 18-of-19 for 232 yards, three touchdowns and no interceptions (good to a 157.1 passer rating) in a "Monday Night Football" win at Arizona on Oct. 29.

He then sustained a concussion in the second quarter of the 49ers' next game, a 24-24 tie against St. Louis on Nov. 11. Smith sat out the next game as Kaepernick dazzled in his debut as an NFL starter, beating the Bears handily at home on "Monday Night Football." Smith didn't start again this season.

Comment

• The New Cleveland Browns have been an embarrassment to QB management. Just off the top of my head, they've had Tim Couch, Kelly Holcomb, Trent Dilfer, Jeff Garcia, Charlie Frye, Derek Anderson, Brady Quinn, Jake Delhomme, Colt McCoy, and Brandon Weeden all be 'the guy' for oh about 4 games on average.

The handlings of Frye, Anderson, Quinn, and McCoy were pathetic.

If you know a guy is not your franchise QB, no sense in sticking with him but there's no way they properly assessed Frye, Quinn, McCoy, and maybe even Weeden, since none of them had ANY time to develop, especially considering how atrocious the WR corps has been.
                                "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                                "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Working...
                                X