No announcement yet.

NFL Football - 2012 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In a marked departure from my normal inclination, which is the same as Jr as far as NFC, I'm going to cheer for Baltimore. I never cared for Ray Lewis before, but this is now.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Take the cap away, then see what happens.
      The Giants win the superbowl?
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
        After blowing a 20-0 lead last week. I mean, WTF... the 2nd half adjustments were horrible and the defensive game calling crap. Though, who knows, if Abraham was fully healthy it may have been completely different.
        Yup. Was at the game and recognized the same formulaic instances of coming out flat in the third. While all season they have been able to have enough gas inthe tank to squeak something out in the 4th, not this time.

On a seperate note I have to state for the record the 9er fans were some of the most obnoxious pieces of crap I have had the misfortune of being at a game with, and that is saying something considering the Cowboy and Giant fans I dealt with back in Philly.

It came as no surprise the stabbing that occured after the game given the asshats that were there.
        "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

• New England's consolation prize seems to be Armond Armstead:

The Patriots have signed former Southern Cal defensive lineman Armond Armstead, per sources. Armstead played for the Toronto Argonauts of the Canadian Football League this past season, leading the team in sacks while earning all-star recognition.

Should be a decent signing for next year if his heart doesn't explode (a caveat that should be added to all signings, really). And they get him in time to have a full offseason with him.
          "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

• I'm surprised no one has mentioned the "Oakland tanked a Super Bowl" story. Especially my fellow Chicago fans who's new coach was Oakland's OC at the time.
            I'm sure it won't taint him But it's not really the first major story concerning him after he's hired that you wanted to see. His first response was No Comment.
            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• "tanked" inplies they lost on purpose. I don't recall any story saying Oakland lost that superbowl on purpose. Did they get creamed? Yes; but i don't think they did it on purpose.
              Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
              1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

• I don't think the intent was there, but if the alleged gameplan changes happened that late, it's certainly possible the effect was similar.
                Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

• I just thought it was a non story. Happened a long time ago and based on the circumstances surrounding it, it seemed liked sour grapes. Can't believe any coach would throw a Super Bowl. You never know when you will get back again, if ever and it looks great on your resume.

Comment

• I guess since I've been working from home lately, it just seems likes it's been a bigger deal since it's gotten so much air time on all the sports shows that I've had on in the background. When I first heard it, I thought the same thing. (sour grapes), but others have jumped in to comment.
                    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Eh, I think it's pretty irrelevant. Whether or not the accusations are true, it's long enough ago that it doesn't really matter; and Trestman was likely uninvolved anyway (Callahan was the one accused of wanting to lose - Trestman just happened to be there; and Callahan was the former OC, so he probably had a lot of control over playcalling and such, whether or not it was titular).
                      <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                      I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• Except for the comments that questioned Trestman's ability to lead/inspire the troops. Probably just more sour grapes, and considering his other history..... But again, not the first thing you want to hear after he's hired.
                        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Meh, Brown was pissed off because he didn't get 1000 yards that year (for the first year in like 15 years). Of course that perhaps had to do with signing the greatest WR of all time, which he didn't seem to acknowledge... I think it's all just sour grapes. Trestman won two gray cups, you can't complain about his ability to lead the team. And it's not like Lovie had an amazing ability in that department either
                          <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                          I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• While I wasn't a big fan of Lovie in that department, his DC was sniffing at a line coach position else where when he could have stayed a DC here. That speaks volumes about the loyalty that Lovie commanded. (or that Ron was just an idiot)
                            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by snoopy369 View Post
                              Meh, Brown was pissed off because he didn't get 1000 yards that year (for the first year in like 15 years). Of course that perhaps had to do with signing the greatest WR of all time, which he didn't seem to acknowledge... I think it's all just sour grapes. Trestman won two Grey cups, you can't complain about his ability to lead the team. And it's not like Lovie had an amazing ability in that department either
                              Corrected for spelling (and capitalization).
                              "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

• I'm so glad Brady got fined for throwing his leg up on that slide, but only $10K? Isn't that less than another player got fined for not having his socks at the correct length? How stupid is that. Just goes to show that there is a different standard for QB's. Any other playing doing that would have been called for a penalty and fined, probably more than $10K.

Comment

Working...
                                X