NFL Football - 2012 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Donegeal View Post
    Here you go, a question that includes football concerning a recent event: "In your most recent trip to the Super Bowl, you were charged with murder. Care to explain that?"
    "What more can I say that hasn't been said, next question"
    "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
    'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
      If you're assigned the Ray Lewis story, that bit of history is a legit part of it. And making him squirm anew on media day is fair game.

Lewis getting all huffy and saying that no reporter had the right to ask him about that because he (and his family?!) have to "live with it every day" was, BTW, precious.
      Well, when people are constantly asking him about, i dont doubt that he has to live with it every day. Also, it was a ****ing bar fight, it's not like he rolled up on these other dudes and shanked em. **** happens when people drink, I'm not going to worry about Ray Lewis the person being involved in an unfortunate turn of events.
      'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• Considering the long and storied history of Super Bowl Media Day, this strikes me as an odd choice of what constitutes crossing the line.
        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• I'm not going to worry about Ray Lewis the person being involved in an unfortunate turn of events
          Interesting defense here, "because he was drunk, therefore killing people is ok". You aren't helping your hero here, MRT.
          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
          2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
            Interesting defense here, "because he was drunk, therefore killing people is ok". You aren't helping your hero here, MRT.
            Youre stupid and don't understand how motive plays a role in morality of killing. Stupid absolutist morality ignorance.

Comment

• Things are or they're not. It's a yes or no question.
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
                Things are or they're not. It's a yes or no question.
                Bull**** it's a yes or no question. Goddamn, do a ****ing inventory of times when you don't feel bad for people getting killed.

Comment

• I guess I don't understand you.
                  Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

• Moving on,

Four guys have been going to the same fishing trip for many years. Two days before the group is to leave, Ron's wife puts her foot down and tells him he isn't going.

Ron's mates are very upset that he can't go, but what can they do. Two days later the three mates get to the camping site only to find Ron sitting there with a tent set up, firewood gathered, and dinner cooking on the fire.

"**** Ron, how long you been here? How did you talk your missus into letting you go?"

"Well, I've been here since last night. After dinner at home yesterday evening, I was sitting in my chair and my wife came up behind me and put her hands over my eyes and said, 'Guess who?'

I pulled her hands off, and she was wearing sexy brand new lingerie. She said she had been reading 'Fifty Shades of Grey' and she had a devilish look in her eyes!!!

She took my hand and led me to our bedroom. The room had candles and rose petals all over.

On the bed she had handcuffs, and ropes!

She told me to tie her up and cuff her to the bed, so I did.

And then she said, 'Do whatever you want.'

So . . . . here I am!"

Comment

• “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• OK, prediction time:
                        The 49ers superior offense and defense will withstand the Ravens' emotional imperative and emerge triumphant.
                        MVP = Kaepernick.
                        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Look what I found . On the NRA's Enemies List (technically the list of organizations and people who have given direct support to anti-gun organizations, as defined by the NRA, of course):

Doug Flutie - NFL player
                          Established in 1975, the Institute for Legislative Action (ILA) is the "lobbying" arm of the National Rifle Association of America. ILA is responsible for preserving the right of all law-abiding individuals in the legislative, political, and legal arenas, to purchase, possess and use firearms for legitimate purposes as guaranteed by the Second Amendment to the U.S. Constitution.

“I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• So, Imran apparently believes that the man who was once a very happy Mennonite would hate people who don't like guns.
                            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

• Ravens, 23-21. I think the 49ers are just a little to raw to win this year, and the Ravens will be trying harder. That said, I think the 49ers will win 2-3 superbowls in the next 5 years...
                              <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                              I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• SF coach benches Kaepernik. Alex Smith wins superbowl after Flacco throws a pick returned for a TD.

Comment

Working...
                                X