NFL Football - 2012 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by snoopy369 View Post
    Haha. I don't know enough about him myself to make that decision - but perhaps this is 'buy low'?
    There's buying low, and then there's ignoring the signs. A dumb LB is not a good idea.
    "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
      Most 1st round draft picks, though, are thrown in right away, which the exception of QBs, but even there these days they are being cast into the starting role.
      Understood, but that's because they're usually needed. I think I'd rather take a high potential player than an immediate starter if I were the Bears - their team is pretty good as is, except for O-line, where they seem unable to draft well anyway; and the success of the defense largely rests on a high-potential MLB.

That said, it's entirely possible Koy is right. I don't know anything about Teo, so he could well be an idiot. Or perhaps, he's smart enough to play along in order to have a shot at the Heisman...
      <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
      I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• It's a classic caveat emptor situation. That's all I'm sayin'...
        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Might be the first time I'm interested in a wonderlic score.
          Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

• I don't remember who I was having the argument with (As to whether 'champion' necessarily implies 'best team'); Imran? JR? Either way, Aaron Schwartz now agrees with me, so, Notable:
            • The 'best team' in the league only won the superbowl ~24% of the time
            • The 'best team' in the league failed to _make the playoffs_ 1 time in 10
            • The superbowl champion was one of the top three teams in the league only half the time
            • The worst team in the league occasionally won the superbowl (appropriately, an 8-8 Bears team in the simulation they mention!)
            <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
            I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• I have argued for time immemorial that the Super Bowl Champion is not the Best Team (ie, 2007 Patriots) - so I was on your side.
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Anyone hear the stat that the last three SB winners opened their season against the Eagles? :lol

Why are football players so stupid? The Ravens player that pushed the ref (after hitting a SF player already on the ground) and not getting flagged or thrown out of game, now is dissing the SF team. Yeah, he's one to talk. Then there is Devin Hester who admits that his head wasn't in the games when he was playing WR. Really? He was the one that wanted to play the position and kept on being in the wrong place all the time which, according to reports, Trestman will not stand for. Now he only wants to return punts and kickoffs. I say, let him do that for another team. I'm tired of his attitude.

Comment

• In the Eagles' home opener. And it was the last 4.

I'd rather have the Ravens guy or Hester over Titus Young (who has been claimed by the Rams).
                  Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

• I'm not sure Manti Te'o could handle a big market. There's been talk of the Giants and Jets interested in him.

If he falls out of the first round though, he could be great value.
                    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Titus Young is a talented punk who has totally wasted his first two years in the league.
                      Maybe Jeff Fisher can get him under control.
                      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• FWIW, Joe Montana's highest passing attempts in a season was 520. Obviously he was not as effective a passer as Andrew Luck or Matthew Stafford.
                        Interesting. So the logic here is just because one is effective with 600 attempts, this assumes one is ineffective with fewer? Not so.
                        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• It's your twisted logic that more attempts = more effective.
                          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• It's your twisted logic that more attempts = more effective.
                            X is Y doesn't mean not X is not Y. Saying that QBs who get 600 attempts are effective, does not imply that quarterbacks who get fewer than 600 attempts are ineffective. Far from it.

Also, please find the word 'more', anywhere? I never said that. All I said is QBs with 600 attempts are effective. If they were ineffective QBs, then they wouldn't get 600 attempts. I made no assessment regarding the effectiveness of QBs with fewer than 600 attempts. Nor did I say 600 attempts is the bar for gaging whether a QB is effective.
                            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                            2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                              All I said is QBs with 600 attempts are effective. If they were ineffective QBs, then they wouldn't get 600 attempts. I made no assessment regarding the effectiveness of QBs with fewer than 600 attempts. Nor did I say 600 attempts is the bar for gaging whether a QB is effective.
                              The TD - INT ratio, PR, and limited other metrics indicate Luck wasn't really that effective. You get 600 attempts because your team doesn't have other options.
                              When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

• Originally posted by Koyaanisqatsi View Post
                                There's buying low, and then there's ignoring the signs. A dumb LB is not a good idea.
                                Shawne Merriman syndrome?
                                When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Working...
                                X