NFL Football - 2012 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Only a racist believes this.
    No, I'm not the only one who's observed it. Luck just quietly went about his business, while RGIII was massively overhyped. That, to me, speaks volumes. I look at the numbers, not the hype and 4375 says it all for me.
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Look, I know you're trolling, but let's look at this assertion. There are currently three versions of the ROY:
      I think it's a damn travesty that Luck got sweet **** all recognition for his record breaking performance.

I don't see how that's a racist statement to say that he was unjustly snubbed. Hell ****ing Arians got all the recognition, but nothing for Luck? That's bull****.
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
        No, I'm not the only one who's observed it. Luck just quietly went about his business, while RGIII was massively overhyped. That, to me, speaks volumes. I look at the numbers, not the hype and 4375 says it all for me.
        We all know how stupid you are so obviously any metric you use is void.
        "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
        'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
          Look, I know you're trolling, but let's look at this assertion. There are currently three versions of the ROY:

1. The AP NFL Rookie of the Year award is an annual award given to the top offensive and defensive rookie players in the NFL. Winners are selected by a nationwide panel of 50 members of the Associated Press who regularly cover the league. Ballots are cast at the end of the regular season, before the playoffs. 2012 winner: Robert Griffin III

2. The Pepsi NFL Rookie of the Year award is an annual award given since 2002 to the top rookie in the NFL. The winner is selected by fans through an online voting process at NFL.com. 2012 winner: Russell Wilson

3. The Pro Football Weekly/Pro Football Writers Association (PFW/PFWA) Rookie of the Year awards -- given annually to an offensive and defensive rookie in the NFL since 1969, except in 1985. The winners are chosen by PFW writers/editors and PFWA members. 2012 winner: Robert Griffin III

None of these awards is given by the league, and none is voted on by the players.

So what you're claiming is that sportswriters are (pro-black) racist, and that the fans (who - like the press - are overwhelmingly white) are as well. Either that, or that the NFL - comprised of teams owned by rich white guys - is anti-white and somehow controls the writers.

The only reasonable explanation is that you're an ill-informed troll talking out his ass.
          Most of the experts agree... Griffin deserved it and earned it. Jr's last point pretty much sums it up.

As usual, you are a moron talking out of his ass...
          The stats are clear. Griffin was the better QB and the best rookie.
          Keep on Civin'
          RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I don't see how that's a racist statement to say that he was unjustly snubbed. .
            It's not. That's just an opinion.

But let's be clear: You're the one who played the race card.
            Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• We all know how stupid you are so obviously any metric you use is void.
              Wow. I'm using such bizarre and arcane statistics like yardage. Who knew yardage was irrelevant to offensive performance?

Comment

• Most of the experts agree... Griffin deserved it and earned it. Jr's last point pretty much sums it up.
                I don't see how. Luck won more games, scored more touchdowns, threw for more yardage. Griffin had a fine rookie season, but Luck was better. Especially since Luck started every game.

The stats are clear. Griffin was the better QB and the best rookie.
                Well, let's put up a bet then. Luck will always have more career yardage and Touchdowns than RGIII.

Comment

• It's not. That's just an opinion.
                  I don't think it's an unreasonable one either. Luck was for the most part ignored and it's a real shame. He really is the better quarterback and the class of his draft year.

Comment

I don't see how. Luck won more games, scored more touchdowns, threw for more yardage. Griffin had a fine rookie season, but Luck was better. Especially since Luck started every game.
                    ALMOST ALL THE EXPERTS DISAGREE WITH YOU... THE THREE ROOKIE AWARDS DISAGREE WITH YOU. You want to key on just a few stats instead of viewing their seasons in total. You want to ignore his 18 interceptions. You want to ignore the fact that he finished 26th in passer rating vs 2nd by Griffin...
                    It has nothing to do with skin color... Griffin was clearly better, as the experts agree.

But feel free to live in BEN LAND... where you can be totally wrong, but still be right.

Well, let's put up a bet then. Luck will always have more career yardage and Touchdowns than RGIII.
                    TYPICAL BEN... try to change the subject. We are talking about this year... not futures.
                    Keep on Civin'
                    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• And Now For Something Completely Different:

2013 Superbowl aims to be greenest ever

...and for 33 glorious minutes, they were.
                      No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

• The yardage trumps everything racist troll is interesting. What that means is:

ESPN is the place for NFL stats! Discover the Offense Passing stat leaders of the 2023 NFL Regular Season.

Matthew Stafford was a better QB this year than Aaron Rodgers

Speaking of yardage though, yards per attempt:

Hey look, RGIII is #1 in the league!!
                        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Wow. I'm using such bizarre and arcane statistics like yardage. Who knew yardage was irrelevant to offensive performance?
                          Yup, you're still stupid
                          'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

I don't think anyone's saying yardage is irrelevant. But using yardage and TDs as raw numbers when one player has 234 more passing attempts is not a fair measure of anything. Andrew Luck threw the ball 627 times, while Wilson and RG3 each had 393 attempts. So Luck had 59.5% more chances. Yet Wilson had more TD passes (26) than Luck (23), and RG3 (20) was right behind him.

Some interesting Andrew Luck statistics:

Completion Pct = 54.1 (31st overall, 5th among rookie QBs)
                            Yards per Attempt = 6.98 (17th overall, 3rd among rookies)
                            TD Passes = 23 (14th overall, 2nd among rookies)
                            Passer Rating = 76.5 (26th overall, 3rd among rookies)
                            INTs = 18 (T3 overall, most among rookies)

One last stat: ESPN's new QB rating system, the QBR:
                            Robert Griffin III -- 71.4, 6th overall
                            Russell Wilson -- 69.6, 8th overall
                            Andrew Luck -- 65.0, 11th overall

All this without even discussing rushing yds, rushing TDs, and fumbles lost -- all statistics that favor Griffin over Luck.

While his future is bright, it's actually pretty hard to build a fact-based case for Andrew Luck as Rookie of the Year.
                            Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
                              I don't think anyone's saying yardage is irrelevant. But using yardage and TDs as raw numbers when one player has 234 more passing attempts is not a fair measure of anything. Andrew Luck threw the ball 627 times, while Wilson and RG3 each had 393 attempts. So Luck had 59.5% more chances. Yet Wilson had more TD passes (26) than Luck (23), and RG3 (20) was right behind him.

Some interesting Andrew Luck statistics:

Completion Pct = 54.1 (31st overall, 5th among rookie QBs)
                              Yards per Attempt = 6.98 (17th overall, 3rd among rookies)
                              TD Passes = 23 (14th overall, 2nd among rookies)
                              Passer Rating = 76.5 (26th overall, 3rd among rookies)
                              INTs = 18 (T3 overall, most among rookies)

One last stat: ESPN's new QB rating system, the QBR:
                              Robert Griffin III -- 71.4, 6th overall
                              Russell Wilson -- 69.6, 8th overall
                              Andrew Luck -- 65.0, 11th overall

All this without even discussing rushing yds, rushing TDs, and fumbles lost -- all statistics that favor Griffin over Luck.

While his future is bright, it's actually pretty hard to build a fact-based case for Andrew Luck as Rookie of the Year.
                              Unless you're stupid and think yards are everything.

Comment

This will go back in history, people will ask, how the heck didn't Luck win rookie of the year, despite smashing the rookie passing record.
                                I doubt many people will ask that. 18 INTS, Passer rating not great, etc. Racking up yardage in a one-dimensional attack without regard for coughing up the ball doesn't come close to making a clear case for rookie of the year.
                                When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Working...
                                X