Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

College Football '10 - Conference switching chaos!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As long as Cincy, Boise and TCU get into BCS games, I'll be happy. That would be awesome.
    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• BK, Houston and Utah would get absolutely crushed by Florida, Alabama, UT, TCU, and Boise State, and would be most likely beaten by Cincy, Ohio State, Pitt, Oregon, and Georgia Tech.

Furthermore, ranking Boise 1st is STUPID because they would get beaten by Florida, Alabama, and Texas at the least, probably beaten by TCU, and any other team I just mentioned would give them a good fight and have a great chance of winning.
      Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/DaveDaDouche
      Read my seldom updated blog where I talk to myself: http://davedadouche.blogspot.com/

Comment

• BK, Houston and Utah would get absolutely crushed by Florida, Alabama, UT, TCU, and Boise State, and would be most likely beaten by Cincy, Ohio State, Pitt, Oregon, and Georgia Tech.
        Hence why I have them lower.

Furthermore, ranking Boise 1st is STUPID because they would get beaten by Florida, Alabama, and Texas at the least,
        Boise has beat a team other folks are quite high on. Last I checked they were PAC-10 champions. In their own house.

If they can beat the PAC-10 champs, I can't see why they don't deserve number 1.
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Originally posted by Boris Godunov View Post
          Charlie Weis is a dead man walking.
          Been that way for a couple of weeks. The Navy loss did him in.
          I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

• TCU will be in a Bowl game. I have no doubt. In a way, I wish they wouldn't be in one. That would make the BCS process really look dumb. Boise should be, also.
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Imran, I can't see both TCU & Boise State being placed in the same BCS bowl, for two important reasons:

1) The NCAA will want to spread the (falsely perceived) lack of drawing power around rather than have the Fiesta take two "shots" in the arm;
              2) TCU & Boise played each other in a bowl last year (when TCU upset Boise in the Poinsettia Bowl that Boise shouldn't have been in).

I also can't see the Fiesta passing on Oklahoma State should the Pokes beat Oklahoma next week, because the conference affiliation typically rules over all when it comes to replacement picks.

My projections right now:

National Championship: Florida vs. Texas
              Rose Bowl: Oregon vs. Ohio State
              Orange Bowl: Georgia Tech vs. Cincinnati
              Fiesta Bowl: Oklahoma State vs. TCU
              Sugar: Alabama vs. Boise State

Should Oklahoma State blow it, then I think we get Iowa vs. TCU instead, for two reasons:

1) Iowa really should be in front of Penn State in the pecking order (because of the higher BCS ranking and head-to-head win);
              2) Mandel from SI is on record as stating that there is a large alumni presence for Iowa in the area around Glendale, thus increasing their attractiveness as a draw specifically for the Fiesta

The only way Penn State gets in is at Boise's expense, IMO.
              CGN | a bunch of incoherent nonsense
              Chris Jericho: First-Ever Undisputed Champion of Professional Wrestling & God Incarnate
              Mystique & Aura: Appearing Nightly @ Yankee Stadium! | Red & Pewter Pride
              Head Coach/General Manager, Kyrandia Dragonhawks (2004 Apolyton Fantasy Football League Champions)

Comment

• Except that Alabama is going to beat Florida.
                The rest of it looks real to me.
                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

• I wouldn't be surprised at all, Sloww. I predicted an Alabama victory over Florida last year (in large part because I wanted to see a Florida vs. Utah "Urban Meyer Bowl" Sugar matchup) and Alabama is a stronger team this year, while Florida is an ever-so-slightly weaker one. It's going to be a hell of a game, that's for sure.
                  CGN | a bunch of incoherent nonsense
                  Chris Jericho: First-Ever Undisputed Champion of Professional Wrestling & God Incarnate
                  Mystique & Aura: Appearing Nightly @ Yankee Stadium! | Red & Pewter Pride
                  Head Coach/General Manager, Kyrandia Dragonhawks (2004 Apolyton Fantasy Football League Champions)

Comment

• It's fine with me if Florida wins. I'd rather Texas play them than Alabama.
                    I'll be torn on it. I want Alabama to tear Florida apart, BUT...

Comment

• I wonder why Michigan is keeping Rodriguez.
                      I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

• Michigan should hire Les Miles so LSU can hire Brian Kelly.
                        KH FOR OWNER!
                        ASHER FOR CEO!!
                        GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• You'd have to be a ****ing idiot to fire a coach after two years with no major NCAA violations.
                          Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
                          Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
                          One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

• Why?

Comment

• Maybe it's time Notre Dame thinks about a monumental change. One that goes deeper than the football coach. One that lets the Irish keep their national-championship options open but gives them other options as well.

Maybe it's time Notre Dame revisited joining the Big Ten. ...

At Notre Dame, having no conference pretty much puts the Irish on a jittery tightrope from the opening kickoff every season. The Subway Alumni need to realize the days of Rockne and Leahy and Ara -- and even Holtz -- are over. Everybody's on TV. Everybody can recruit and play a national schedule. ...

ND athletic officials ought to think seriously about what the ND academic community wanted when the Irish and the Big Ten had their discussions 10 years ago.

The faculty senate strongly believed joining the Big Ten would enhance ND as an academic institution. Which is reason enough. But joining a league also might improve life in the athletic department. Yes, the Irish would lose a bit of their unique mystique. But considering the way that has been going lately, that might be a good thing.

The money issue isn't nearly as significant as people think, and that could be worked out. A bigger issue might involve a traditionally independent athletic department learning to work with so many partners. But the benefits still outweigh the drawbacks.

Getting the basketball team out of the Too Big East is a no-brainer. Same with the non-revenue sports.

And for football, the Irish could shake the do-or-die mentality that comes with being an independent. There's nothing wrong with winning the Big Ten, or even a Big Ten division. And what's so terrible about playing for the Rose Bowl?

Scheduling wouldn't be that earth-shattering. The Irish already play three Big Ten teams. Perennials USC and Navy could be joined by two other nonconference opponents -- say, Boston College and Nevada this year -- that give the Irish their national presence. Why not trade in Washington, Washington State, Stanford, Pitt and UConn for Indiana, Illinois, Ohio State, NU and Minnesota? What's wrong with catering to ND's vast Midwestern base?

I think this makes sense. Notre Dame is a natural fit for the Big Eleven.
                              KH FOR OWNER!
                              ASHER FOR CEO!!
                              GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• That's a dumb article. It doesn't answer the question: What's in it for Notre Dame?

Comment

Working...
                                X