Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

College Football '10 - Conference switching chaos!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The program was pretty prestigious when Lou Holtz was coaching.
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
      I do think that the only people who think ND is the premier college football job are ND fans. ND hasn't been that prestigious for at least 10 years!
      I didn't say prestigious or premier, although I think that the job could pretty easily become the most prestigious again. The ND job provides quite a platform, but it's only what you make of it.
      I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

• You said "bigger stage". Close enough.
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• Bar none, the stage is bigger at ND. It's a media thing. ND's program is built to have nationwide reach and it certainly does. None others are.
          Last edited by DanS; November 23, 2009, 16:21.
          I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

• Bar none, the stage is bigger at ND.

I guess it would have to be to hold Charlie Weis up.
            Last edited by Drake Tungsten; November 23, 2009, 16:26.
            KH FOR OWNER!
            ASHER FOR CEO!!
            GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• Hey, that's clever. A fat joke!

Comment

• I do love ND fans too . They think people care more about them than they do Florida (for example).

Comment

• Hey, that's clever. A fat joke!

I was obviously referring to the great weight of his Super Bowl rings. You know, the ones that got Notre Dame to pay $40 million for a sub-Willingham coach...
                  KH FOR OWNER!
                  ASHER FOR CEO!!
                  GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• Weis was a much better caretaker than Willingham. The job is much more appealing now for prospective coaches than it was in 2004. Don't know whether ND's admin will take advantage of that. We shall see.

Comment

• So how well you take care of the program before you're fired is the new standard by which we judge Irish head coaches?
                      KH FOR OWNER!
                      ASHER FOR CEO!!
                      GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• That's the standard for how we judge bad ND coaches -- how we rank the suckitude. Willingham was ludicrous suck.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drake Tungsten View Post
                          So how well you take care of the program before you're fired is the new standard by which we judge Irish head coaches?
                          Well I guess you have to when you have to leave winning national championships to schools like Florida.

Comment

• That's the standard for how we judge bad ND coaches -- how we rank the suckitude. Willingham was ludicrous suck.

Well, normal people rank coaches based on wins and losses. Using that metric, Willingham had a slightly more successful tenure at Notre Dame than Weis.
                            KH FOR OWNER!
                            ASHER FOR CEO!!
                            GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• Why you're sucking Willingham's **** is beyond me. Who do you want to blow next? Kuharich?

Comment

• Why you're sucking Willingham's **** is beyond me.

I feel bad for the guy. He was a better coach than Weis and exactly the same as Davie, yet you gave the other two five seasons while you canned Willingham after three.
                                KH FOR OWNER!
                                ASHER FOR CEO!!
                                GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X