Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

College Football '10 - Conference switching chaos!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• While Texas has played beneath their ability at times, a game hasn't been given to them by the officials, unlike Florida.

If Sam Bradford doesn't get hurt, Texas doesn't beat Oklahoma.

The one that most intrigues me is Paul Johnson

For the life of me, I can't understand why Nebraska didn't hire him the last time around.

Our defense was in the toilet at the time and Pelini was just coming off coaching the defense of the national champions. Also, Pelini had a connection to the program and a large number of supporters within Nebraska that Johnson simply couldn't match.
    KH FOR OWNER!
    ASHER FOR CEO!!
    GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Drake Tungsten View Post
      While Texas has played beneath their ability at times, a game hasn't been given to them by the officials, unlike Florida.

If Sam Bradford doesn't get hurt, Texas doesn't beat Oklahoma.

Drake, that's called an opinion. Even had you put the ever-stupid "Fact!" on it, it's still just your opinion.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• You only won by three points against a Landry Jones-led Oklahoma team that just lost by seven to Nebraska. If Bradford plays that whole game, Texas loses. Fact!
        KH FOR OWNER!
        ASHER FOR CEO!!
        GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• I guess the moral of this story for a top program is not to hire an assistant coach as head coach. ND hasn't had success in doing so. The exception proving the rule is Stoops.
          I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
            Drake, that's called an opinion.
            A very solid opinion. To be charitable, Texas looked poor.
            I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

• Originally posted by Drake Tungsten View Post
              You only won by three points against a Landry Jones-led Oklahoma team that just lost by seven to Nebraska. If Bradford plays that whole game, Texas loses. Fact!
              You're brain dead. I can't believe I wasted time on you.
              Think what you want.
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

• Yes, I'm the brain-dead one, Sloww.
                KH FOR OWNER!
                ASHER FOR CEO!!
                GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• Sloww, he has you beat in this argument. Yeah, Texas won, and yeah it was ugly. Is Bradford worth at least 4 more points to Oklahoma than Landry Jones is? I think so.
                  Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/DaveDaDouche
                  Read my seldom updated blog where I talk to myself: http://davedadouche.blogspot.com/

Comment

• You think so, David. You THINK. Don't go weird like that other guy.

There's a hell of a lot more certainty to Florida should have lost.

Comment

• Both are counterfactual. It's a fact that Landry Jones < Sam Bradford. It's a fact that Texas JUST BARELY squeaked by OU, and even though the UT defense performed well, the UT offense was atrocious. While we don't know that Bradford would have beat Texas, it seems possible/likely.
                      Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/DaveDaDouche
                      Read my seldom updated blog where I talk to myself: http://davedadouche.blogspot.com/

Comment

• He wouldn't have beat them on defense. You acknowledge the Texas defense was strong. You say, the Texas offense was lagging. I fail to see your point.
                        Last edited by SlowwHand; November 12, 2009, 01:08.

Comment

• Texas' defense is good, but nothing special; it's probably the 3rd-best defense in the Big 12. I have no doubt that Bradford could have scored 4 more points on the Texas D than Landry Jones managed.

edit: I love being right...

SCORING DEFENSE.... Avg
                          --------------------------------------------------------------
                          1. Nebraska................ 10.3
                          2. Oklahoma............... 12.3
                          3. Texas..................... 12.4

Last edited by Drake Tungsten; November 12, 2009, 01:16.
                          KH FOR OWNER!
                          ASHER FOR CEO!!
                          GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• Drake, for the last time, none of that crap you're posting matters. If it makes you feel good, keep going. More power to you.

Comment

• It matters far more than this ****:

Florida should have a loss.
                              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• They should have.

Comment

Working...
                                X