Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

College Football '10 - Conference switching chaos!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top Ten...

1. Florida
    2. Cincinnati
    3. Alabama
    4. TCU
    5. Boise State
    6. LSU
    7. Texas
    8. Georgia Tech
    9. Oregon
    10. USC
    KH FOR OWNER!
    ASHER FOR CEO!!
    GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• If I heard correctly, Iowa was on the cover of Sports Illustrated this week... And Navy

1) Florida
      2) Texas
      3) Alabama
      4) Cincinnati
      5) Texas Christian
      6) Boise State
      7) Georgia Tech
      8) Iowa
      9) Pittsburgh
      10) Ohio State

with Oregon, Southern Cal, Miami (FL) and LSU hovering very close.

I really kinda had no idea what to do with 7-10, btw. Iowa doesn't fall as far as it normally would have because they lost due to an utterly shameful attempt to injure Iowa's starting QB (which succeeded).
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• I know, I know, the usual argument about the best team doesn't always win, but... I'm not sure how to justify Ohio State being the 2-loss team ranked in the top ten, especially with Oregon around.

1. Alabama
        2. Florida
        3. Texas
        4. Cincinnati
        5. Boise State
        6. Texas Christian
        7. Iowa
        8. Georgia Tech
        9. Pittsburgh
        10. Oregon

Next few, in no particular order: Utah, USC, Houston, Ohio State, LSU, Miami
        "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
        "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• This week for the unbeatens:

Florida at South Carolina
          Texas at Baylor
          Alabama at Mississippi State
          Cincinnati vs. West Virginia
          TCU vs. Utah
          Boise State vs. Idaho

Very, very interesting week coming up. No team has a straight-up gimme, with the top three going on the road. Texas and Alabama, in particular, should win, and in all likelihood will win handily, but road games this late in the year against inferior opponents are an invitation to "looking ahead" and a potential upset. Florida has a much tougher task at South Carolina; you know Spurrier would love to put this particular scalp on his wall.

The next three teams all have home games, but all of these are also potentially dangerous. The Mountaineers are the first true "name" opponent the Bearcats will face this season, and while they aren't as terrific as they once were, they are still a good team. TCU has the toughest opponent, by far, of any of the undefeated squads, facing Utah, the team the Horned Frogs are trying to emulate. Utah's only loss came on the road to Oregon; this will be the game of the week. Boise State should not have too much trouble at home against the Vandals, but rivalry games are always potentially dangerous.

All of the undefeated squads should win this week, but with so many potential upsets, I think only four will squeak through. I haven't the faintest idea who will fall, though. On paper, it looks like TCU, but I doubt it. Forced to pick, I'd say Florida and Cincy go down.

Comment

• Texas will kill Baylor.
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• 1. Florida
              2. Texas
              3. Alabama
              4. TCU
              5. Boise State
              6. Cincinnati
              7. Miami
              8. Georgia Tech
              9. Pittsburgh
              10. Iowa

And I agree, 7-10 are tough. I refuse to reward LSU for losing just because other top teams struggled, and I also refuse to heavily reward Georgia Tech heavily for barely squeaking through. LSU doesn't drop past 12 or so, but again, I'm not rewarding them for losing. OTOH, I have to reward Miami, given their pretty tough strength of schedule, and Pittsburgh has been impressive lately.
              Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/DaveDaDouche
              Read my seldom updated blog where I talk to myself: http://davedadouche.blogspot.com/

Comment

• BCS Standings
                (As of 11/08/2009)
                Rank School W-L Points Prev
                1 Florida 9-0 9842 1
                2 Alabama 9-0 9516 3
                3 Texas 9-0 9234 2
                4 TCU 9-0 8620 6
                5 Cincinnati 9-0 8580 5
                6 Boise St. 9-0 8126 7
                7 Georgia Tech 9-1 7552 10
                8 LSU 7-2 6138 9
                9 Southern California 7-2 5922 12
                10 Iowa 9-1 5755 4
                11 Ohio St. 8-2 5733 16
                12 Pittsburgh 8-1 5628 13
                13 Oregon 7-2 5318 8
                14 Miami (Fla.) 7-2 4712 17
                15 Houston 8-1 4691 15
                16 Utah 8-1 4003 14
                17 Arizona 6-2 3363 18
                18 Penn St. 8-2 3350 11
                19 Oklahoma St. 7-2 2909 19
                20 Wisconsin 7-2 2334 21
                21 Virginia Tech 6-3 2331 23
                22 BYU 7-2 1236 NR
                23 Oregon St. 6-3 1231 NR
                24 South Fla. 6-2 1084 25
                25 West Virginia 7-2 653 NR
                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

• Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
                  Florida has a much tougher task at South Carolina; you know Spurrier would love to put this particular scalp on his wall.
                  South Carolina has gotten pummelled in successive weeks by Tennessee and Arkansas, & are in their all too common late season swoon. I think Florida wins it.

TCU (9-0) vs. Utah (8-1) should be a great matchup, but I'm really going to enjoy watching Cincy (9-0) vs. West Virginia (7-2) - mostly because the offensive firepower is going to be super impressive. Collaros is getting the start for Cincy and I want to see the final numbers he puts up passing & rushing and the yards Gillyard (for Cincy) and Devine (for WVU) put up. It'll be super fun.
                  “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                  - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Bah, Oregon. Oregon, Oregon, Oregon. I had an ominous feeling going into the game, given what I'd seen out of Stanford before. Gerhardt (sp?) is a monster. Oregon will still probably win the Pac-10 though, and go to the Rose Bowl.

1. Florida
                    2. Alabama
                    3. Texas
                    4. Cincinnati
                    5. TCU
                    6. Boise State
                    7. Georgia Tech
                    8. Pittsburgh
                    9. Oregon
                    10. Iowa

The BCS having USC over Oregon is total BS. Stanford is a pretty good team, unlike the Huskies.
                    Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

• Blame the voters. Ohio State, USC, and Oregon are all 7-2; Oregon and USC have top-10 SOS, while OSU is in the 40s; Oregon crushed USC, who edged out OSU.

BUT, because Oregon lost most recently, they are ranked the lowest; Ohio State, with the least recent loss, is ranked highest.

Seriously, I just do not understand the people who vote in these polls. It defies all logic.

Comment

• Florida should have a loss.

Comment

• So should Texas.
                          KH FOR OWNER!
                          ASHER FOR CEO!!
                          GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• Well, it looks like Weis is going to be let go after the regular season because he won't win out the rest of the way. There are a number of interesting choices for a new coach. The one that most intrigues me is Paul Johnson, even though he isn't known as good on about 2/3rds of what the ND job entails -- public relations and recruiting.

For the life of me, I can't understand why Nebraska didn't hire him the last time around.

Others who are interesting to me are Gruden, Stoops, and Meyer (if he wants to go back to ND).
                            I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

• Can we interest you in a slightly used Zook?
                              Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Originally posted by Drake Tungsten View Post
                                So should Texas.
                                While Texas has played beneath their ability at times, a game hasn't been given to them by the officials, unlike Florida.

SEC suspends officials from Florida-Arkansas game
                                Oct 22, 2009 ... The same group of officials called the LSU-Georgia game earlier this ... Granted , this won't give Arkansas the win and Florida the loss, ...
                                Read more and see the video here:

What else, motor mouth?

Comment

Working...
                                X