Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

College Football '10 - Conference switching chaos!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eh, let's just see what happens. When McCoy wins out, then beats Florida, he'll win the Heisman.
    Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/DaveDaDouche
    Read my seldom updated blog where I talk to myself: http://davedadouche.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Oregon would beat Boise State if the game were today. Week 1 was, like, the paleolithic era compared to now. I seem to remember a lot of whining from Longhorns last year that they deserved to be in the BCS championship, despite having 1 loss.

And the Big 12 is weak overall this year, so Texas just hasn't had much in the way of competition. Have they beat 3 Top 25 teams this year, two by more than 25 points? Didn't think so.

And Masoli will definitely be strongly in the mix for a Heisman. Hell, LeMichael James might be, too, by the end of the regular season.
      Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

• The same Colt McCoy who is behind Pike, Tebow, Clausen, Kellen Moore of BYU, and a host of others to be 27th currently in passer rating in college football? Oh, he is also 26th in passing yards. His completion percentage is excellent though (2nd behind Nick Foles of Arizona) - of course his yards per attempt are 7.2 which is tied for 60th in the country.

If you are looking for a more deserving 'passer', Jimmy Clausen of Notre Dame is your man. If you are looking for a more deserving Quarterback... well, Tim Tebow is obvious.

Even if Texas goes undefeated, McCoy ain't winning it.
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• We all know the Heisman Trophy is tied to a winning team...which is why people like Clausen have ZERO chance. So let's just see how Texas finishes, and what kind of numbers McCoy puts up against such austere opponents as UCF and A&M.
          Read my seldom updated blog where I talk to myself: http://davedadouche.blogspot.com/

Comment

• The same Tim Tebow who could wind up with a worse stat line (except INTs thrown) than Pryor at the end of the season?
            "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
            'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• Originally posted by MRT144 View Post
              The same Tim Tebow who could wind up with a worse stat line (except INTs thrown) than Pryor at the end of the season?

In what sense:

Tebow right now has the 9th highest QB rating in the country.

Pryor is 63rd:

Sure Pryor has more yards, but a worse completion percentage and worse yards per attempt.

If we are basing things on yards, then Case Keenum of Houston should run away with it.
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• He could still wind up with a worse stat line than Pryor. Tebow being considered for a Heisman on Rating alone is an abomination.

As much as it pains me Clausen is shaping up to be the best QB this year.
                Last edited by MRT144; November 3, 2009, 00:09.
                "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• Tim Tebow will make a suitable player, probably. I don't know what position.
                  Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                  "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                  He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui

Comment

• Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
                      Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
                      One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

• "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                        "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Same picture could include Joe Paterno or Pete Carroll.

Comment

• I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

• I am interested to see what the Nebraska defense is made of today. I still feel we have one of the best defenses in the country, today can help prove it.
                              Some days are diamonds, some days are rocks...

Comment

• Originally posted by David Floyd View Post
                                Eh, let's just see what happens. When McCoy wins out, then beats Florida, he'll win the Heisman.
                                Umm, the Heisman will be voted on and handed out before Texas possibly plays Florida.

ACK!
                                Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Working...
                                X