Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think his idiot cousin was his advisor.

We're doing quite well without him, but I think he can help.
    I don't think he'll make the mistake Vernon Davis did and cross Singletary.
    And indeed there will be time To wonder, "Do I dare?" and, "Do I dare?". t s eliot

Comment

Done deal.

The San Francisco 49ers signed wide receiver Michael Crabtree to a six-year contract after several months of difficult negotiations.

Details of the contract weren't released, but a league source told NFL Network's Jason La Canfora that Crabtree received $17 million guaranteed in a six-year deal that has a base value of $32 million and a maximum value of $40 million.

Crabtree's contract voids to five years if he has Pro Bowl seasons in two of the first four years. In that case, the base value would be $28 million.

The 49ers had previously offered a five-year deal with about $16 million guaranteed, and the sides worked hard through the night, making some tradeoff in terms of the length of the deal, as well as the guaranteed money, according to the league source. Crabtree expressed a strong desire to be a 49er during his meeting with team officials, which proceeded the heavy negotiating.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by Supr49er View Post

At least Vernon got "the message" and is now buddy buddy with Singletary. I think their new relationship just highlights how good a coach he is.

Hopefully for SF, the crabber will come in and work his ass off, and NOT have an attitude. Because that won't fly well with the coach.
        Keep on Civin'
        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

The Crabber. Mr. Grumpy.
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Bears vs. 49ers on Thursday November 12. I'll be there, expecting a great game.
            And indeed there will be time To wonder, "Do I dare?" and, "Do I dare?". t s eliot

Comment

Originally posted by Supr49er View Post

Something in the Washington Post Express this morning said that MC Hammer was giving Crabtree financial advice. The person quoted joked that the guy who somehow blew through millions of dollars and went into bankrupcy is the WRONG guy to get advice from.
              Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Dammit Hasselbeck.
                Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Amazingly, you end up with a pretty favorable matchup on SD's bye week (although I can't imagine why Guy's got Henne starting over Ryan).
                  Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                  RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Well I'm hoping Delhomme does ok, and that's with a projection of 0 points for Cameron Wake.

I had Joey Porter awhile back, and was watching his progress. I was pleasantly delighted to see Cameron Wake who is a legend out here take his place for 18 points last week.

Surprised you gave up on Mike Bell.
                    Last edited by Ben Kenobi; October 8, 2009, 19:47.
                    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• There are plenty of 3rd stringers available. Enjoy.
                      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Week 5 is underway. I have a choice of probable mismatches -- Lions-Pitts or Minn-StL. Kind of sucks, but I see most of the early games are, um, non-marquee matchups.

Comment

• Poor Poor Raiders.
                          "

Comment

• I really can't feel sorry for them.

Comment

• How 'bout them ... Chiefs? 10-3 over Cowboys.
                              Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
                              Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
                              One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

• That dream has died. But the Bengals have beaten the Ravens.

Comment

Working...
                                X