Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't wait for Slowwy to weigh in. He may be ready to switch allegiance to the Saints after today.
    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
      Let's get a pool going on how long it takes Al Davis to wake up and ****can JaMarcus Russell.

Apparently he's displacing his Romo disgust onto JaMarcus (who does truly suck).
      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

You have to hand it to Denver for beating a quality opponent today. And their next 4 games should tell us all we need to know:
        I expect them to be 4-3.

They have won flukey games all season. As for Miami, they are likely done, depends on how well Henne can do.

Unless the Bronco defense is REALLY for real, they'll be a .500 team by mid-season. (Of course, I would have bet the house on Dallas today, so what do I know?)
        Broncos were lucky last season to be .500, and they usually play several games above their expected pythagorean. Bolts are the opposite here, and looking terrible against Pitt.

Edit:

This is the 4th 1st down the refs have given Pitt. Horrible officiating.

That plus the INT on Cromartie. I've never seen such garbage officials since Hochuli came to town last year. This is disgusting.
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by OzzyKP View Post
          True... but I heard it wasn't bad. Shouldn't be out long or at all.
          Stafford showed some real flashes today. Nice strong arm -- can really fire bullets and squeeze it into tight spaces.

Comment

Disgusting. 21-0. Chargers force a fumble but it's ruled down again.

Don't know what they can do except try to put some points up before the half.
            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

Sigh I hate Norv.

Why is he punting at 4-2 on his own 40? Disgusting call.

Goddamn, I miss Marty. He never would have done that bull****.

Comment

If they go for it and miss, they could have fallen further behind. Considering the Bolts' first-half offense, punting was the right call.

I don't have any great love for Norv, but he's not the one who's 6-for-15, and he's not the one who gave up 21 points. The Steelers put on a clinic in the first half.

Comment

If they go for it and miss, they could have fallen further behind.
                  You're already down by 21. You have to go for it. You only get so many opportunities to win the game, and that is one of them. Take the best shot you have.

Considering the Bolts' first-half offense, punting was the right call.
                  So you are basically saying you don't trust the offense. Why bother to come out in the second half when you can check into the bus and out the bye week and forfeit?

I don't have any great love for Norv, but he's not the one who's 6-for-15, and he's not the one who gave up 21 points. The Steelers put on a clinic in the first half.
                  Just not acceptable. I was calling for his head last year, and I'm calling for his head again. If you are supposed to be division contenders, you simply do not go down 21-0 to the steelers in the first half. Put it this way, they have given up more points than they have scored. In 4 games total. IMO, he's been horrible for the Chargers this season.

Comment

I see Ben is again in his blame-the-refs mode when the Chargers aren't getting it done.
                    Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
                    Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
                    One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

Man it's a good thing Norv didn't go for it on 4-2. 28-0.

Bye bye Norv!

Comment

I see Ben is again in his blame-the-refs mode when the Chargers aren't getting it done
                        The steelers rack up their first penalty of the game with 3 mins left in the 3rd quarter. If you think they are playing that cleanly, then I've got a bridge in brooklyn.

Comment

Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
                          Stafford showed some real flashes today. Nice strong arm -- can really fire bullets and squeeze it into tight spaces.
                          Yea, definitely. Considering this is just his fourth game, there seems to be a lot to be optimistic about.
                          Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Well, you just got gifted a TD from the refs Ben, so I don't think you can complain anymore
                            <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                            I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Coaches can only coach. Players have to execute.

And in the first half, the Chargers did not execute, on either side of the ball. It's really that simple.

Comment

Nice comeback by SD falls short. Does Turner get any credit, or is he just the punching bag when things don't go well?

Comment

Working...
                                X