Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, you just got gifted a TD from the refs Ben, so I don't think you can complain anymore
    They tried to overturn it but they couldn't. It was about time for some breaks to go their way.
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Nice comeback by SD falls short. Does Turner get any credit, or is he just the punching bag when things don't go well?
      2-2 toughest part of the season done. Even in points scored I think says it all.

Tell you what, I'll make you a deal.

If Norv goes 12-0, 11-1, or 10-2 the rest of the way, I'll wear a Norv Turner avatar, and I'll never complain about him ever.

If Norv goes 9-3, 8-4, or 7-5, I think he should stay on another year.
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

Does anybody call the defense for SD? I know no one plays defense.

ACK!
        Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

The Chargers need to get their running game clicking, which is odd. Either LT can go, or he can't. If he can't, then it's in their best interest to let Sproles try. They may wait until the season is statistically toast.

As far as the Cowboys go, it would be sweet to be able to have Barber, Jones and Choice all healthy at the same time.
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Does anybody call the defense for SD? I know no one plays defense.
            They picked on Cromartie all night. He may have played his last game as a charger.

Comment

The Chargers need to get their running game clicking, which is odd. Either LT can go, or he can't. If he can't, then it's in their best interest to let Sproles try. They may wait until the season is statistically toast.
              7 carries really isn't enough to evaluate LT. When you are down 28-0, there's not much you can do about the running game.

Comment

Yeah, the Steelers were overwhelming in time of possession. Willie Parker can grab some pine. I think he lost his job.
                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I think if anybody needs their feet held to the fire in SD, it's the defense. They just didn't get it done. Is Chico Rivera getting a free pass on this? The Steelers ran at will, both early and late.
                  Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                  RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

These are the linemen that the Chargers have:

Cesaire (295) - Nwagbuo (290) - Castillo (290)

English (255) - Cooper (235) - Burnett (240) - Phillips (262)

Jammer (204) - Hart (205) - Weddle (200) - Cromartie (203)

With everyone healthy, this is who they would run:

Cesaire - Williams (350) - Castillo

Merriman (272) - Cooper - Burnett - Phillips

Chargers are missing their nose, and Merriman is still injured. 3/4 is all about the nose. Chargers tried to compensate by doing something they rarely do and load up the box with DBs, as a result, leaving Cromartie in coverage.

Chicho Rivera gets a pass because he chopped a full TD off of the average for points scored against last season. Having a raw rookie as your nose is a precarious situation.

OLINE Steelers:

Starks (345) Essex (324) Hartwig (312) Komoeatu (344) Colon (315) Big weight difference.
                    Last edited by Ben Kenobi; October 5, 2009, 02:08.

Comment

Sounds like a litany of weak excuses. Loading the box didn't stop the run. And leaving the DBs on a single-coverage island was exposed because they didn't get enough pressure.

Sounds like poor game planning to me. But you think they should dump another starter (Cromartie) from an already-injured defense?

And give Chico a pass for what he did in the past? OK.
                      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

But you think they should dump another starter (Cromartie) from an already-injured defense?
                        Yes. Cason is ready to start in his position. They are actually OK in CB with Jammer + Cason.

They need another safety who can replace Hart. Pass D has always been suspect but until this year the lines have been ok. I'm trying to explain just how valuable Jamal Williams is to the Chargers D-Line wrt to their 3-4.

And give Chico a pass for what he did in the past?
                        For now, yes. Last season we went from 24 points a game under Cottrell, to 17 points a game under Rivera. The D was quite good against Miami, and adequate against Oakland and the Ravens. Up until this game, he has made the halftime adjustments necessary in order to give the Chargers a chance to succeed at winning the game.

Rivera has seen the Chargers at their absolute worst, and I trust him to make the changes necessary to fix the problems next week.

Comment

Do you think Favre is having "fun" tonight
                          Keep on Civin'
                          RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Yep... and the MIN O-line looks really, really good. That's the most scary thing of all of this - AP and Favre with a good line are basically unstoppable.
                            <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                            I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Yep... unstoppable. While they have shut down AP, the defense and Favre have excelled. They look good.
                              Keep on Civin'
                              RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Your brother must be happy... I'm really hoping for at least one good GB drive here ending in a passing TD. Bleck.
                                <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                                I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Working...
                                X