This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OzzyKP View Post
    Yea, definitely. Considering this is just his fourth game, there seems to be a lot to be optimistic about.
    And now he is injured. That is life in the NFL.
    "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
    'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Singletary has said, come on in, still. We'll see.

Report: Crabtree in San Francisco
      4:58 PM Tue, Oct 06, 2009 |

ESPN is reporting that Michael Crabtree met with the San Francisco 49ers about playing this season.

The former Dallas Carter quarterback and Texas Tech wide receiver was picked 10th overall by the 49ers in April's NFL draft. Crabtree was the second WR taken in the draft, behind Darrius Heyward-Bey (picked 7th by Oakland), even though Crabtree was widely regarded as a better player. Since then, Crabtree has been holding out for a contract more like Heyward-Bey's (5 years, $23.5 million guaranteed). The 49'ers offered Crabtree $16 million guaranteed as part of a 5-year deal.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

For your enjoyment:

Comment

So by how much do the 49ers lower their offer? 10% More? (And then this season is prorated to boot.)

There's no way I'd offer him the same deal.
          Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
          Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
          One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Avalon View Post
            So by how much do the 49ers lower their offer? 10% More? (And then this season is prorated to boot.)

There's no way I'd offer him the same deal.
            90% and do it with a smile.
            'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Supposedly, the same offer remained on the table today.
              Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

I would think it to be the same. Then both sides can claim that their's was the small victory.
                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

Crabtree has signed a six-year deal with the Niners.

In other news, Braylon Edwards was traded from CLE to NYJ

Comment

Braylon was traded for Chansi Stuckey, LB Jason Trusnik and undisclosed draft picks.

RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Crabtree's contract is being reviewed by the league, but it's confirmed he has signed. Initial reports are that he gained nothing for his holdout.

There's a voidable 6th year so he can save a little face (original offer was 5 yrs).
                      Last edited by -Jrabbit; October 7, 2009, 09:52.

Comment

It's not really the same if it's the same money but he plays fewer games this year.

Comment

Rush Limbaugh wants to buy the Rams! He could probably play for them.
                          Monkey!!!

Comment

He didn't really gain much... so he didn't play in some games... he's just more out of game shape, doesn't really know the system, his team mates will hate him, the coaches are disgusted with him...

I HOPE HE'S HAPPY... MORON
                            Keep on Civin'
                            RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Give me $16million guaranteed and I'll take all the abuse you can dish out.

I'm pretty sure Crabtree's people thought they had SF over a barrel. A young QB with no established receivers, mediocre team, so they figured the 49ers would struggle. But now that they're in first place, suddenly he wants in. Funny how that worked out.

Comment

Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
                                Give me $16million guaranteed and I'll take all the abuse you can dish out.

I'm pretty sure Crabtree's people thought they had SF over a barrel. A young QB with no established receivers, mediocre team, so they figured the 49ers would struggle. But now that they're in first place, suddenly he wants in. Funny how that worked out.
                                He should fire is agents and hire me for 100k.

Comment

Working...
                                X