This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
    You know, it must burn that someone who manages based on projections is 4-2 and you are 2-4.
    No, not in the slightest. Why would I care? Amazingly, I don't use fantasy football for anything more than fun. You are clearly having fun, and I can only see that as good.

In 2007 and 2008, I won the championships of all 5 leagues I played in. While I recognize that there's a strong element of randomness involved, I certainly don't need weekly validation that I know what I'm doing.
    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• HEY, did I hear that right? That tonight was the first and only 3 points Denver has given up in the 2nd half this season? That's incredible.
      And that's the best Norv can do? Goodbye. Hasta la vista Norv.

1. Without a healthy team, no coach in the world will win.
      1, count em 1 offensive touchdown? You have LT, Sproles, Rivers, Gates, Jackson all healthy.

2. Yes, there's a case to be made for a change in special teams coaches.
      3. Dude, there was like 1:08 left on that FG attempt. Get a grip.
      You have to try. You play to win the game.

4. And they went for it on 4th and 8 from the 38 (very Marty!) at about the 6 minute mark and failed. Sometimes, it's about the players not executing.
      That call I liked. Should have done it the second time.

5. Five plays later, Denver scores. Nice clutch defense.
      How are those sour grapes tasting? Norv had 2 chances to win the game, and failed both. The defense was not the problem here. They gave the offense the ball back with the lead halfway through the third. First time they've had that all season. Norv has to go.
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• BTW, I got an email from DOY today. he says he's been crazy busy and hopes to start paying attention to his team.
        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Royal 1 KR for TD, 1 PR for TD.

If they make that FG, then they're down 8 and can do an onside kick.
          Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
          Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
          One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

• DP

FIRE NORV
            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

• In 2007 and 2008, I won the championships of all 5 leagues I played in. While I recognize that there's a strong element of randomness involved, I certainly don't need weekly validation that I know what I'm doing.
              So why the digs at me? Yeah, I'm going to bet that Sproles runs a TD back every game. Or that in a 33 point game, Knowshon would only get 5 points.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
                BTW, I got an email from DOY today. he says he's been crazy busy and hopes to start paying attention to his team.
                Like I say, I played him already. I could vote to do his lineup, but that doesn't seem very fair. I would need to abstain.
                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• If they make that FG, then they're down 8 and can do an onside kick.
                  At 50+ yards, you might as well go for it.

Comment

• I know this is dangerous in the Beniverse, but let's try to apply some logic.

San Diego was down by 11 . That's 3+8.
                    It was 4th and 21 with 1:08 left.
                    Kicking the FG to get the 3 makes a huge amount of sense. Make it and you'd be down by one score with a minute left.

Even if you make the 21 yards by going for it, you're still down two scores, and with less time on the clock.

There's not a coach in the NFL who would have gone for that 4th-and-21, Ben. In fact, I don't have any doubt that the St. Marty would have kicked it, too.

Comment

• It really boils down to how much of a gunslinger the guy in charge is. I would have kicked it.
                      It's the kicker's moment, just like a Hail Mary is to a QB.
                      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

So why the digs at me?
                        Why are you taking this personally? You're a SD fan, you're online during the game, I make comments.

Welcome to Poly.

Comment

How are those sour grapes tasting? Norv had 2 chances to win the game, and failed both. The defense was not the problem here. They gave the offense the ball back with the lead halfway through the third. First time they've had that all season. Norv has to go.
                          I find this paragraph very confusing. San Diego gave up 34 points tonight -- 17 in each half -- and you're blaming the offense?

Wasn't it the defense that gave up the 9-play drive in the 3rd quarter that lost the lead?

Wasn't it the defense that, matador-like, gave up the TD that stretched the lead to 11 with 3 minutes to go?

There are 3 phases to the game. It seems to me that defense and special teams put the Chargers in a 34-point hole. That's an awful lot to ask any offense to overcome.

Comment

• Eddie Royal beat them.

Comment

• I find this paragraph very confusing. San Diego gave up 34 points tonight -- 17 in each half -- and you're blaming the offense?
                              Yes. 14 on ST, 20 on the Defense. 2 TDs and 2 FGs.

20 points is acceptable. Not great but winnable.

There are 3 phases to the game. It seems to me that defense and special teams put the Chargers in a 34-point hole. That's an awful lot to ask any offense to overcome.
                              STs put them down 7. Defense put them down 20. Between the two of them, they should have been able to overcome the difference. How much did the O actually get? 16 points. 1 TD and 3 FGs.

Let's take away all the STs, that makes the game 20-16 for Denver. Do I consider 16 points at a home game to be acceptable performance by the O? No.

Here's the kicker. Norv runs LT for the TD to start the game, that makes up the 4 point differential, and the team can put the loss on the ST. As it was, even if you take out the STs, the Chargers still lose.

Comment

• Here's the kicker. Norv runs LT for the TD to start the game, that makes up the 4 point differential, and the team can put the loss on the ST.
                                WTF, dude. You make a pretty big assumption there -- that LT automatically scores. And what is this about "putting the loss on the special teams"? Ludicrous.

Any analysis based on "what the offenses did" is just myopic. Do you discount offense TDs that happen on a short field due to returns or turnovers? You can't ignore the special teams, and you can't ignore the defense.

It's a team game.

Comment

Working...
                                X