Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I will say Cincy is looking damned good. Cedric Benson has been great for them and Carson Palmer is back to his old self (that one I saw coming... Benson I didn't).
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• I think Cincy this year is yet another example of 'a good, cohesive O Line makes everyone better'... their o-line is ranked 13th against the run and slightly better against the pass, which is not great but when you consider who they've faced this year (PIT, CHI, BAL, all teams theoretically good against the run) is pretty good; not only are o-line numbers only somewhat adjusted for opponent, but they are only 60% adjusted at this point in the season. I'd expect that 13th rank to move up. It's certainly better than in the past, in any event (dead last in run blocking and 25th in pass blocking).

What's also interesting is that CIN is great running to the left (in the top ten), but horrible running to the right (20th or so); but they run to the right nearly half again as often as they run to the left (36% off right tackle or right end, while 38% up the middle (between the guards), and 26% to the left. Not sure if that's a matter of better quality play to the left side, or opponents expecting runs right based on past history - but either way, they need to run left (and up the middle) more.
      <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
      I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• Oakland is a real challenge.

Sanchez was grilled Sunday after television cameras caught him trying to discreetly put mustard on a hot dog and eat it late in New York's 38-0 win at Oakland. He apologized after the game, saying he didn't feel well and needed to eat something. Sanchez added that "it won't happen again." Coach Rex Ryan said he was "disappointed" with Sanchez, but said the quarterback didn't mean to be disrespectful.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• What is the big deal about eating a dog on the sidelines. I can understand why they don't want someone stuffing their face but a single dog. Is it ok to eat a candy bar?
          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Maybe they thought eating a hot dog was being a hot dog.
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• A lot of people were saying how terrible it was. I just don't see it that way.
              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by rah View Post
                What is the big deal about eating a dog on the sidelines. I can understand why they don't want someone stuffing their face but a single dog. Is it ok to eat a candy bar?
                It's probably just an overreaction to the whole Michael Vick thing.
                Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• I didn't see him torture it prior to eating it

Seriously, is eating an energy bar equally considered bad?
                  RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by rah View Post
                    A lot of people were saying how terrible it was. I just don't see it that way.
                    I've no idea how this is an issue at all. The next major story must be about gatorade... "He drank the gatorade?! That was for pouring on the coach!"

Maybe in the nfl you have to ask to go on break before using the bathoom or getting something to eat or drink. On the bright side he didn't go outside for "fresh air" and smoke a cigarette. Or lose his helmet. Or have a cockfighting arena on the sideline.
                    Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

• exactly. How high up is eating a dog on the looking stupid meter.

I keep thinking of that scene in the replacements where the kicker is smoking on the field and Madden spots it.
                      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• The only thing I can think of is that to some it seemed like Sanchez was showing off? Implying that the game was already out of hand so he could get a bite to eat? Instead of Sanchez not feeling well and really needing some food in his body...
                        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• If he was actually showing off, i could see that, but looking at the film it did look like he was trying to be really discreet about it.
                          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• It wasn't really harmful and it was a 38-0 blowout so I don't see a problem.

Then again, it would have been more sensible if he walked off with a trainer and ate something inside instead of on the field, but that's hindsight.

Comment

• Horrible... Nahhhhhh...

But an opportunity for pissed off Jet fans to have something to attack... You bet!

If they had been winning 38 - 0, the response would have been totally different
                              Keep on Civin'
                              RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Umm, Ming, they were winning 38-0...
                                <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                                I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Working...
                                X