Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No pass rush. None. Now 21-0 -- only 19 minutes played.

And the offense looks just as sad.
    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
      Curtis Benson looks like he's back at Texas. Three years we waited for this, and he just piddled it away, letting blades of grass tackle him. Now he's unstoppable...
      Well, if you had called him Cedric instead of Curtis, maybe he would have played harder.

ACK!
      Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

• Get the impression Lance Briggs is the only guy playing particularly hard on defense right now...
        <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
        I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• Bah, this is embarassing. Only reason I'm watching is to see how my fantasy players do. Best outcome at this point is that I win my matchup (looking okay so far) and no serious Bears injuries... and perhaps someone gets his ass ****ed for this pathetic performance. Not sure whom yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tuberski View Post
            Swiftly turning into Smith-Davis.

QB controversy in SF!!!!!!

ACK!
            I always thought they gave up on Smith too early in San Fran.
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Smith earned his benching fair and square in SF. He was terrible for 2 years. Probably (almost certainly) was thrown to the wolves too early (Mike Nolan's fault). Not many QBs come up from the NCAA ready for the NFL, but with the success of Rivers, Manning, Big Ben (what a great QB crop that year!), and with the price that a first-round QB commands, the new tendency is to throw them out there to see what you've got.

Maybe he's ready now.
              Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• On the other hand, he was coming from a totally different system to a pro-style system and needed a few years of conditioning before he was going to be ready. Kind of like how the Titans handled Steve McNair.

And recall, Rivers didn't really play that much until his 3rd season. He played 2 games in both his rookie and 2nd seasons, and didn't start in either.
                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• Rivers didn't start until 2006, the big breakout season where the Bolts went 14-2. After a loss at Baltimore, Schottenheimer switched his gameplans from 'martyball' to "partyball", and opened stuff up for Rivers. Before that he was behind Flutie and then Brees, until Brees got injured in 2005, in a meaningless game.

Since then he's been a stud, although it wasn't until last year that he topped out at over 4000 yards. As much as I like him, I'd rather have Brees.
                  Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                  "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                  2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Now, the interesting question is what if Smith does really well this year? Not saying it will happen, but what if he does? That will have VERY interesting effects on Tim Tebow's draft status, as Tebow plays in the same system as Smith.

Comment

• I don't forsee Tebow becoming a starting NFL QB, but who knows.

Comment

• That is a big argument right now, though... because you know that some team (Oakland? ) will attempt to draft him as such.

Actually, Tampa may think of it... being an hour from Gainesville doesn't hurt matters.

Comment

• Why wouldn't he do well. He's much better than JaMarcus.
                          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

• Vince Young and Alex Smith were two arguments against Tebow. He plays in a system unlike any pro-style offense.

Comment

• I don't think he'll make a better QB than Jamarcus, although who knows. He's certainly a poorer prospect at this point as a QB. Jamarcus' arm is much better, and his system was more pro-style than Tebow's. Heck, I wouldn't be shocked to see Jamarcus turn into a passable QB when he finds a decent team and coach.

Tebow should be either a wildcat QB [say, for MIA, though they already have one], or a some sort of WR/RB/TE combo type depending on his size gaining ability [he needs to be bigger]. He may well be good enough to be a starting NFL player at that, but I imagine wildcat QB at most really. Unless he starts as that and then takes three years or so to learn how to be a real QB.

Comment

• Dunno why folks are so down on him. Everyone takes development to reach NFL calibre. JaMarcus, great arm, no brain.

Comment

Working...
                                X