This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roy Williams . Worst trade ever.
    Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. -Homer

Comment

• Wow, gutsy 4th down call, but it may have backfired.

Game over.
      Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
      Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
      One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

• Reggie Wayne ties it up.

Since I've lost, I hope Manning takes Belichick to the woodshed.

Suck it Belicheat! 9-0 Colts!
        Last edited by Ben Kenobi; November 16, 2009, 00:47.
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Stupid call. Sure they got screwed on a bad spot, but doing that on your own 28? Idiotic. The idea was to (virtually) end the game with a first down, but it gives up 40+ yards of field position and puts your defense on the field right after you told them you don't believe they can get a stop.

NE used up their timeouts (wasting two of them) and it cost them bigtime. I feel sorry for whoever they play next.
          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Race for #1

KC didn't do themselves any favors by beating Oakland - now they both have 2 wins.

Still swirling the drain: Cleveland, Detroit, St. Louis and Tampa Bay.

Cleveland hosts Baltimore Monday night. Can you say 'House'?
            Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
            Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.

Comment

• If the Pats had punted, the game might have ended the same - Colts running out the clock and scoring. By turning it over on downs, maybe the Colts might have scored too quickly.

I'm down with the Pats beating up on the Jets next week.

Comment

• Welp, there goes my division, Cards will run away with it
                Order of the Fly
                Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

• @ Belicheck

Talk about outsmarting yourself. And giving Peyton Manning that short of a field?! They deserved to lose.
                  “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                  - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Haha Pats!

that's all I have to say
                    Monkey!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
                      I've gotta say, Cincinnati has impressed the hell out of me today.
                      No one ever believes me when I say they'll have a good season.

Note: Even I don't say it very often - the last time was in 2005.
                      Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

• Cincy is really on a roll. And when you consider their unlucky loss to Denver, they really should only have one loss.

At first, I wasn't a "belilever" because of their terrible season last year... but now, I have to admit they are currently one of the best teams in the NFL.
                        Keep on Civin'
                        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• What amazes me is how their defense has come together. Their offense is fine, with nice balance, but is not as explosive as it was in the glory days.

Sunday was a real test -- divisional opponent, defending champs, missing 4 defensive starters -- and they really came through. Extremely impressive. And a huge win for a beleaguered coach.
                          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Tennessee Titans 86 year old owner Bud Adams flipping the bird at the Buffalo Bills in today's game. Roger Goodell was in his box.

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

What amazes me is how their defense has come together. Their offense is fine, with nice balance, but is not as explosive as it was in the glory days.

Sunday was a real test -- divisional opponent, defending champs, missing 4 defensive starters -- and they really came through. Extremely impressive. And a huge win for a beleaguered coach.
                              Cincy also just signed Larry Johnson, who might change his name to Larry Dos Siete.

Comment

Stupid call. Sure they got screwed on a bad spot, but doing that on your own 28? Idiotic. The idea was to (virtually) end the game with a first down, but it gives up 40+ yards of field position and puts your defense on the field right after you told them you don't believe they can get a stop.

NE used up their timeouts (wasting two of them) and it cost them bigtime. I feel sorry for whoever they play next.
                                It wasn't a terrible call to go on 4th and 1. Certainly not a safe call, but not as awful as it has been portrayed. They had a chance to put the game away. It was a gamble that I've made several times playing NCAA College Football 09.

I don't think the spot was bad, however--the ref's call was spot-on, based on what I saw. He didn't have control of the ball until he had been pushed back across the first down marker.

Perhaps after the turnover, it would have been smarter to let the Colts score right away and use the remaining ~2 minutes to try and get in field goal range. But that would have been a double insult to the Pats' defense, I suppose.

The wasted time outs were the biggest blunders, IMO.
                                Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Working...
                                X