Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OK. here we go -- Cutler in the red zone, game on the line.

13 seconds, 12 yards, one TO left.
    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• INT

Amazing
      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Man I miss playing Cutler twice a year.

Thanks for denying Olson the TD.

Where on earth were the receivers? Olsen and Forte were the only ones catching anything.
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Jr, if you were talking about the interception that I think you are, I think I know. They showed it on replay but never brought up this theory.
          I think that the referee MAY have seen it as the defender going to a spot on the field.
          Both sides can go to a spot. Both have claim. In looking at the replay, it looked to me that's what happened.
          If a defender goes to a spot on the field that interrupts tha pattern, that's too bad for the offense.
          I could be wrong, but it would make sense.
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• If he gets there before the ball does, it is interference.

Comment

• The really sad thing is that Orton would have won that game.
              And I never thought I'd ever say that.
              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• I dunno. The last Chicago QB with 5 INTs in one game?

Kyle Orton.

Comment

• Another bad game to watch... another exercise in frustration.

Well now the season is over for sure. A gallon of Bears kool aid isn't enough anymore. It's OVER.
                  Maybe they can use the rest of the year to get the offensive line's act together, and teach Cutler to not stare at his primary receiver from the start of the play.
                  Keep on Civin'
                  RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Jay Cutler is starting to look like a rich man's Jake Delhomme.

Comment

• I haven't given up on Jay yet. Jake had some players around him, Jay really doesn't. When Devon Hester is your best receiver, and the offensive line sucks, it's really hard to judge just how good or bad Jay really is.
                      Keep on Civin'

Comment

• I think there is dual buyers remorse here... one from Bears fans and one from Cutler as he sees how Denver is doing.
                        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• I still don't regret the deal. It's a lot easier to build around a talented QB than to compensate for a mediocre one. To those who say Cutler won't get the Bears to the Super Bowl, I say: neither would Orton. Remember, they've missed the playoffs for three years running prior to this.

Comment

• Yes, but the price was steep. Two first rounders and a third (and a fifth coming back) can most definitely help a team get to the promised land.
                            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Agreed, but the Bears' success rate with first-day picks is atrocious, so I don't see it as being as big a loss as it would have been for a team that can draft worth a damn.

Good luck to Denver. They have a decent infrastructure in place and the draft picks to augment them. Their upside is potentially huge, and I'm OK with them being successful.

Comment

• dat true...

I'd rather have the possiblity of a franchise QB, then having a marginal "game management" type QB.
                                Now it's time to start putting the pieces in place around him. He's got the talent and is still in his learning period. It's not like we have a limited window of opportunity here, I'm more interested in the long term... building a team that can win consistently. You can do that with a real and young QB.

Sports radio in Chicago was just TRASHING the Bears orginization this morning. While Cutler was taking some abuse for poor decision making (dat true) the bulk of the trashing was aimed at the coaching staff and GM.
                                A few even suggested that we needed to totally clean house so that a new group could come in and build around the one thing we do have... Jay Cutler.
                                Keep on Civin'

Comment

Working...
                                X