Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You can't release a guy who never signed.

Crabtree is an absolute idiot. There's no way he can make up for the lost year in cash. Plus he loses goodwill, meaning fewer endorsement opportunities, etc. And when he finally does play, you can bet his opponents will work to make his life on the field as difficult as possible.

The only thing this could possibly be based on, is the thought that he can somehow demand more if 2010 turns out to be (as expected) a year without a salary cap. He doesn't seem to realize that he is running a very real risk that the next CBA will include an NBA-style rookie salary slotting system.

I SO hope he gets burned.
    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• I think everyone aside from Crabtree does as well. Even in 2010 is an uncapped year, he has to realize that the owners will basically consider that a CBA will be signed sometime into the future.

Add to that that he's spent a year out of playing and has a MASSIVE attitude problem. Where does he think he's going to get drafted?
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Oakland?
        <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
        I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• Hilarity would definitely ensue!
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• All he needs now is a firearms charge at a strip club and he can join Pacman and Plaxico among the NFL's all-about-me elite.
            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• No, a firearms charge while at a dogfight with a stripper. Get it right

Comment

• Originally posted by snoopy369 View Post
                Oakland?

I hope even Oakland would wait a few rounds before drafting him. Imagine watching Crabtree while the rounds go by and no one picks him.

Actually, he'd have to wait overnight, right? Aren't they doing a couple rounds Friday night in the next draft?
                Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
                Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
                One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

• Didn't Crabtree say he thought Al Davis made a mistake by overlooking him? I mean seriously. Players are trying to get away from Oakland and Crabtree wanted to be drafted by them? He's crazy.
                  Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                  "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                  2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• The Raiders drafted the first WR at #7. Also that would mean slightly more money than #10 (but still not top 3 money).
                    Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
                    Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lord Avalon View Post
                      I hope even Oakland would wait a few rounds before drafting him. Imagine watching Crabtree while the rounds go by and no one picks him.

Actually, he'd have to wait overnight, right? Aren't they doing a couple rounds Friday night in the next draft?
                      They've always (since the last few years anyway) done 1+2 on the first day, then 3-7 the other days. Now they're talking about doing round 1 separately from the others (so, I imagine, 1, then 2-3, then 4-7). See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NFL_Dra...ng_draft_order for more details.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                        Didn't Crabtree say he thought Al Davis made a mistake by overlooking him? I mean seriously. Players are trying to get away from Oakland and Crabtree wanted to be drafted by them? He's crazy.
                        I don't think he was suggesting he wanted to be drafted by them; in fact if I recall the interview, he appeared somewhat relieved when OAK did not pick him. The statement "Al Davis made a mistake by overlooking me" is not necessarily equivalent to "I wish Al Davis had picked me."

Comment

They've always (since the last few years anyway) done 1+2 on the first day, then 3-7 the other days. Now they're talking about doing round 1 separately from the others (so, I imagine, 1, then 2-3, then 4-7). See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NFL_Dra...ng_draft_order for more details.

I didn't actually see 2010 info from that link, so now that I have some more time (here at work), I found this, which says that rd 1 will be THURSDAY night, 2-3 Friday night, and the rest Saturday.

I remembered something about Friday, but Thursday, too? How ****ing stupid!

Comment

• BTW, LOLions on an 0-18 streak

Urlacher had surgery. Done for season.

Polamalu will not have surgery. Out 3-6 wks.

Eagles signed Garcia.

Panthers signed AJ Feeley.

Comment

I don't think he was suggesting he wanted to be drafted by them; in fact if I recall the interview, he appeared somewhat relieved when OAK did not pick him. The statement "Al Davis made a mistake by overlooking me" is not necessarily equivalent to "I wish Al Davis had picked me."
                              Correct. It's a reference to Oakland taking Heywood-Bey as the first WR drafted -- a widely-held opinion.

Comment

• Looking better all the time, though, isn't it...

Though if he does finally sign with SF, I predict he's either going to shape up, or be cut within the first season. Singletary has an amazing way with players, and is the ultimate 'no crap from anyone' guy. If anyone can reform a character like Crabtree, it's him.

Comment

Working...
                                X