Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brett Kavanaugh, great justice or greatest justice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Proteus_MST View Post

You mean, like you constantly are ignoring Giancarlo?
    Lol. He got tired of getting the wind kicked out of him. Lol. Beaten by an emo. Must have destroyed his little shred of masculinity.
    For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

• Originally posted by Kidicious View Post

No. You're a liar and a piece of ****. I'm going to start ignoring you because you are useless.
      And this one falls in the same place... Keep this kind of crap up and you aren't long for this site...
      Keep on Civin'
      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Wow. Gian swears every post at me. *crickets*.
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Women don't come forward with allegations because of fear and threats. Specifically from stupid men like you.
          Still doesn't answer the question why she never brought up the allegations back in 2003. Surely they were just, if not more relevant then?

Also, why didn't Feinstein bring these up during the Kavanaugh hearings?

Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

• Berzerker
            Berzerker commented
            Editing a comment
            Feinstein was asked to keep her identity confidential

• 1) it didn't happen to Gorsuch because he didn't sexually assault a woman, or not one willing to come forward anyway
          Neither did Kavanaugh. Why didn't Ford press charges back in 1982?

2) Ford didn't act until he was on the short list for SCOTUS, his power was limited to a lower court with judges above him and she was unwilling at that time to expose herself to the circus
          Did she say that? Or is this speculation on your part? Ford had multiple chances to disclose this information prior to now. You're right that it's being done now, and you're right that a SCOTUS nomination is the purpose. She wanted to block his nomination and smear him. She failed on both counts.
          Ford’s husband, Russell Ford, said in his affidavit that he first heard about his wife’s experience with an assault when they were married in 2002, but that he did not know the details of the alleged incident until a couple’s therapy session about 10 years later.
          He also testified that she never claimed that whomever assaulted her was Kavanaugh. I don't see any evidence on Ford's side that she claimed it was Kavanaugh before 2018.

Ford wrote that his wife named Kavanaugh
          He said just the opposite, that she never claimed it was Kavanaugh, all the time they were together.

4) She couldn't remember the date and it doesn't matter if the other people could remember, they weren't the victim of sexual assault. I've been to countless parties I cant remember because nothing out of the ordinary happened to me. But Kavanaugh's calendar did show a date - July 1st 1982. That was in the time frame and according to the calendar entry, the 3 boys she named are on it. Thats why Kavanaugh came up with that nonsense about how he couldn't have been at the party because he only attended parties on the weekends and he spent weekends that summer out of town.
          This is why you file back in 1982 and not 35 years later. She can't remember a date and all the people who she claims were there do not corroborate her statement that there was such a party or that Kavanaugh was even in the same room as her. There's no evidence Berz. Accusing someone of attempted rape is serious business. False accusations are extremely damaging, which is why Ford needed to have substantial evidence in her favor. Is there any physical evidence that Kavanaugh was there? No. Do any of the people who were there corroborate her statement? Also no. Is there a picture showing Kavanaugh and Ford together at a party? Nope.

We have someone who doesn't have a date, doesn't know when the alleged party occurred, doesn't remember who was there, doesn't remember where it was, and yet is 100 percent certain that she was groped, that whomever groped her 'had the intent to rape her', and that the man who did this was Kavanaugh.

If she provided a date and place, it could be refuted easily by Kavanaugh. Which is why she hasn't provided those details. I see no evidence that they even met back then. Open an dshut.

5) Feinstein was asked by Ford to keep her identity confidential. Ford initially went to Eshoo (her congresswoman) and she did this trying to get the message to Trump to choose someone else. That didn't work for whatever reason (maybe Eshoo and Feinstein didn't tell Trump) so Ford was faced with remaining anonymous and watching Kavanaugh be confirmed without people knowing about him or eventually coming forward at great risk to herself and family. She's got bigger balls than Trump and Kavanaugh combined.
          Which raises the question why Feinstein didn't respect Christine's explicit wishes, and why she released her statement contrary to her wishes after the Kavanaugh hearings?

Doesn't sound like someone who gives a damn about Christine. Sounds like someone using Christine for political purposes.

Comment

• There is a chance that she was not aware of his confirmation in 2003. I wasn't until recently.

and the other question has been answered so many times, I'm not sure what benefit there is in to keep asking it.

Doesn't sound like someone who gives a damn about Christine. Sounds like someone using Christine for political purposes.
            Has nothing to do with the actual accusation.
            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• There is a chance that she was not aware of his confirmation in 2003. I wasn't until recently.
              The problem for me is that there's not even a diary reference. There's nothing written down by Christine prior to 2018 referring to Kavanaugh. I'd find it much more believable if she had, say, a diary from 1995 where she talks about what Kavanaugh did to her. That would be substantive evidence in her favor, but there's nothing. I would love to see a photo of her and Kavanaugh from the 80s, because that would show me that they actually knew each other even if they were acquaintances, but there is nothing.

All the evidence that she does cite (most of it circumstantial), the only written evidence is the therapist's notes in 2013. And they don't mention Kavanaugh.

Whereas Kavanaugh has names, places, dates, people, and the people confirm his version of events. Looking at the preponderance of evidence, I have to go with Kavanaugh. Even though he's not the accuser, he still is better prepared than Christine, who has had ages to prepare a statement. Kavanaugh's had all of a couple of weeks.

The other problem is this. The only thing that Ford and Kavanaugh have in common is that they grew up in the same town. What would you think if some girl from your hometown claimed you tried to rape her when she was 16, and you 18? And you'd never heard of the lady before in your life? I think you'd respond much the same way as Kavanaugh would, but it certainly wouldn't be an easy time for you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kidicious View Post

timeline is a table
                Thx Kid... I typed out a long response and Poly ate it trying to see a preview and I'm not doing that again. So quote the parts you consider impeachable and I'll address them. I did read thru it all and I dont see anything that discredits her, so pick out what you think does.

Comment

• None of that has anything to do with her possibly not being aware of his confirmation in 2003.

And yeah 35 years is a long time for things to get cloudy. But in the end, her testimony was believable and his was not.

And for me, how he responded demonstrated to me that he doesn't have the demeanor I consider necessary to sit on the highest court of the land. Yes, that's just my opinion.
                  If he had just said that he sometimes drank in excess like most younger people did at one time, then all of his other claims would have been more believable. It was obvious he was lying about that and it colored the rest of his testimony.

Why was he so elaborate in his lie . Granted he was being accused of something grave and and I might have responded with equal animosity, but then I don't think I have the demeanor to sit on the highest court either.

He was going to be confirmed regardless of what he said so why did he have to look so incompetent doing it? He came off as an entitled rich kid.

It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                  RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by Berzerker View Post

Thx Kid... I typed out a long response and Poly ate it trying to see a preview and I'm not doing that again. So quote the parts you consider impeachable and I'll address them. I did read thru it all and I dont see anything that discredits her, so pick out what you think does.
                    You are kidding me. I'm not going to bother with you. You are with them. You know damn well that it's a false accusation. All of you do. You are all false accusers.
                    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• Kidlicious
                      Kidlicious commented
                      Editing a comment
                      That's an expert opinion on her testimony. It's her questions, which she asked for a reason. She put her professional reputation on the line. Frankly I don't give a **** what you think, but I think you are full of ****.

• Berzerker
                      Berzerker commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Nope, not kidding... But if you will pick out the parts you consider impeachable I will address them.

• Kidlicious
                      Kidlicious commented
                      Editing a comment
                      It's the whole thing. Already told you that.

• that's basically what Brett said in his opening. And that we would pay. Which normally would have disqualified him for a non-partisan position on the highest court in that land.
                    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post

Did she say that? Or is this speculation on your part? Ford had multiple chances to disclose this information prior to now. You're right that it's being done now, and you're right that a SCOTUS nomination is the purpose. She wanted to block his nomination and smear him. She failed on both counts.

He also testified that she never claimed that whomever assaulted her was Kavanaugh. I don't see any evidence on Ford's side that she claimed it was Kavanaugh before 2018.

He said just the opposite, that she never claimed it was Kavanaugh, all the time they were together.

This is why you file back in 1982 and not 35 years later. She can't remember a date and all the people who she claims were there do not corroborate her statement that there was such a party or that Kavanaugh was even in the same room as her. There's no evidence Berz. Accusing someone of attempted rape is serious business. False accusations are extremely damaging, which is why Ford needed to have substantial evidence in her favor. Is there any physical evidence that Kavanaugh was there? No. Do any of the people who were there corroborate her statement? Also no. Is there a picture showing Kavanaugh and Ford together at a party? Nope.

We have someone who doesn't have a date, doesn't know when the alleged party occurred, doesn't remember who was there, doesn't remember where it was, and yet is 100 percent certain that she was groped, that whomever groped her 'had the intent to rape her', and that the man who did this was Kavanaugh.

If she provided a date and place, it could be refuted easily by Kavanaugh. Which is why she hasn't provided those details. I see no evidence that they even met back then. Open an dshut.

Which raises the question why Feinstein didn't respect Christine's explicit wishes, and why she released her statement contrary to her wishes after the Kavanaugh hearings?

Not only does she not have evidence, which makes it a he said/she said case, but she has a possible ulterior motive (political) and she does not have a credible story (per Mitchell). And on to that, she said that she had evidence, but didn't produce it.
                      I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                      - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• Berzerker
                        Berzerker commented
                        Editing a comment
                        The prosecutor didn't refute her story, she called attention to discrepancies that have explanations

• Kidlicious
                        Kidlicious commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Three pages of problems, and no there were no explanations.

Wow. Gian swears every post at me. *crickets*.
                      My swearing is directed at your argument. Not you personally.
                      For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

Based on your logic Bill Cosby, Bill Clinton and Harvey Weinstein didn't sexually abuse women until they were charged - and Clinton wasn't charged, so do you think Kathleen Willey and Juanita Broaddrick lied? I dont...and I dont think Ford is lying either. We have plenty of character witnesses showing Kavanaugh was a drunken scumbag, even a book by his buddy Mike Judge. In that book Judge calls him Bart. What did Kavanaugh say when he was asked if he was the same Bart? You'd have to ask him (Judge). Really? We know his nickname was Bart, he even signed a letter as Bart Kavanaugh and now he's playing dumb. There's your liar.

My speculation based on her testimony, she didn't even want to come forward now.

Her husband's affadavit claims she told him Kavanaugh's name several years ago

Ford’s husband, Russell Ford, said in his affidavit<....>

Ford wrote that his wife named Kavanaugh

Did Juanita Broaddrick smear Clinton? She accused him more than 2 decades later after denying it even happened.

Who can remember dates? She's spent decades trying to forget about this. She said it happened the summer of '82... Do we have any evidence of a party then? Yes, Kavanaugh's own calendar.

Feinstein said she released Ford's letter to the FBI when reporters showed up at Ford's home asking about her accusation and that someone else leaked her identity. Ford did contact the Washington Post and Congresswoman Eshoo before a letter was sent to Feinstein, so its possible Feinstein wasn't the leaker.

I would love to see a photo of her and Kavanaugh from the 80s, because that would show me that they actually knew each other even if they were acquaintances, but there is nothing.
                        Did Kavanaugh deny knowing her? She named 3 boys - Kavanaugh, Judge and PJ - at the party. The same 3 boys appear on Kavanaugh's July 1st '82 calendar entry at a party. She said this happened before she got her license at age 16 - she turned 16 about 4 months after July 1st. So we know the time frame. She also said she saw Mike Judge a few weeks after the incident, he was working at a local store. This stuff can be tracked down if the GOP was looking for the truth.

Comment

• Based on your logic Bill Cosby, Bill Clinton and Harvey Weinstein didn't sexually abuse women until they were charged
                          Let's parse these out. Cosby's accusers (plural), took him to court and won. Weinstein's did the same. Why didn't Christine take Kavanaugh to court?

The answer is that the prosecutors themselves have stated that the evidence that she submitted would be insufficient to pursue a search warrant let alone file a civil case, let alone file a criminal case. The preponderance of evidence is massively in Kavanaugh's favor.

Now, Clinton is a different matter. His reckoning may come. We shall see.

We have plenty of character witnesses showing Kavanaugh was a drunken scumbag
                          Who?

We have fourteen women who testified that Kavanaugh was a gentleman. All have known him for many years. All of the people that Ford brought stated that they believed Kavanaugh's account over Ford..

, even a book by his buddy Mike Judge. In that book Judge calls him Bart. What did Kavanaugh say when he was asked if he was the same Bart? You'd have to ask him (Judge). Really? We know his nickname was Bart, he even signed a letter as Bart Kavanaugh and now he's playing dumb. There's your liar.
                          So, we have Judge who can't even spell his name correctly. Does it sound like he was a particularly close friend or a reliable witness on Kavanaugh?
                          My speculation based on her testimony, she didn't even want to come forward now.
                          That doesn't answer the question as her testimony never dealt with the question as to why she didn't bring this up in 2003 when he was nominated for the Appellate court.

Her husband's affadavit claims she told him Kavanaugh's name several years ago
                          Where? Do you have a source for that?

Who can remember dates?
                          Kavanaugh.

She's spent decades trying to forget about this. She said it happened the summer of '82... Do we have any evidence of a party then? Yes, Kavanaugh's own calendar.
                          We have evidence supplied by Kavanaugh himself that he had parties that summer, yes.

But do we have evidence that Christine was there for any of those parties?

Feinstein said she released Ford's letter to the FBI when reporters showed up at Ford's home asking about her accusation and that someone else leaked her identity.
                          So why didn't Feinstein bring the accusation before the Senate back in July when she knew about it?

Ford did contact the Washington Post and Congresswoman Eshoo before a letter was sent to Feinstein, so its possible Feinstein wasn't the leaker.
                          Doubtful. We have evidence that Feinstein knew about it and she has a motivation to leak the story.

She named 3 boys - Kavanaugh, Judge and PJ - at the party.
                          Still doesn't answer my question. Is there a picture showing Kavanaugh with Christine in 1982?

The same 3 boys appear on Kavanaugh's July 1st '82 calendar entry at a party.
                          They also appear in Judge's book, which Christine read prior to ever making accusations against Kavanaugh.

She said this happened before she got her license at age 16 - she turned 16 about 4 months after July 1st. So we know the time frame. She also said she saw Mike Judge a few weeks after the incident, he was working at a local store. This stuff can be tracked down if the GOP was looking for the truth.
                          Then why didn't Judge and PJ corroborate her account of being at a party with Kavanaugh? They all stated that she wasn't there at that party. Nobody saw her, not her best friend who came with her, none of the boys. All we know is that Christine knew that these boys were friends. Given what I have heard from others it seems likely that they knew of each other, especially that Christine was dating one of Kavanaugh's friends. However,

the date wasn't asserted until AFTER Kavanaugh submitted his calendar. Christine never stated a date prior to Kavanaugh submitting her evidence. Which renders her claim suspect.

Comment

• Giancarlo
                            Giancarlo commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Verbal diarrhea. Her claims aren't suspect. Congratulations on supporting a rapist to the court.
                        Working...
                        X