No announcement yet.

Thread for obviously newsworthy stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I found this to be an interesting analysis of the political calculus of the current situation:

September 17 at 9:23 PM ·

If the senate confirms Kavanaugh, Republicans will lose the senate. Mitch McConnell knows this. He also knows what that will mean to Trump. Two more years to fill all the federal judgeships is his priority. This is a highly educated and credible woman. She took a polygraph that Brett Kavanaugh will never take. Her therapist has notes of her telling them about this traumatic event in her life. When she testifies before the judiciary committee, she will make a compelling case.

Kavanaugh is the most unpopular nominee ever because despite all the lies and perjury he has already committed, the fact of the matter is that Republicans cannot afford to overturn Roe. Mitch McConnell or any of the rest of the Republicans do not give a rat's ass about abortion rights except for the really brain-damaged loons like Rafael Cruz and Jim Inhofe. Republicans *need* for abortion to be legal because that's what turns out the evangelicals. Take that dog-whistle away and it's going to be a lot harder to turn them out.

Mitch knows all of this. He's as shrewd and evil as any man ever. I know this man. Mitch knows the House is gone. He has a chance to hold onto the Senate. If we do win the senate by 1 or 2 then he can still get Joe Minchin and a couple of others to approve their judicial nominees. If he dumps Kavanaugh, he can fill the judiciary with another 100 judges of his choosing. He filibustered as many judges as possible under Obama. There were just over 300 vacancies in the federal courts when Obama left office and since Trump was elected, they have put through more judicial nominees than ever. Just about every yahoo with a law degree that they could find has made it through.

So what's Mitch going to do? Lose the senate majority for Kavanaugh and give up another 150 judgeships AND throw away the Republicans' favorite Vote generator? This is where Jeff Flake and Bob Corker could be extremely useful to McConnell. They're going out anyway. McConnell put in a provision into the tax scam to specifically benefit Corker which will give Corker millions. McConnell also doesn't want to hand Democrats a wonderful weapon of a bunch of old white men treating this woman like they treated Anita Hill.

If Kavanaugh does overturn Roe, Republicans will not recover from that Tsunami and they will lose at least 3 generations of women. Confirming Kavanaugh would ensure that the Republican party would be a permanent minority. That's what's at stake. Now McConnell has to wake at least two senators up to that fact. He's not one to do the deed himself but the Butcher's Bill is about to come due when Mueller releases his next volley of indictments right soon.

Thomas Clay Jr.

Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Interesting thought: If we did live in a patriarchal society as Proteus believes, where women lie to protect rapists, then if the FBI interviewed her they would trap her in a lie and she would be charged. The Democrats would never be calling for an FBI investigation.
      I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
      - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• Originally posted by Kidicious View Post

So you don't have any evidence that ANY other accused person had 35 women testify on his behave? Got it.
        Kid obviously has never heard the term character witness before. What a dolt.
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Interesting thought: If we did live in a patriarchal society as Proteus believes, where women lie to protect rapists, then if the FBI interviewed her they would trap her in a lie and she would be charged. The Democrats would never be calling for an FBI investigation.
          If, what you understood from my (and -JRabbits) posting is, that I claim that the women lie for him, then your textual understanding is rather poor.

What I say is that many (maybe even most) rapists (excluding maybe serial rapists) can name a lot of women who can say that he (i.e. said rapist) never molested them or treated them bad and that these women could very likely tell the truth.

To come back to my example of Brock Turner:
          If Brock Turner would present a list of girls (school mates, siblings, co-workers, teram mates etc. ) who testify under oath that he never ever molested them or tried to rape them, then I would believe these women/girls.

Nevertheless it would have no influence on the rape he attempted at the drunken girl (which hen he tried to cover up with a lie)

No matter how many girls (truthfully) testify that he never ever attempted to rape them, this doesn't change that one time he did try rape a girl.
          Last edited by Proteus_MST; September 19, 2018, 14:14.
          Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
          Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• Like that's going to make a difference on how he thinks.
            Remember who you're talking to.
            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• True
              Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
              Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• Here is one from Cristina King, Kid:

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180919_132010.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	108.5 KB
ID:	9360300

Comment

• This could be interesting for some posters

Olfactory receptors are expressed by different cell types throughout the body and regulate physiological cell functions beyond olfaction. In particular, the olfactory receptor OR2AT4 has been shown to stimulate keratinocyte proliferation in the skin. Here, we show that the epithelium of human hair follicles, particularly the outer root sheath, expresses OR2AT4, and that specific stimulation of OR2AT4 by a synthetic sandalwood odorant (Sandalore®) prolongs human hair growth ex vivo by decreasing apoptosis and increasing production of the anagen-prolonging growth factor IGF-1. In contrast, co-administration of the specific OR2AT4 antagonist Phenirat® and silencing of OR2AT4 inhibit hair growth. Together, our study identifies that human hair follicles can engage in olfactory receptor-dependent chemosensation and require OR2AT4-mediated signaling to sustain their growth, suggesting that olfactory receptors may serve as a target in hair loss therapy.
                  With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

• Here is a citation from Mark Judge detailing how he and his friends are such drunks they commonly blacked out, do not remember events in which they participated, and allowed alcohol to negatively impact his... and others... lives.

Who is Mark Judge? The other guy in the room with rapist-to-be Kavanaugh.

Oh, and it's not just a cite. He had so much to tell he wrote a book.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackCat View Post
                      This could be interesting for some posters

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41467-018-05973-0
                      Now I understand why I constantly get ads with a pic of a tongue growing black hair

Comment

Interesting thought: If we did live in a patriarchal society as Proteus believes, where women lie to protect rapists, then if the FBI interviewed her they would trap her in a lie and she would be charged. The Democrats would never be calling for an FBI investigation.
                        Oh look. This ass is being an apologist for rapists now.

If it was a democrat president appointing a judge, kidiot would be calling for their heads.
                        For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

• Originally posted by Giancarlo View Post

Oh look. This ass is being an apologist for rapists now.

If it was a democrat president appointing a judge, kidiot would be calling for their heads.
                          He did something similar during the Roy Moore sideshow.
                          I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
                          Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
                          Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

• Originally posted by Broken_Erika View Post

He did something similar during the Roy Moore sideshow.
                            That doesn't surprise me at all.

The guy be convicted of raping a five year old, but as long as he has an R next to his name all is forgiven.
                            For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

• Originally posted by Proteus_MST View Post

If, what you understood from my (and -JRabbits) posting is, that I claim that the women lie for him, then your textual understanding is rather poor.

What I say is that many (maybe even most) rapists (excluding maybe serial rapists) can name a lot of women who can say that he (i.e. said rapist) never molested them or treated them bad and that these women could very likely tell the truth.

To come back to my example of Brock Turner:
                              If Brock Turner would present a list of girls (school mates, siblings, co-workers, teram mates etc. ) who testify under oath that he never ever molested them or tried to rape them, then I would believe these women/girls.

Nevertheless it would have no influence on the rape he attempted at the drunken girl (which hen he tried to cover up with a lie)

No matter how many girls (truthfully) testify that he never ever attempted to rape them, this doesn't change that one time he did try rape a girl.
                              So you think rapists have split personality or something? Where do you get this from? Rapists are creepy around ALL women. There aren't any secret rapists. Idk where you get this crap, but I know you believe a lot of BS.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
                                I found this to be an interesting analysis of the political calculus of the current situation:
                                I think that he will get the votes to confirm. The only question is people like Flake, Collins, Manchin etc... All of these seem to be ready to confirm. They just want to appear to be willing to let her tell her story. It's all for show. Collins btw, I believe is pretty upset by all the pressure she is getting from all the Freckin lunatics on your side saying they are going to rape her staffers and all that.

lie detectors don't mean anything. People know that.

Comment

Working...
                                X