Pope: Catholics should ask gay people for forgiveness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
    Right. When an atheist says that his worldview is going to inform his policy, nobody bats an eye. I disagree, vehemently, with Kennedy. I believe that America was founded as a Christian nation, and that it would be sustained by the Christian faith. I can cite many, many of the founding fathers on this.

If the disagreement is between Kennedy and Washington, I know who's side I'm on.
    You are a liar and you disagree with a man that had a vastly more profound knowledge of the history of this nation than you ever have had. You are a complete total liar.

Kennedy was Catholic. This nation is not Christian and the founding fathers made this very clear. Look up the Treaty of Tripoli, signed into law.

You just prove your perpetual idiocy. you have no right to force your religion into laws onto me or any other who doesn't share the same religion.
    For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

• You can believe whatever you want, *******. But I will be very clear on this. America is NOT a christian nation and your Christian worldviews do not dictate policy others should live by. The adoption of theocracy would destroy this nation.

Your Christian faith can sustain you all it wants, but you will NOT force that into laws. This is a secular nation and has been since the deist founding fathers made that clear.
      For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

• You are a liar and you disagree with a man that had a vastly more profound knowledge of the history of this nation than you ever have had.
        That may be so, but he also disagrees with other men who also had a profound knowledge of the history of America.

Kennedy was Catholic.
        Yes, and? The proper response to the anti Catholic bullcrap that he got tossed is, "If you're unwilling to vote for a Catholic then I suggest you vote for Nixon. My principles are my principles. You wouldn't ask Nixon to stop being a Quaker, so why am I asked to leave my faith at the doorstop of the White house?"

This nation is not Christian and the founding fathers made this very clear. Look up the Treaty of Tripoli, signed into law.
        Yes, the American nation is founded on Christian principles.

You just prove your perpetual idiocy. you have no right to force your religion into laws onto me or any other who doesn't share the same religion.
        You seem intent to force your religion on me. This is why you cannot acknowledge the Christian history of America - because that would mean that changing those principles is no different than what you're arguing against.
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• They are barring them from attending. Yoy are a lunatic. You should be banned from this site.
          They are not barred from attending. Where are you getting this? Private Catholic colleges in the United States are not barring homosexual students. The issue is over staff, not students.
          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

That may be so, but he also disagrees with other men who also had a profound knowledge of the history of America.

Yes, and? The proper response to the anti Catholic bullcrap that he got tossed is, "If you're unwilling to vote for a Catholic then I suggest you vote for Nixon. My principles are my principles. You wouldn't ask Nixon to stop being a Quaker, so why am I asked to leave my faith at the doorstop of the White house?"

Yes, the American nation is founded on Christian principles.

You seem intent to force your religion on me. This is why you cannot acknowledge the Christian history of America - because that would mean that changing those principles is no different than what you're arguing against.
            This ****ing idiot doesn't even have any slightest clue on this nations history. He even distorts what Kennedy said and didn't bother listening. 50 years now and we still deal with idiots like Ben.

America is not in any way founded on Christian principles. This is a secular nation and the founding fathers were very clear about that.

And I have no religion. There is no Christian history. This is a secular nation. Kennedy agreed with the founding father's. You are a loser in every sense. Your understanding of this nations history shows how ****ty your fake degree is.

Comment

They are not barred from attending. Where are you getting this? Private Catholic colleges in the United States are not barring homosexual students. The issue is over staff, not students.
              Yes they are, moron. LGBT students get expelled all the time from those colleges simply because of who they are.

Comment

• Well noone is going to "force" any church to do something that it doesn't want to do.
                They are and they are trying to do exactly that. That's the problem.

Also, why is the argument that the America of the 18th century is a theocracy? Seriously? The first actually democratic state, predating the French Revolution? All I've been arguing for is the constitution and the first amendment.

Comment

• Yes they are, moron. LGBT students get expelled all the time from those colleges simply because of who they are.
                  [[citation needed]]

Comment

Also, why is the argument that the America of the 18th century is a theocracy? Seriously? The first actually democratic state, predating the French Revolution? All I've been arguing for is the constitution and the first amendment.
                    You want a theocracy, dumbass. You are arguing for the destruction of the constitution.

Please actually read the constitution before you take a **** on it.

Comment

[[citation needed]]
                      No need. You never back any of your arguments.

Take my word for it. It is fact. It has happened to hundreds of students. Look it up (as you say!)!

Comment

I didn't say that it is a theocracy. I said that you want to make it one in alliance with Iran.
                        From a certain point on you're about as relevant as the flying spaghetti monster.

You keep talking about god but that can easily be countered.

You're talking about how YOU see god.

One can say, I simply don't care about god.
                        Another can say, god talked about love, not hate.

Whichever the answer though, when someone fights for something it's good to see what he's fighting for.

You're fighting something that only Iran and Saudi Arabia have won and they are on the defensive too.
                        And it's something that's just not good.

You bring shine and happiness to people just by letting them witness how outdated you are

Comment

• Have a brother that is gay? Catholic schools will expel you for that.

Trinity Academy in Kansas says LGBT acceptance, which runs “counter to the standing of a Biblical lifestyle," is grounds for expulsion.

Edit: Well...christian but close enough!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bereta_Eder View Post
                            I didn't say that it is a theocracy. I said that you want to make it one in alliance with Iran.
                            From a certain point on you're about as relevant as the flying spaghetti monster.

You keep talking about god but that can easily be countered.

You're talking about how YOU see god.

One can say, I simply don't care about god.
                            Another can say, god talked about love, not hate.

Whichever the answer though, when someone fights for something it's good to see what he's fighting for.

You're fighting something that only Iran and Saudi Arabia have won and they are on the defensive too.
                            And it's something that's just not good.

You bring shine and happiness to people just by letting them witness how outdated you are
                            He sees things and hear voices.

That is all I need.

Comment

• No need. You never back any of your arguments.
                              John Adams - one of the founding fathers:

Avarice, ambition, revenge, or gallantry, would break the strongest cords of our Constitution as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
                              John Adams to the Officers of the First Brigade of the Third Division of the Militia of Massachusetts.

October 11th, 1798

Comment

John Adams - one of the founding fathers:

John Adams to the Officers of the First Brigade of the Third Division of the Militia of Massachusetts.

October 11th, 1798

http://founders.archives.gov/documen.../99-02-02-3102
                                Look up the Treaty of Tripoli signed into law by John Adams.

The US is in no way a christian nation.

You are still an idiot.

Comment

Working...
                                X