No announcement yet.

Please don't take this too seriously.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On the plus side, I did get my homework done.
    Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Time to (edit: change career) and become a Catholic priest. (reason: remove distractions and focus on homework in the name of a higher cause)
      Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
      GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

• My uncle was a Catholic priest. Was.
        "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Have you told your ex how you feel?

Comment

• Yeah. She knows exactly how I feel.

Comment

• If I may be so bold, and only because you mentioned it yourself,
              why don't you want to have children?
              Is it something you are absolutely sure about or something that "must" be that way?

Comment

• It doesn't really matter why I don't want children at this point, but if you want the answer, see this thread.

Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
                Why don't I want kids?

1. I've been depressed for most of my life and cannot guarantee that I would be able to give unconditional support to my offspring.

2. I have no reason to believe I would make a good parent.

3. I don't feel any need to pass on my genetic code.

4. I don't believe in the concept of inheritance.

5. I don't want the fate of another human being to be in my hands.

6. Children are very expensive.

7. The world is not exactly in desperate need of more people.

8. With a family history of heart disease, depression, social awkwardness, and male pattern balding, I'm not sure my genes really deserve to be passed on.

9. I haven't done anything with my life yet, and I can't see anything getting done if I have children.

10. I work fulltime and go to school, so the idea of also raising a child seems somewhat ludicrous.

11. Children are annoying, ignorant, and dirty.

12. My children will probably want human contact.

13. I could either lie to my children constantly about the world or indoctrinate them into my insane belief system that will likely result in having a terrible life. (Alternatively, I could teach them to think for themselves, but I have no reason to believe I could do that successfully.)

5924. Time travel doesn't exist, so I cannot first acquire my children's consent to create them before doing so.

Comment

• For my own reasons I'll answer this as a quiz!

1. I've been depressed for most of my life and cannot guarantee that I would be able to give unconditional support to my offspring.

I've been depressed but also I've been happy. I can't guarantee that I'll always be a good father but I think kids are the most important thing in the world. I'd always act with this in mind like second nature. What that all means is that I'll always try.

2. I have no reason to believe I would make a good parent.
                  I'd love them.

3. I don't feel any need to pass on my genetic code.

4. I don't believe in the concept of inheritance.
                  Me either which is great because the kids will certaintly won't get spoiled haha (of course they'll get everything I have but that's not much. I soon as I pay off the house though, in due time, it's theirs)

5. I don't want the fate of another human being to be in my hands.
                  I always have the fate of another human beings on my hands and them mine.

6. Children are very expensive.
                  Very, very expensive.

7. The world is not exactly in desperate need of more people.
                  The world won't tell me what to do

8. With a family history of heart disease, depression, social awkwardness, and male pattern balding, I'm not sure my genes really deserve to be passed on.
                  Genes are genes and they can improve. Pray that no serious illness befalls them. Apart from that

9. I haven't done anything with my life yet, and I can't see anything getting done if I have children.
                  I think having kids is one of the highest calls in life. It's ok if fate/God chooses you won't have them. Going out of your way to not have them seems oppresive to me.

10. I work fulltime and go to school, so the idea of also raising a child seems somewhat ludicrous.
                  I work but I have time.

11. Children are annoying, ignorant, and dirty.
                  and lovely and cheerful and hope. they represent hope. and would make many people happy.

12. My children will probably want human contact.
                  I'd be worried if it was the opposite.

13. I could either lie to my children constantly about the world or indoctrinate them into my insane belief system that will likely result in having a terrible life. (Alternatively, I could teach them to think for themselves, but I have no reason to believe I could do that successfully.)
                  I'd love them and use all of my limited wisdom to guide them out of life's dangerous paths as much as possible.

BTW as things are going you're probably more likely to have kids than I do
                  The world works that way. It's cruel.

Comment

• 1. No one can guarantee that. **** happens.
                    2. That's what their mother is for.
                    3. Their mother's half will outbalance your half.
                    4. They don't have to get any.
                    5. That's what their mother is for.
                    6. That's why budgets were first invented.
                    7. But it is in need of more intelligent people.
                    8. That would make them rather typical.
                    9. Raising children properly would be a good attempt at a major accomplishment.
                    10. You would merely have to cut back on your Apolyton time.
                    11. That's what their mother is for.
                    12. That's what their mother is for.
                    13. That's what their mother is for.
                    5924. OK, fine. You win that one.
                    Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

• Almost every parent wonders if they'll be a good parent (and most of your other concerns) and it works out Ok for most.
                      I was scared ****less. And While I wasn't perfect, she turned out pretty good. AND I CAN"T IMAGINE not having had her.
                      She has brought great joy to my life. And she's not perfect either.
                      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• As I said, the kid thing doesn't even really matter anymore. I broke up with my ex over a year ago. She wouldn't want to go through all of that again with me. And she's been with the new guy for approaching a year now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
                          As I said, the kid thing doesn't even really matter anymore. I broke up with my ex over a year ago. She wouldn't want to go through all of that again with me. And she's been with the new guy for approaching a year now.
                          Show up in a box.

JM
                          Jon Miller-
                          I AM.CANADIAN
                          GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• You only get one "show up in a box" story per lifetime.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
                              It doesn't really matter why I don't want children at this point, but if you want the answer, see this thread.
                              Dude, you care way too much about the opinions of your non-existent kids.
                              “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                              "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

• ice cream is good. i'm a third of the way through season 7 of ds9. don't know what i'll do with my life when i finish the series. oh god.

Comment

Working...
                                X